MediaCorp Pte Ltd.

MediaCorp Pte Ltd. Employee Reviews

Singapore52 reviews
Is a good environment for beginner to learn and gain experience,but if you wish to expand your eyesight i would recommend you not to stay too long in this company ,you can try to step out from the comfort zone to learn new things
Loads of passion needed to stay long in this place, because pay, benefits and advancement are not within grasp for the majority.

Stable, if your only alternative is freelance.
I was on a contract term staff.
Great company to work in, good superior and friendly colleagues.

Caring staffs, great facilities and nice environment to work at.
Just a few words. Weak and terrible management. Unfair and not transparent performance appraisal. Cancer grade office political issue. Attacking and boycott foreign staff seriously, so only focusing on local culture and reduced creativity for the TV industry all along. The dropping viewership rating throughout 20 years plus is substantial evidence of proofing
Fast paced day
collaborating is key

Management is fair

Work culture is fun but stressful

hardest part is stress and workload

enjoyable is the creative work and colleagues
A lot of passionate colleagues who love production and content, with a good bunch willing to expand and learn about the new digital economy. Strong collaborative environment.
it feels there is a gap between higher posts and staff. can see the gap clearly. it will be nice if all can mingled regardless of different positions to create a more vibrant and enjoyable work place. Favouritism between managers and staff can clearly be seen .
Instead of replacing frontline members who left or asked to go, new senior posts were created. Presence of office politics and intense cut-throat competition among internal sales divisions.
I learned many different tasks, and learnt to coordinate and integrate with various teams. I had control over the decisions I gt to make and they were so open to fresh ideas.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at MediaCorp Pte Ltd.?
The 15 years has given me a vast experience in many levels of the job. I have learned a lot in Mediacorp. Mediacopr has granted me many opportunities to grow and i am very grateful for that.
Great working environment. A place where you can discover your full potential and capability when dealing with multiple projects. Endless learning curves while handling different clients.
Serious office politics. Back-stabbing and gossiping among colleagues in order to achieve their goals, not through hard work. Unfairness towards gender and race, favoritism among colleagues and superiors. Poor workplace culture.
Pros
A good learning platform
Cons
Favoritism among colleagues and superiors
There are too many people in the organization and there is no vision from senior management.
People in senior positions, often seem to not have the necessary skills and knowledge to run the business.

Staff are staying because some of them have been there for more than 10 years.
Pros
New building
Cons
Very unfulfilling work
There were times when I wished I should have joined this company earlier. Then at times I wished I had another career. Although the work was very interesting for me, it can be very tiring due to the long hours. I wished the management paid more attention to the hard working camera crew. Without them there will be nothing to watch on TV. Crew lacks credit.
Pros
Meet interesting people n places. Learn alot abt Singapore culture, history, food, learn how the rich n poor live their lives.
Cons
Weekends burnt, long n odd hours at times.
Worst decision of my life to accept employment here. Learned a very important lesson in life. Don't jump. Study carefully and ask yourself if you're making the right decision once, twice, three times until 10x before you jump. Check Glassdoor and Indeed reviews before you make a decision. What everyone says there is true about environment, CEO and the work,
I was working in the English Drama Department then and I was working in a short term drama production. It was really stressful from day one. You had to be in charge of everything in that position when you work for mediacorp, from props to "changing the diaper" for the cast. on top of that there are some people you worked with who will try to sabotage you. I had no social life.

Thankless job.

Great opportunity and experience though.
Lots of exposure with steep learning curse as its very heavily driven by top and bottom line and team is very lean. But very nice colleauges across the various departments
Fun working place i learn a lot of back end scene operation im very motivated by my job handling online payments issues and luv talking to customers via calls in English or Mandarin
Pros
fun working place
Cons
The company culture is regimented and top-down, with little interest in feedback back from employees. It is not conducive for an industry that is suppose to be creative.
Channel NewsAsia Newsroom

Management is clueless in career planning and advancement for staff.

Zero conversation with staff affected by consistent restructuring and re-org of staff
Cons
I was there for an internship and I have gained a lot of experience in it since it is my first time working in an office environment where I am the only intern. Through my internship period, I was given an opportunity to extend to become a part-timer because of the skills I have learned and possess.