Ministry of education UAE

Ministry of education UAE Management reviews

Singapore117 reviews
very fast paced working environment and hard to achieve work life balance. Management has to depend on different schools. Alot of administrative work.
This role is a poorly designed opening by MOE especially for mid career switch personnel. This role is without opportunity for a career path and advancement due many grey areas and ambigous KPI assessment for promotion. At the same time, the AEDs were expected to fulfill the role of a teacher in schools, without the competitive benefits and remuneration package.
Pros
Holidays aligned to school terms
Cons
Poor management, KPI assessment and career prospects
A typical day at work starts very early as we are expected to report at 7 am. Assembly starts thereafter and lessons will proceed at 7:30 am until 1:30 pm. On some days, we are required to conduct or facilitate in after school activities such as CCAs and extra lessons. I learnt how to manage my time well in class and outside of class. I also learnt to be flexible in the lesson and to alter it to the students' ability on the spot. The management needs some fine-tuning. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the amount of marking and back-end work such as planning lessons and activities that serve to engage students. The most rewarding part of the job is to observe the improvement of the students in competency through your guidance.
Pros
Work benefits such as healthcare
Cons
Long hours that may compromise work-life balance, staff culture
If you are someone who loves inspiring and making a difference with students, then look nowhere else.

However, do understand sacrifices are required. And most of the scenarios, it eats away your personal time.

Management does change from time to time, so do not always expect a perfect understanding boss, or a superior who understands your external commitments.

You have to learn to voice out in this line, and knowing which battles are worth fighting.
Salary and benefits are good. Many opportunities/tracks available for career advancement.

Work-life balance would depend on the school you are posted to.
Management style, and most importantly your RO makes a big difference as to whether your passion can see you through.
Pros
Advancement, salary, benefits
Cons
Work comes home with you and stays for the weekend if you dont make a concerted effort to limit it.
Being a teachers in Singapore can drive you crazy with the workload, marking,admin,attending to parents attitude and students unappreciative,low salary for diploma holders,politics in managements Principal VPs and HODs can easily degrade the Teachers, colleagues backstabbing, holidays is actually less than expected need to go back to school for admin work,Security officers Operation Managers and AM easy job do nothing never respect the Teachers, Admins Staffs IT staffs Technical Staffs ETC all big head no respect towards the Teachers, Teachers were like nanny in Singapore even the Goverment do not care about Teachers sacrifises to the extend of charge the Teachers for parking their vehicles in school compound...a lot more to write the Cons
Pros
Treated as nanny
Cons
Lousy Benefits to the extend need to pay parking fees
A typical at work for any teacher is always hectic. There are many lessons each day and when one is not teaching, time will be spent on lesson preparation, events planning, meetings etc.

The school and the ministry on a whole is always on the lookout for teachers.
The management understands the hardships faced by teachers, for they are teachers themselves, and so we speak a common language.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the reciprocation one gets from students and also the sense of accomplishment in seeing them grow.
Pros
School holidays
Cons
Irregular meal times
Hectic day at work, not much time to drink water and eat proper meal
learnt to be cautious of colleagues as a lot of politics/backstabbing

management likes to listen to those in their circle, usually the HODs
workplace culture can be toxic and not nurturing
hardest part of job is marking so many papers and not enough rest

enjoyable part of the job is when you have holidays and students actually appreciate your teaching and effort
1) There are many things to learn.

2) The school management is good.

3) The hardest part of the job is having lots of administrative work besides teaching.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Ministry of education UAE?
A typical day at work includes attending to assigned classes and helping the Teacher in-charge, who is absent, to conduct lessons.

I have learnt effective classroom management.

The hardest part of the job is the difficulty to control the entire class and attend to needs of various students (eg, those with attention-deficit disorder)

The most rewarding part of this job is being able to complete the tasks assigned by the Teacher in-charge and ensure students are involved in active learning.
Pros
Short working hours
Cons
Ad hoc basis
As a customer service executive at MOE, I was able to meet different people daily and learnt a lot of new things.

The colleagues were extremely helpful in providing guidance and assistance during my stay.
Pros
Need to attend meetings after work
Cons
Stability job
I will usually report at 7am, before morning assembly starts in school. I'll settle down and prepare whatever materials I will need for the day. After morning assembly is over, I'll go for all my lessons and do my lesson preparations for subsequent lessons, and head home if there are no additional after school activities.
I learned a lot about time management and how to deal with different students. Meeting a diverse range of people with different attitudes and learning abilities helped me to be more empathetic and personal, because rapport is of the essence. Flexibility is also another thing that I learnt, because the class may not react the way I anticipate, but I cannot compromise on the students' learning just to go according to my plan.
In general, the other teachers are extremely warm and supportive, allowing me to sit in their lessons to learn more, and give a lot of constructive feedback when they sit in mine. I enjoy the environment because everyone has one focus in mind, and that is our students. With this common ground, everyone is on the same page and is more than willing to help each other out with lesson.

I would say the hardest part of the job is learning how to bring your character into the lesson, so that students will not see you as a distant character, but a relatable human being. Being among the students, both inside and outside a lesson is the most enjoyable part for me.
Bean counting environment. Lack of trust and empowerment of its teachers. Cookie cutter environment for students and teachers. Terrible leadership. Top fellows live in ivory tower and have no idea what's actually happening in the schools and the 21st market place.
Pros
nothing
Cons
too many cons to list
- Each day is a new challenge as a trainer.
- Learned to handle different situation and interpersonality skills

- Good understanding of the management policy and adapt to the system rapidly.
- Be prepared for changes in workflow and departmental restructuring

- Getting positive responses from learners
Pros
Big organisation
Cons
typical day in day out ,liaise with teachers and students.
Learned to deal with parents and students.

good management
Having good colleagues.
No hardest part for the job.

School organised event for staff and staff having fun.
involved in classroom management, mentoring, school events, department and committee work. mostly, working in groups or project teams and the most enjoyable part of my job is nurturing young minds.
I was working and studying at the same time, so this was a great role for me at that time. Management was understanding and flexible with my school schedules.
Communication is a vital aspect of an educator, as a student needs to feel understood before they can open up or listen to you. My time from being a Relief Teacher at an all-boys school has definitely strengthened my patience and tolerance levels to an all time high. A typical day at school consists of myself executing the detailed lesson plans for different subjects, focusing on the learning, growth and development of the students under my care. Establishing social communication skills with special needs students is also part of my classroom management duties. The hardest part of this job was to make sure every one of the students are understood and cared for genuinely. However, the most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with children, and realising how every one of us has different communicating skills - which we should acknowledge and thus apply in our everyday lives to minimise misunderstanding amongst people.
Pros
Build strong patience and tolerance levels
I like to teach, but i don't like the red tape and requirements of being a teacher under MOE. Meeting KPIs are more important than nurturing students. Everything that matters to the management needs to have measurable outcomes.

It's not easy to find balance between being a nurturing teacher and one who is efficient at meeting KPIs. Many teachers fall into the dark side and become unapproachable / unpopular with students, for the sake of their career advancement.

It was still a good experience for me to have met many students and i still keep in contact with them after i left the profession. Some need guidance in their journey toward adulthood and the working world.
Pros
High starting salary, allowance
Cons
Stressful classroom situations, long hours for lesson preparation, red tape, KPIs
Difficult to manage a class of forty students when some are slower than the others. Hence classroom management was my biggest challenge.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Classroom management
A very energetic position that demands commitment and dedication. You will learn to multi-task and communicate with people from all levels; students, colleagues, management, parents, VIPs. The greatest challenge is to balance expectations of stakeholders and operational feasibility of missions and objectives.
You will enjoy the interaction with students and fellow colleagues.
Pros
Dynamic and nurturing environment, exposure to different aspects of education and project planning