Microsoft

Microsoft Employee Reviews in Seattle, WA

Very cut throat environment, watch your back. Salaries are appropriate for level and stock options are exceptional. Growth opportunities are limited in senior roles and everyone is expendable.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Zero job security after age 40
Lots of process questions. Tons of questions on sales aptitude including relationship building.Questions specific to bidding and process improvement.
I loved the culture at Microsoft because everyone is super smart but also willing to help one another and the work and life balance is good and they provide so many benefits.
Pros
Good Work/Life Balance, Teamwork, Great Culture
Cons
Less Upward Mobility, Less Understanding of Career Movement, Company Huge
The amount of stress you expose is to much your manager The amount of stress you expose is to but you dont really understend and other people try to take you spot you fight for your spot
I didn't have a desk at the Xbox campus. Amenities for that campus were solid. I could always get coffee there reliably as well as a meal. Plenty of parking
I had a wonderful experience working here. My manager gave me a lot of flexibility to pursue my intellectual goal. The internship encourages taking new challenges and publish the work. Everyone is very helpful and help to learn new skills.
Nice environment to work and learned a lot. Very comfortable workplace culture. The most enjoyable team that I have worked with. Such challenging day-to-day activities.
Everyday was a challenge of my potential, but that was my favorite part of the job. Every day was different in which challenge I would receive, and at the time it seemed more than what I could do. However, I excelled every task given to me. Microsoft showed me more of myself than I knew, and showed me more of what I am capable of.
friendly staff, open seating plan. casual attire is nice. little direction is given however, expected to pretty much jump in the fire upon start. most managers are friendly.
Pros
lots of freedom
Cons
little direction
I enjoyed working with the engineers and recruiting some good talent. Management was somewhat unrealistic about the amount of guidelines I was expected to follow.
My job was right up my alley at MS. However, the work went offshore, so job security was lacking. The building and business was inspiring and innovative.
Good place for hardworking but work life balance is not great. Constant changes. Hard targets. Great colleges. Love the tech advanced and a great place to learn. Bonus can be hard to achieve. Management often changes an move fw.
Microsoft offers lot of learning opportunities as it is a very collaborative workspace with colleagues who are technically very knowledgable. The infrastructure provided is very favorable to employees.
Good place to work, good pay, they will apply green card for the employee, causal dress code, promotions are hard to come by, on-call rotations are a bit stressful
A productive work environment with all the process done in a systematic way with all the documentation and scrum meetings. Learning new things and interacting with the team is the most enjoyable part of the Job.
Talented people around and a lot to learn. You feel proud working there on things of future. A good place to work and learn everyday. You get to learn collaboration and lot of other skills from your colleagues.
Microsoft is full of opportunities and has growth mindset. Compensations is decent. Work life balance is also good it actually also depends on team your are joining.
Wow, don't ever accept an offer/job unless you actually meet or know the team you are going to go to...Got exited and moved for an exiting adventure only to be severely disappointed. Was compensated for the trouble but wasted and year because of this... Never again
Microsoft has a great work-life balance culture. They want their employees to work hard but also enjoy life outside of work. I enjoyed my time at the company
Microsoft is a matrix org. Every employee must be able and willing to adapt to changing needs that revolve around the customer, Diversity and Inclusion, and compliance. Feedback is crucial to learning in respect to both giving and receiving feedback.
very good for the ego, If the ego is not good, then much work to be done, there is. So you cant count yourself out until your in. To get in, there must be ego.