Microsoft

Microsoft Employee Reviews for Software Engineer

Great benefits, and really smart and motivated coworkers. Very high pressure to succeed, leading to less-than-ideal work life balance and high stress.
Pros
benefits, time off
Cons
work life balance
Good work life balanceLearn about new technologyDiversity and inclusion efforts are moreManagement care for employees.Lot of meetings take most of the time
Pros
diversity and inclusion
Cons
hard to do internal move
At Microsoft, you get to work with a lot of brilliant minds and with products that everyone has heard of. A lot of the tech stack is microsoft specific but they did a good job. Sometimes there is office politics but it's not as common to deal with engineering.
Pros
Great campus, great people, big impact, benefits
Cons
Constanlty changing vision
The work life is better balanced than in other companies but the work is boring and the management is sluggish. The payscale is low, hence, not the best place to be in.
Work life balance for an intern is nothing. Intern is expected to do work all day and also as this time the internship was WFH so we didn't get that much learning experience as compared to on-site internship.
Pros
Opportunity to work with really cool and talented people.
Cons
Hectic schedule
Microsoft is a great company to work for. Benefits and WLB is good (depending on your org). Career progression is great for my group, quite a few principal level software devs that are pretty young. Of course, this all depends on what group you work with.
I my current company I like next things: 1. friendly team. My colleagues always are open to answer my questions, and my manager is open to all my suggestions 2. good project, where I can grow and develop my skills
Pros
Good team
Cons
closed and small work space
Work life balance is good Diverse work force Top heavy management New CEO is making good changes Some old school technology still around Job security is good
Will not define, as my experience was both very positive and somewhat negative. Worked on teams that were both successful and unsuccessful. Had amazing managers and a few that were psychopaths.
The company is just too big and too important for every engineer to come up with new ideas and take risks implementing them. CHARACTER PADDING FOR MIN
1. Teams are collaborative and lot of space for personal growth. 2. Management is really worst and quite biased about team members especially if you extraordinary.
Learnt new hands on software development skills Was happy to be around intellectual people Excellent employee resources Good work life balance Encouraging management
Very interesting and often creative projects and friendly people to work with. I very much enjoyed my time at Microsoft and would highly recommend them as an employer.
My project was about to designed and implement Microsoft Knowledge Graph integrating data from all Microsoft products and services in Azure Data Lake / Cosmos environment, to provide unified views of Microsoft Customer view to support scenarios such as Personalization, Marketing campaigns, and Fraud Detection.
Day at work: Design, Coding, Meeting, Scrum Learned: Azure domain knowledge Workspace: single office, good for focus on work hardest and enjoyable: good collages, sometime work is not well planed.
A productive work environment with all the process done in a systematic way with all the documentation and scrum meetings. Learning new things and interacting with the team is the most enjoyable part of the Job.
Enjoy working with some of the great minds from best colleges across the country.Work life balance is got.Pay is little under par compared to competitors.
Microsoft is full of opportunities and has growth mindset. Compensations is decent. Work life balance is also good it actually also depends on team your are joining.
Liar Liar pants on fire. Gave the best work to other people and leave you starving for credit. Don't work for it even if they pay you a million dollars
Regret joing the company, a waste of time Low pay and unfair review, team manager treat engineer with different standard and review the work not by how much one contribute but by his personal preference
Was working as contractor SDE, got a lot of knowledge and even 10 months contract made a great impact on my future career growing. Despite on fact I was a contractor everybody treat me as part of team