Microsoft

Microsoft Employee Reviews in Redmond, WA

Found 1,910 reviews matching the search
My manager and mentor helped me a lot throughout my internship. There are also a lot of intern events to help with networking, meeting other teams across the company, and opportunities to create your own events too!
Nothing interesting. Company isn’t particularly anything. Not innovative. Culture is okay in some parts, terrible in others. It’s okay, but nothing to write home about.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Boredom
I love working for this company as i feel challenged everyday. I have peers that look out for each other and support one another in every step of the way
Love working at microsoft. The atmosphere here is so collaberative and welcoming. Working in UR i got to meet a lot of wonderful people and the work life balance is pretty flexible.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
none!
I was caught up in 2 reorgs in 15 months putting me into a role I wasn't qualified for and never would have been hired into. I was sad to leave the company, which I did voluntarily, but I wasn't able to find a job that I was excited about. They look for very specific educational profiles and ways of thinking even though as a company they talk about diversity. If you have an MBA or CS degree, you'll do fine. Anything else, it's hard to move within the company and difficult to succeed since they have a specific way they do things.
Pros
Internal diversity groups, great company mission, great people
Cons
High pressure, long work days, difficult to succeed without being able to work their very specific way.
Great benefits, and really smart and motivated coworkers. Very high pressure to succeed, leading to less-than-ideal work life balance and high stress.
Pros
benefits, time off
Cons
work life balance
Good work life balanceLearn about new technologyDiversity and inclusion efforts are moreManagement care for employees.Lot of meetings take most of the time
Pros
diversity and inclusion
Cons
hard to do internal move
I start early in the morning. We have standup around 10-11. Most of my MS interactions is between 12 and 5. Very easygoing culture. Management was very responsive.
It's a very nice company to work for. I learned a lot from the projects which I joined in Microsoft. Good Managers, Nice Buildings, Good Pay Rate, ...
Pros
Free Drink, Nice Building
Cons
Complicated On Boarding process
At Microsoft, you get to work with a lot of brilliant minds and with products that everyone has heard of. A lot of the tech stack is microsoft specific but they did a good job. Sometimes there is office politics but it's not as common to deal with engineering.
Pros
Great campus, great people, big impact, benefits
Cons
Constanlty changing vision
Job security and advancementIn terms of job security at Microsoft, I’ve always felt secure in my employment. It’s been relatively easy to switch between groups and I have relocated by choice across the country twice to a different office on Microsoft’s dime. I have changed between engineering disciplines as well. Although I do feel changing disciplines slows your advancement through the promotion levels.
Overall, working at Microsoft is rewarding financially and personally, especially with regard to flexible schedules. Accountability is still expected (like any good company).
If you're looking for a role at a company that gives back, values diversity and believes in it's people, Microsoft is for you. Great benefits door LGBTQ employees.
Plenty of opportunity to move around the company in different roles. So many smart, motivated, passionate people made it a joy to show up to work most days.
Pros
Great co-workers, good work / life balance, plenty of opportunity, cool products. CFO is awesome, always look forward to her all-hands.
Cons
A lot of re-orgs, muddled scope and friction between teams, duplication of work across parts of finance and marketing, compensation (for finance) is on the low-end of the market
Microsoft sets the bar high for places to work that stimulate your mind to want to grow and learn. The culture is positive and all about helping each other achieve your goals. I was very happy there and had to leave due to moving out of state and no offices nearby or remote options.
Pros
Benefits are awesome, culture is positive, work life balance is excellent, food is the best!
Cons
None!
I like but sometimes is not corditation whit manager and employees , I don’t like people whit bad mood and sometimes people or administration acting like that
Pros
Free lunch
Worked at Redmond office. Commute is high traffic and extremely stressful. Pay well, but expect a high work load. Very demanding job with high expectations. Are constantly learning on the job.
Pros
Benefits, salary, team environment
Cons
Demand, extremely fast paced
If you are looking for accelerated career progression, you can take on a lot of work. However, you can also keep work life balance. I think it's a great place for parents with kids who want to place family as priority given all the benefits.
Pros
Healthcare
The open door policy, benefits, and group discussion are key at this company. Management was accessible to their employees most times when requested time for a meeting.
Pros
Benefits, holidays, vacation
Cons
Healthcare, merits
Management has a lot to improve, politics pushes good people away. Overall, the projects were a mix, some good and some bad. Manager plays a huge role in your career progression and the actual work isn't as important as the perception.
Microsoft works to develop some very exciting and ground breaking products. And there are some very hard-working, driven, and brilliant people that I really enjoy working with. However, they have little regard for work life balance, at least during certain phases of the projects.
Pros
Good compensation and benefits
Cons
Poor work life balance