Microsoft

Microsoft Employee Reviews in Bellevue, WA

Very helpful, Good Management , Enjoyable , informative , Good Work Culture , Gratitude , Management skills & confidential Easy accessable great working
Microsoft is no longer the Microsoft you thought it is. So much politics and management churn. No guidelines for layoffs but mangers constantly trying to kick people out.
Microsoft showed me what it means and by example to express a growth mindset. Learn how to quickly ramp on new products and features, solve complex problems and learn the art of how to be a good storyteller. Besides these soft skills, I leaned the Microsoft Security story both on- Prem and leading into Aure. I could explain this to fellow engineers and C level executives and directors. I was very lucky to have worked with some wonderful people at Micorosft and only moved out of my last position due to 80% travel. Fun at first but with two kids and other family members it began to way on me.
MS has everything one could want to learn and grow your career. Lots of focus on employee experience. Highly recommend. MS is very engaged in local community and encourages employees to dedicate time to their cause of choice. There are a lot of learning opportunities and many different job disciplines to move to when the time is right.
One of the favorite things out of many that they value at Microsoft, is growth mindset. With that being implemented, as part of their company culture, I was able to witness how well it worked, keeping the employees happy and more important, getting the genius out of them.
I found many people who had been hired because of who they knew, or because they did well at a lower role. And had been promoted to the point they were not well-positioned for the role they currently held.
Pros
pay was ok
Cons
Lots of people doing the fake it till ya make it.
Awesome campus, great cafeterias, nice coworkers. There was plenty of team discussion to coordinate our efforts on the group project. I would love to find my next job at Microsoft.
Learnt new hands on software development skills Was happy to be around intellectual people Excellent employee resources Good work life balance Encouraging management
Contract workers' salaries kept to a minimum, little promotion of interaction with co-workers, production primary basis of quality of the employee's work
There is room for growth and trying new things is encouraged. With parking and commuting options, on-site restaurants and cafes, and the ability to work remotely, they are leaders in making it easy to be a valued part of the team.
Pros
Free parking, on site food options, working remotely
Cons
Conflicting direction for tasks, too many layers, too many vendors
I've been a part of Microsft now for better or worse of three years. The overall work environment here is toxic, political, and just dishearting, given what the company sells itself to be to the public. From the words of 10+ year blue badge veterans I've gotten to know intimately at Microsoft be warned...THIS COMPANY DOES NOT VALUE THE INDIVIDUAL. I've witnessed workers from the Xbox dev division to the Surface Pro dev division work for little to no gratitude from their higher-ups. Things we thought we'd only see in movies about lazy and soul-crushing managers beating down our heroes. The only difference from the film to real-life...often there is no justice or "they will get theirs" in the end. Microsft is plagued with uncertainly of job safety for many of their workers, mostly their v-dashes/vendors who are the real lifeblood of the company but are treated like third-class citizens regardless of where you come from. False promises are a dime a dozen. I can not stress enough how many co-workers I've had the pleasure to work with, people who genuinely care for the success of not only their work but wanting a change in the company gets destroyed mentally by underhanding upper management. There is a blue badge, aka FTE vs. orange badge, aka vendors conflict in this company that Microsft wants to pretend isn't there. Turnover rate is VERY HIGH for vendors, and often those turnovers happen out of the blue with no two-week notice. If you are a v-dash, you have no job security regardless of what they tell you. Trust me; I've seen an heard it all. Overall I do believe there was a - more...
I started at a low rate but learned a lot from my experience. Learning new skills and meeting new people happens every day. The campus and work life balance is also great!
Pros
Learn new things
Cons
Pay rate accoding to living expenses
My project was about to designed and implement Microsoft Knowledge Graph integrating data from all Microsoft products and services in Azure Data Lake / Cosmos environment, to provide unified views of Microsoft Customer view to support scenarios such as Personalization, Marketing campaigns, and Fraud Detection.
Microsoft is a great place to begin your career. You will learn a lot of useful technologies, as well as interacting with managers and team mates in a relatively relaxed environment (under no pressure). On the down side, sometimes management is poor, and you have to watch out for your own good and switch teams when you are not in a good place, before you get a bad review.
Day at work: Design, Coding, Meeting, Scrum Learned: Azure domain knowledge Workspace: single office, good for focus on work hardest and enjoyable: good collages, sometime work is not well planed.
Work Life balance Help and encouragement to learn Learn to work as a team and help others Problem solving nature of all the team members enjoy the culture
Exposure to many tools and diagnostics and the customers were amazing. The only issue I had working there was that I was contracted which meany no 401 K and no insurance.
I lucked out and love my manager. She has high expectations, which is great, but is also sympathetic and understanding as well. It's hard to find a manager who's a combination of those two traits.
Microsoft is fun place to work at. There is opportunity to learn and grow all the times. There is enough diversity for anyone to fit in easily. Overall great place for work.
Great place to work and comfortable workspace to go to on a daily basis. Made good use of my skills and background while being flexible to my schedule and availability.
Typical day was 8 hours with good work life balance. Managers strived and pushed for your success. Tech leads under managers were knowledgeable but shouldn't have been in any team leadership role.