Ministry of education UAE

Ministry of education UAE Employee Reviews

Singapore117 reviews
Teaching is hard work and fast-paced, but brings about much satisfaction. You need to prepare your own teaching materials and resources. Admin work can be massive too.
It was a learning journey for me. Throughout my time there, I was exposed to different work ethics and the true definition of team spirit. It was indeed an eye opener and a memorable experience.
Being a Teacher means being a leader and role model to our students. We do our best to provide students positive feedback to encourage and help them develop an appreciation for Physical Education and enjoy a lifetime of healthful physical activity. Within our department, we always work hand-in-hand to ensure all avenues of the curriculum are met and lessons are delivered smoothly to our students. Challenges we faced daily is the balancing of the different learning needs of our students. Some may struggle with picking up technical sports skills and need extra help. Some learn really well and are able to work the problems out on their own. At the end of the day, when we are committed to passing knowledge and skills to our students with passion, instilling joy of learning to our students and they do learn well; this is the greatest form of satisfaction.
very fast paced working environment and hard to achieve work life balance. Management has to depend on different schools. Alot of administrative work.
This role is a poorly designed opening by MOE especially for mid career switch personnel. This role is without opportunity for a career path and advancement due many grey areas and ambigous KPI assessment for promotion. At the same time, the AEDs were expected to fulfill the role of a teacher in schools, without the competitive benefits and remuneration package.
Pros
Holidays aligned to school terms
Cons
Poor management, KPI assessment and career prospects
Worked at the ministry of education as a call center staff (part-time job) after the completion of my Alvls. It was an enriching experience for myself tending to enquirers. The exposure to working in a government sector was vast as I had many experiences prior to the education policies.
No avenue for career advance, no appreciation , senior officer was unapproachable and worked without empathy.
Job scope was not balance. No job rotation.

Pros
Staff bonding need improvement.
Cons
Career advancement was slow.
Learn how to be more organized, and accurate because it is related to science education. Need to make sure people can understand what is explained through the motion graphic video.
Pros
Can have lunch anytime you want as long as it is one hour.
Great place to work at.meet alot of prople dag in and out. I also do alot of manpower planning and also meetings with principals and school oms quite a tiring and stressful job but i enhoyed it
Pros
transport claim
Cons
A typical day at work starts very early as we are expected to report at 7 am. Assembly starts thereafter and lessons will proceed at 7:30 am until 1:30 pm. On some days, we are required to conduct or facilitate in after school activities such as CCAs and extra lessons. I learnt how to manage my time well in class and outside of class. I also learnt to be flexible in the lesson and to alter it to the students' ability on the spot. The management needs some fine-tuning. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the amount of marking and back-end work such as planning lessons and activities that serve to engage students. The most rewarding part of the job is to observe the improvement of the students in competency through your guidance.
Pros
Work benefits such as healthcare
Cons
Long hours that may compromise work-life balance, staff culture
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Ministry of education UAE?
Pros - be able to interact and play a vital role in the upbringing of a student. The other teachers are amazing and ever supportive, they also ensured that as a relief teacher, workload assigned was not overbearing and manageable.
If you are someone who loves inspiring and making a difference with students, then look nowhere else.

However, do understand sacrifices are required. And most of the scenarios, it eats away your personal time.

Management does change from time to time, so do not always expect a perfect understanding boss, or a superior who understands your external commitments.

You have to learn to voice out in this line, and knowing which battles are worth fighting.
What matters most in this line of job is of course job satisfaction. Next will be your colleagues. If you are working for rank and not for the love of teaching, then better not go for it. Bottom line, the students are sharp enough to know who are sincere in imparting their knowledge and skills and who are not. Sadly, many teachers who have been in this career for many years, do not see much career advancement as we are perceived to be not ambitious enough although we enjoy being a teacher and love teaching subjects we are experienced in.
Pros
You add value to your students knowledge and school experience, you voluntarily staying beyond official working hours
Cons
Not paid for extra official duties after official working hours, extra duties over weekends
Worked here for more than 10 years and learnt valuable lessons and gained worthy experiences during my stint here.

I have learnt to work in teams towards a common goal to improve teaching methodology and conduct assessment for learning in classrooms.

Inquiry bases learning is something which i have also picked up and have used it extensively in my teaching for students to appreciate their learning and leading them to be independent learners.
Stable job! Work life balance. We get to enjoy the school holidays as well. Work culture is awesome because I am blessed to be in this school. Overall very satisfied.
Pros
Great and caring staff
Cons
Rigid
On the job training is provided. Multitasking environment. Should be able to handle deadline and meticulous. Need to put in extra hours at work in order to meet deadline.Should be able to adapt to changes and cope with new initiatives. Training and courses are provided for continues learning and progress.
Just a normal daily admin work, do not learn much. But Principle and Teachers are very friendly and helpful. Will be very relax during school holidays.
Pros
Short working hours
Cons
No prospect
Salary and benefits are good. Many opportunities/tracks available for career advancement.

Work-life balance would depend on the school you are posted to. Management style, and most importantly your RO makes a big difference as to whether your passion can see you through.
Pros
Advancement, salary, benefits
Cons
Work comes home with you and stays for the weekend if you dont make a concerted effort to limit it.
Started off as Technical Support Officer.
Learnt about Audio Visual and operating them.

Support in all the events .

Accompany contractors for their service works.
Good work place environment and culture. Staff are all educated people and able to respect each other. However, teaching staff and students are treated better than Admin and operations staff. (Sic)
Pros
No comment
Cons
Neutral
The training provided by the ministry was very detailed and very intensive. Courses conducted were intense and really focused on growing and achieving the educational needs of the children.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ministry of education UAE. Our community is ready to answer.