MindChamps

MindChamps Employee Reviews

Singapore33 reviews
Meaningful to get to help youth learn about goals etc., friendly collaborative team to help brighten everyday work. Mentor leaders who help your personal growth.
I'm a teacher at MindChamps Preschool, and I assure you that it is progressive and adapts to any situation. I write this review during Singapore's COVID-19 lockdown period, which is one month. When i heard the fore-coming lockdown, I was most importantly worried about the Champs' education and growth, but secondly, worried about my own job - whether I would get a temporary pay-cut or even sacked! But, when MindChamps announced that they would be conducting online classes for the MindChamps Preschool students, I can't explain how relieved and excited I was! This shows me that MindChamps was prepared to this to platform and that they understood its importance.

It is special to be apart of this continually innovative school, and I'm proud to be a teacher here.
Pros
- I love the training
Cons
Long hours, BUT I love it and its really worth it!
Work environment - not fair. Too many in-house training that even took your day off therefore work-life balance is not met. 3 month notice to quit. 1 year bond as soon as you join them. Quit early? Pay money.
Pros
Food provided
Cons
3 month notice to quit and bonded for a year as soon as you start.
Handled mostly routine care for the younger age group of children.
Working with children are very fun and joyful, there is lots of job satisfaction working with them.

However, the paper work which this school required is quite tedious.
you will actually be able to interact with the kids and prepare material for the lesson and ensure everything goes smoothly. It's a place for people who loves kids
Read this before you join.

1. This school is honestly all about money. They don’t appreciate nor value you, hence, turnover rate is really high. There is a reason why they bond you. And don’t get me started in appraisals or pay increment, or your starting pay for that matter.

2. You work really long hours and they do not believe in OT or pay you if you OT. They throw a lot of things at you to do and you got to come in earlier or end later to do a task they assign you to do.

3. The benefits are okay. You get 14 days annual leave (non Early Childhood holder) and 21 days (Early Childhood holder), medical leave etc. Note that you have a probation period of 3 months, so you don’t get to enjoy these privileges during that period. If you perform poorly, your probation extends.

4. 13 month ‘bonus’ really isn’t much of a bonus.

5. Depending on which centre you’re posted to, teachers love gossiping over the smallest things and some are out to get you.

6. If you’re just in it to make your resume look nice or be able to flaunt that you’ve worked in a premium preschool, then go ahead. That’s pretty much the benefit you get when you move on to your next job.

7. The salary they put online is, to be blunt, a click bait.

Thanks for reading.
I have grown with MindChamps over the years and attained the right amount of knowledge as a teacher in this industry. MindChamps provided me with a conducive teaching and learning environment , as long as allowed me to interact well with parents of the centre in order to uphold a positive relationship with them.
Terrible management, work hours are long and they talk behind your back. They always try to talk you into doing more hours you don't want to do. They try to accommodate you, but tends to "forget" or it never happens.
I love working in Mindchamps. Their unique approach in teaching allows young preschoolers to learn in a fast yet fun way. Young children are well conditioned in learning and manners are of utmost importance.
I wish we had better work benefits such as AWS.
They call it loyalty; but they are simply deadwood with no where else to go and they are there year after year churning repetitive no brainer and yes, they get rewarded for it. So if you are a leech, join them.
High turn over. Teachers always on MC, covering vacant post. No direction and guidance. Employment contract issued by a law firm with unfavourable T&C against you.
A great place to grow your passion into career with the given opportunity to voice out and be included in the activities. Work life balance is good at the workplace.
The job is ok. However no appraisal, no increment. Benefits was ok. Both work places was conveniently located to where I lived. It gave me opportunity to look into my children's needs. My last employer was sensitive and supportive to my role as a mother.
Pros
nil
Cons
nil
I learn more on teamwork, self confidence and how to handle difficult parents. The hardest part of the job is when i just joined the company, don't know anything and yet facing difficult customers i feel lost. And the most enjoyable and satisfaction part of the job is when parents thanks me and letting me know they really appreciate my efforts and everything which i done for them.
Pros
Free lunch provided
My work at MindChamps Preschool provided me with the skills necessary to function within a well-rounded quality child care centre and in those positions I was described as having an approachable demeanor, collaborates well with others and impeccable creativity skills. Additionally, I was involved in the preparation of many events and performances by the children and worked cooperatively along with the teachers to ensure the whole event was a success. Moreover, I planned and conducted Language & Literacy lesson plans that are catered to the children’s development and educational needs and also designed a Learning Corner based around the theme of Discovery & the World for the children to interact with.
It is a fulfilling job as one gets to nurture and learn together with a group of like- minded professionals. Not only, do we teach and educate, we work alongside with different stakeholders such as families, government, or places of interest to fulfilling an enriching learning experience for the young ones.
Interacting with children, preparing snacks
Helping them get dressed and changing their diapers when needed

Assists the lead teacher in looking after children in a class

Cultural awareness and sensitivity
Pros
free lunch
Working with young learners are always engaging and spontaneous. It is important that educators put the young children's safety and well-being as top priority.
Preschool environment is very good. Space is big and enough for activities. Have training and retreat. Have a very nice principal. Enjoy teaching N1 kids.
Pros
Free lunches and
Cons
Abit stressful but manageable
It was a great place to grow professionally as teacher. However the workload is quite taxing. The annual leave package is good but not easy to have leave application approved.
Pros
21 day annual leave
Cons
Heavy workload and long hour
A typical day at work will be to manage staff / manpower in the school. Handle parents queries & new enrollment. Previous management was really good. Sold the centre to new directors who expected their children to be given special treatment. The fun element would be the wonderful & bubbly children. Difficult part of the job is handling difficult parents.
Pros
Free catered lunch for staff. 21 Days of annual leave
Cons
Centre was sold to new directors. They expect their children to be given special treatment.