Micron Technology, Inc.

Micron Technology, Inc. Employee Reviews

Singapore113 reviews
Multi tasking is required.
Working with manufacturing requirement.

Usa working culture

Long night shift 12 hours without resting. Only 1 hour meal break.

03 Days work , and 04 days off & rest

04 Days work , and 03 days off & rest
Pros
4 days work week
Cons
night shift 12 hours without rest
Plus points:
Good mentorship for new hires. Culture of sharing knowledge allows one to quickly assimilate into a new role. Lots of cross-department projects to gain understanding about the work of different teams. Salary is good among semiconductor companies. Company makes it a point to celebrate important milestones and are willing to spend money (such as booking the whole Universal Studios for a day) to do so.

Minus points:

Except for a select few teams, generally very stingy about providing training opportunities. Middle management has the mindset that all skills (including AI and Deep Learning) can be mastered through one week of googling or a few high-level internal sharing sessions, and naively expects to see such mastery quickly. This frustrates employees who feel that they cannot grow in their roles.

The campaign for work-life balance is just paying lip service. Poor work-life balance for any role that supports production line. And middle management makes no attempt to improve the situation. Initiatives from top management are good but middle management adds 101 'buts' to the plans, basically to say that they won't carry out the directives.
such a nice environment and can get good more knowledge and circles.
Fully accomplished and up-to-date in all modern piping and construction methods and meeting corporate goals from maximizing efficiencies, establishing new systems, QC procedures, planning and solving problems aligning on with management, sub-contractors and the workforce.

I was placed in Night Shift immediately after joining. I didn't want to, but as no choice was provided I had to take it up. It gave me a tough time as I was not able to get a proper sleep neither during the day nor at night. I had raised my concerns to the manager but his response was vague. The only good thing, I got 3 Days off and had to work for 4 days. Other than the timing issues, the team was great and very helpful throughout.
部门经理,偏爱把问题事故美化,经常勾心斗角,玩弄权术,排斥和压制甚至逼走那些认真勤劳务实的下属。应此经常导致公司因为行政的偏差而出现亏损,但是都被掩盖为意外故障。
如果你想在这间公司愉快的工作,你需要多花时间把工作报告写好,而不是花太多的时间把工作做好。
Pros
工资不错。
Cons
公司文化不好,心里压力大,适合懒惰但不负责任的人工作。
compensation is competitive, but management structural changes are too often that need more time to digest organization changes, and strategy changes.
Multilingual atmosphere with high end technology in place. Safety and work culture are of utmost important to the management.
Learning is a daily routine.
Good place to learn and grow money, OT pay is good. Long Working hours. Must be prepared to work into the night or weekend if necessary.
My internship with them was fulfilling.But the lack of a structured program for interns are quite annoying. I had to feel my way through the job half of the time.
Pretty standard and boring engineering company. Check and make sure if engineering is the type of job you want to do since you can get stuck in the semiconductor industry for very long...
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
OT hours
It is a good place to start. can learn things. dont have very good work life balance. everyone has a lot of things need to do. have many on-going projects.
Was there on a year-long attachment under NUS Systems Design Project where I workd with the Data Science team in consultation with the water production team.
Foreign work culture very big organisation and technical support is very good. Different types of countries people work together. I am really very happy this type of work place.
Fast paced and technology driven with excellent benefits. Highly collaborative company with strong emphasis on collaboration and team work. Safety a top priority
Chanllenging and tense but salary is not bad. You have to keep moving to keep the abreast of your peers and your boss too. To be calm while facing issues.
Even though workload can be a bit too much, there are other perks like an on-site gym, quarterly bonuses, employee share options, and profit-sharing incentives. Work culture is good as well.
I couldn't continue working here because there are limited options for advancement in career.
I have learnt to work under stress and able to multi task.
My job had made to me to be more friendly with other department people also i have to work along with other colleagues to get work done. It is a nice company to work and very well managed work timing.
Dynamic and challenging work environment. Good place for learning and skills development. It was positive to be part of global company and gain wider cultural perspective.
Dynamic and challenging work environment, good place for learning and skills development. It was positive to be part of global company and gain wider cultural perspective.
Attractive salary but high-pressure working environment. Competitive among colleagues, the opportunity of growth is low. Staff benefits are good, facilities such as gym, studio, small table tennis court are available.
Meetings after meetings, Long hours, plenty of data mining, data analyzing and decision making. Steep learning curve with never ending learning opportunities. Friendly and helpful co-workers only if they are free. Celebrations after celebrations and recognition after recognition could get in the way of work at times.
Micron does not hire people from abroad, only hiring local people for the roles they advertise, and I mean, not even PR's!

They should state this in their adds, do not apply if you are not Singaporean, would avoid waste of time filling the job applications.