Microsoft

Microsoft Employee Reviews for Product Advisor

Microsoft is a great company to work for, especially if you are computer savvy. It has a relaxed working atmosphere and I found the associates easy to work with. Excellent job advancement opportunities. The management team was always there for you and looking out for your best interest.
Pros
Free laptop computer, free coke machine and snacks, great chance for advancement
Cons
inconsistent weekly schedule and week-end hours
Work from home, assisting customers with issues or hosting events to teach customers new ways to utilize Microsoft applications in their day to day lives.
This position was for 3d mapping of the streets and it was amazing, minus the 16 hour days, though those 16 were spent driving. The position was fun, took you to new places and provided you with a group of fun and interesting coworkers. I would take this position again if I wasn't happy with my current occupation. The only downfall was being away for 4 weeks at a time.
Pros
The Name
Cons
noting local
I have no complaints about working here and I love the environment. I honestly would recommend this job to anyone looking to start a path in technology as there is always room for growth.
not typical retail job, always learning and managers are always pushing for growth. Have quarterly reflections to review your impact and progress. regardless of work ethic they hardly ever fire unless under excruciating circumstances.
Work was something to look forward to most days. The management team worked well with all team members to gives each of us the tools needed to succeed from day one and built upon the relationships of the team members. It would have been nice to have more opportunity for advancement with only select stores having available positions which required relocation.
Pros
Lots to learn
Cons
limited advancement
I loved working with knowledgeable people, but working on your feet all day with short break and low pay was not my cup of tea. Otherwise I liked the manager and the coworker, not so much the long hours.
Great benefits and great company but there was only lateral movement through the company in terms of promotion. I had the opportunity to work for some of the best salespeople in my life and had opportunities to coach underperforming team members about the ABC's of sales
A fun place to work where you get benefits for 20+ hours a week. A non-pressure sales environment. It is more about letting the customers experience the product rather than sales
the most enjoyable part of the job is the people you work with, they make learning and growing great. From management all the way down to the smallest role you feel not only involved but inspired to do more
The workplace and company in itself was great, but there was a lot of changes happening back-to-back and the general organization was almost nonexistent. Management for my location was very accommodating, but there was a bit of favoritism and some micro-managing. The hardest part of the job was, in fact, having to keep up with all of the minimal standards that management created for its employees. That kind of took away most of the enjoyment for the job.
Very high tempo work in Oxford Circus, with a lot of fun and activities. I learnt a range of skills and developed massively in tech knowledge. A very inclusive culture and environment.
Microsoft is a great company to work for however, don’t be fooled by all the hype. I agree that it is a great opportunity to grow some skill sets but management is easy to forget us associates only work at a mall, not corporate. It is stressful to not only do your position but other roles for the same pay.
Benefits
Cons
Micro managing, no work life balance, no set schedule
Everyone for the most part was friendly to work with. Management was also pleasant. The job was what I needed at the time. I left in good standing with leadership.
The culture that was built during my time at MOA was amazing. Competitive driven environment but with a since of family workplace. Enjoyed working for this company!
Microsoft has great benefits and lots of learning opportunity. If your looking for growth and don't mind relocation this is the place for you. Flexible time off also.
The retail store is simply a foot in the door. Depending on the managers and location you can make a name for yourself but it is very difficult to advance without knowing the right people.
The management team lost direction though. There is no growth there and in order to move within he company from a retail perspective a corporate visit must occur. These visits never happened when the management team changed, causing me to look for new opportunities.
Microsoft is the best company you could work for. They don’t just go above and beyond for their customers they do also for their employees as well. They take you working for them valuable.
Very structured with a high focus on morale and customer resolutions. Ever changing due to the many technology based items and services in the industry.
Microsoft is a very good company to work for but it is VERY hard to move up to advance your career. Benefits are outstanding and culture is good. You are a team player for this company and get to work with a lot of great people.
Pros
Healthcare, long lunches, great work life balance
Cons
Almost impossible to advance your career