Marriott International, Inc.
Coronavirus update
Information from Marriott International, Inc.:

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Singapore68 reviews
Great employee benefits and personal growth opportunities. Opportunities to travel for trainings and task force. There are a lot of e-learnings and system trainings available for self improvement.
I am assigned as a Hostess in the Wet Pool area. I am the first point of contact of the guests at W Hotel. It was great working there because of you are able to meet a different people.
During my stay in W Hotel I was able to learn how to basic bartender and I was able to enhance my multi tasking skills. The management was kinda difficult to deal with because in the F&B Industry you know that there are a lot of "boss" you have to obey but it was not a big issue on my part because I am flexible and easy to get a long with.

I had no problem working with my co-workers because as a team you have to be open minded and you should have a give and take relationship for a successful team.

The hardest part of working in Wet Pool Area is that you are working under the sun and you are still working under the rain.

The most enjoyable part is working everyday and meeting new & old guests and working with my colleagues.
Pros
Free food in the hotel
Cons
Working under the sun & rain
Learn how to take trays, set up nicely, how to pour tea, wine, soft drinks in a polite way. Learn how to handle customers. Enjoy being there because they have fun working mates.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
it was my part time when i was doing my ITE. i worked there for very long. After my school i rushed to go to work to get my school fees and for my pocket money.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
far
- morning briefing to S&M Team on occupancy, ADR and competitor sets
- daily sales call, Entertainment, Site

- end of day updates from Sales Team on their day and anything that needed immediate attention so that they can revert to client within 24hrs
Pros
Handling of high profile clients
Cons
Political
Worked as trainee waiter inSingapore Marriott Hotel for three months, where I used to prepare breakfast
buffet area in Marriott Cafe, Taking Orders, Serving Guest, Preparing Mise en place, worked as runner,

making and serving cafe and wines
Pros
all good
Cons
all good
It is a great luxury hotel. The only problem is if you are a foreign worker and your work permit is not approved by the manpower ministry, the hotel cannot do anything about it.
Pros
Hotel standards are always checked
Cons
Foreign workers are regulated by the government.
Nice working environment with nice colleagues, good bosses that will help to assist their associate to achieve their goals.
The working environment was very fun and productive. Able to manage inventory and operating materials. Worked in team comprising different nationalities, attending needs of guest from different places as well.
- Fun and exciting
- It takes teamwork to get the job done

- Supportive management

- Supportive and kind co-workers

- When there are no rooms for guest due to full house occupancy

- When guest/s appreciate us and thank us for their great stay
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Typical work day in and out, we handle ledgers, figures, prudential in work, reports. I learned to be more careful and always alert. My partner is helpful and we work well together. The hardest part of the job is there is no correction or amendment that could be done as if one move made is a mistake, then all figures wrong or perhaps there is discrepancies and we are answerable to the account department and other department of the hotel as well. The most enjoyable part is we enjoy the staff gatherings if there is any function that the management made for the hotel staffs and we enjoy the staff benefits.
Pros
Free dinner, supper, meal or staff meal.
Cons
If a mistake done, we happen to face discrepancy and answerable to the Account Department.
St. Regis hotel is a luxury hotel, I work there as a intern, but i learned a lot from this hotel. it helps me to learn something like how to communicate with customers, how to build a good relationship with customers, how to deal with customer complains, it is also a chance for me to know the inside of a company.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
working schedule is not flexible
Sometimes morning and night serving all type of people and all kind of events mostly Indian wedding. We cater for all events, should checkout at asitha wedding services.
Pros
free food
After school over, I used to work part time. this is one of my part time jobs. this job place is not nice. managers are not good , not friendly and not kind to part time workers.
Learning setup such like wedding, meeting and seminar, D&D

The hardest part of my job is back to back event. back to back setup

Most enjoyable part was doing turn over with all the partimers
Here, I learn about Singapore culture, there local staple food.
here also i go through restaurant week which was difficult time to play my role in kitchen and give my best.I learn here how to deal with people in busy situation.here i get more managing skills.which helps me to preform step-by-steps.

my colleagues and my seniors are tremendous personalities which helpful for me.The atmosphere of working place was enjoyable playful.
Its great place to work. only thing which I dont like was had to work 16 hrs some days as there wasn't any one else to cover me specially when my technicians on leave. Other than that I really enjoyed working for one of the best hotel brand in the world.
Pros
Weeekends and public holiday was very busy
Cons
very clean job
Good team to work with
when facing difficult customer

Good colleagues

always plan outing with team members
1: So far everything is fine.
2: How to service the guests

3: Manangement is very good in handling staff

4: friendly and good teamwork

5:Handling a difficult guest

6: Recieve comment card"s from guest
Pros
Good benefit
Cons
Nil
My housekeeping knowledge and passion to work at beyond guest expectations, all starts here. i learn all my knowledge to some of my good colleagues. They guide me from the very beginning until the last day of my internship.
since work in westin hotel, i wake at 5:00am
i'm working in cold kitchen. i haven't seen many kind of cheese, and dry fruit, lot of recipes

and now i know how to make a la carte.

my co-workers have enthusiation of work

they teached me how to deal with stress. and give an advice how to make a salad.

the hardest part of the job is working cafe in hotel. cause i working alone and do my thing is felt isolation.

but the most enjoyable part of the job is now i know how to do sandwich. and take care of my place
Pros
medical, learn some kind of work
Cons
isolation in cafeworking. less people