MFS Investment Management

MFS Investment Management Employee Reviews

MFS Service Center

I want to emphasis this is more about the service center than MFS as a whole. The amount of pay is nowhere near a livable wage. They depend heavily on a vested retirement plan. Once the math is done, your still underpaid. The job drains energy and literally could lead to depression. At times mandatory OT is forced upon staff. There is a two year rule which could derail your career before starting. It's better to start elsewhere then apply to MFS if interested. Their policies are outdated as is their technology.

Pros

Co-workers

Cons

Pay, Career progression

Trading advancement for stability

I've stayed at MFS for over 10 years because of the great benefits and (previously) good work-life balance. Turnover has historically been very low so advancement opportunities were relatively non-existent, though I think that is beginning to change. Still, a long tenure here has limited my career growth--both in terms of job title and exposure to new technologies. We are slow to adapt new technologies, and people end up siloed with their applications.Being in the financial industry comes with a mess of red tape, but the company as a whole has done a pretty good job setting up processes to work through much of it in a reasonable manner. Despite this, actually getting any real work deployed to production takes significantly more time than it needs to, and sometimes does not happen at all.In the last 4-5 years, upper and middle management have become out of touch with employees at the bottom of the ladder. Despite numerous pleas and insightful counter arguments, management--who all have comfy offices--pushed everyone into an open space concept (just in time for the pandemic). Now those same people are pushing for employees to be in the office far more than needed, citing the importance to our culture, though they do not associate with us on any normal basis.

Pros

Great benefits, many good people

Cons

Out of touch management

Time to time team building in parks helps

Assisting people helps me to grow and learn new things everyday, to plan everyday listen and hear colleague's especially in management Fairness is of paramount importance.Achieving set out goals and targets is the sweet p

Empresa dinâmica e top no mercado.

Excelente empresa para trabalhar. pacote de remuneracao e beneficios muito atrativa, porem ambiente competitivo. ambiente internacional com muitas oportunidades

Pros

remuneracao e pacote de beneficios bem atrativo

Cons

ambiente competitivo

30 year career, grateful for incredible opportunities and support, open door- access to management. When the Chairman, CEO, and President all know your name that says something! Flexibility, work/life balance, ability to move into different departments, not a one track place, we are encouraged to collaborate and network. They are making great efforts in their DEI and ESG education and accommodation. Excellent benefits. Amazing culture. Many many employees are there 25, 30, 35 years! Can be mentored and have mentees. Many promotions from within in sales department.

Pros

Culture. Benefits. Ability to grow. International company.

how they manipulate their staff

I thought it was a great company to work for in the beginning but got the surprise of my life after seven years at this company. They talk a big game, but they put people in management that are not qualified to lead. HR does not want to hear the truth from the average employee, management to them is the golden child. One day this company is going to find itself in a situation because of their lack of qualified managers.

benefits

Cons

employees pay in ways for those benefits (not monetarily) poor management

Great Culture

This is one of the best companies I have worked for. Companies always preach about the culture but MFS is one of the few places where it’s actually really important to senior management.

Pros

Work life balance, culture

Great culture

Good people and culture, great location, work life balance. Not always easy to get things done but teams understand and pull together. Open door policy from senior management.

Very stessful

Everything you do is timed to the second and you are extremely under paid for the work. Your evaluated based on your mistakes and there is always fingers pointed at you when you make those.

For a younger person starting out of college

Poor work culture, you are timed to the second on everything and just hope you don't need to use the bathroom regularly, this is viewed as a negative.

Pros

Cons

micro management

Great culture

Great culture and supporting employees

MFS has a notoriously supporting culture where employees across departments are willing to help at a moments notice. Work was challenging, but rewarding.

Pros

New projects daily, work is meaningful

Cons

Low chance of return offer for interns

Very productive experience

A great place to work at and very organized management. People usually stay for a very long time, 20 and 30 years because of the benefits and work life balance.

Great mentors and collaborative teamwork

People were friendly and willing to guide me during work. Many of the managers (even from different departments) had an open-door policy and I could always reach out and schedule with them to ask any questions that I had.

Great company

I haven’t work for long there but it is a great company, there is access to many resources everybody is super nice, the culture in the office is very friendly. It’s a great way to start your career

Okay job

Never given clear direction of what was required of me. I often felt lost in what I was supposed to do. I never felt comfortable in what I was doing. It was very frustrating.

Productive and Collaborative

MFS excels at creating a collaborative work environment. They put a great deal of emphasis on making sure employees have a good work/life balance. They put the employee first

MFS is a great organization. Not only a great place to start a career but also to finish one. There is lots of mobility within the organization and skills that transfer outside as well.

stable company

MFS is a great company to work for. great benefit, work life balance and have a good moral. this is one of the company have less turn around, Employee work for 30 to 40 years plus

Good Benifits For All Empolyees

Good Medical / Dental, and nice saving options for retirement. Service Center is a place to get foot in the door, but its a grind day in and day out, so I've seen many not make it past first month after the extensive three month training. If you're looking to get into finance and are up to the challenge it might be the place for you that being said. Majority of the people were nice to work with and easy to be around. Advancement is difficult however as most higher level positions are held at the main office in Boston by the same people for several years, and few spots open up. You definitely have to "know" someone or find a way to stand out, or be willing to work a different position in the Service Center to move upward. Make sure you have a specific goal in mind for what you want to do if you decide to work at MFS.

An excellent environment

At MFS, employees are valued extremely highly- perhaps as much as the portfolios themselves. Workdays have extremely flexible hours, and most managers are understanding if working the typical 9-5 is legitimately unrealistic. Perhaps the best part, by extension, is the culture of employment there. When I arrive at the office, I am greeted with 'hellos' from people regardless of a direct working relationship. Most employees are happy to meet for coffee to talk about their roles, and many others are perfectly willing to sit and show you what they do on a daily basis (if they have the time, of course). Furthermore, the benefits outside of the job, from deals at certain businesses and events to the very competitive retirement savings plan and tuition reimbursement, offered by MFS explain why many employees stay with the company for 20+ years.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MFS Investment Management. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare MFS Investment Management with