Mazars

Mazars Employee Reviews

Singapore13 reviews

tough industry

There is a cost squeeze due to industry, too much turnover otherwise, decent people to work with and management is a lot of fun. Lots of travel around Singapore, staff are split with competent and incompetent people a lot of wasted effort when working with poor staff.

Work remotely and good opportunity for further growth

First intern at an accounting firm. The full time staff were all really friendly during the training process and they were all really easy to talk to. Till today, they are still inviting us, the past interns, to their team gatherings occasionally. Even though the team was helpful, the job scope can be challenging as it is a mid-tier firm and we had to handle a lot on our own at times. With that said, despite the challenge, it is a perfect place to nurture and gain valuable insights and knowledge from the seniors around.

Nice colleagues but not much career prospect

Colleagues are nice and helpful, but the workload is very high, as much as Big 4, but the portfolio is not so impressive because the clients size are usually small to medium, hence, may not be so valuable to your track record.

Fun place to work

The most enjoyable part of the job is they highly promote work life balance and the work culture is the best. Good employment relations and employee relations.

self learning and rigour

I spent six months in Singapore, as an audit Intern for Mazars and intervened in over 10 international companies. At this occasion, I have discovered the critical importance of teamwork, especially in this field, where the exchange of data and information with other team members was crucial to the successful completion of a full audit.

Had a nice experience working there and would love to work again if opportunity is available. The partners and managers are quite friendly. The work place is also very friendly.

Best Mid Tier firm

The company do not have a large enough workforce. They are lean not only at the top, but on all levels. “We have always had more work than heads to do it, and that’s how it should be.” How is “more work than people” achieved? The simplest way is growth. When a company grows, it almost automatically reaches a situation where employee capacity lags behind the amount of work.

Typical audit firm

Still a young firm overall in Singapore but is expanding fast in the country. Typical mid tier audit firm in Singapore and the work is the same as all mid tier audit firm in Singapore

Productive and fun workplace

Mazars gave me a lot of opportunities to grow and gave me chances to lead IPO engagements as Audit Senior. I also had chance to plan the audit from the start, including liasing with group auditors,etc.

Pros

Nice office with nice facilities

Cons

No cons

Good working environmennt

The Company environment is a good place to work as we are dealing with different nationalities and sharing cultures which I believe is a good thing for us to create teamwork.

Pros

Flexible time

Good management

Good management and good benefits such as dental and hospital benefits. Lots of space for learning and climbing the ladder. Good place for career progression / career advancement.

Productive work place

A typical day at work: Audit planning, Internal control assessment, test of internal control's effectiveness and audit of client's accounting records, assessing the risk of audit engagement, drafting financial statement, following up with client and managing client's relationship. What I learned: Financial reporting, Financial standards, Analytical skills, Time management skills and People management Management: Knowledgeable and approachable. Co-workers: Friendly and helpful. Hardest part of the jobs: Long hours The most enjoyable part of the job: Audit fieldwork.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

a very diverse work place

In Mazars, I was able to team up with people from different countries, which is an extremely great experience to me. I worked with people from Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, China and France.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mazars. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Mazars
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?