Ministry of Education logo

Ministry of Education Employee Reviews for Classroom Teacher

Classroom Teacher14 reviews

Found 14 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,101 reviews

Exciting Workplace

Working for the Ministry of Education is very exciting as it keeps my brain and mind very active. As a classroom teacher I have to develop lesson plans that caters for all the students in my class, with the different learning styles and abilities.

Pros

Get to impart knowledge and change lives in a very positive way

Cons

Indiscipline among students

Great place to have a secure job.

Long term job with great vacations. Once you are finished training you are placed near where you live and work there towards advancement of your career.

Its a good company to work with

The Ministry of Education is a good company to work with. The welfare of teacher is fairly take into consideration, the security is poor, literally anyone can walk in and hurt teachers and students.

Pros

Time alloted for vacation eg.

Cons

Poor healtcare benefits for workers

Working with this company can be both rewarding and stressful

Working with this company has its ups and downs. One has to be on Target at all times with the many pressure from parents, students and administration

Productive Work environment

Supportive Staff and conducive work environment, which teaches you great work ethics which can be employed in my everyday life and within any work environment.

Impact is great and skills sets dynamic and ongoing

Very organised organisation that provides ongoing training and assessment of skills. Management is effective with a professional workplace culture which enables self development.

Pros

Children's matriculation

Cons

Extensive lesson planning

Inspiring and productive place to work at where the chance is given to mold young lives entrusted in our care. While on the job you learn that that students learn differently and at various pace. Age does not depict the level of learning as there are fast and slow learners. Management is easy as respect is shown when it given. This is shown among students and coworkers. Coworkers are easy to get along with most times and since we can relate to each others classroom situation we are able to share ideas. The job can be very challenging when resources become limit and parents not giving the needed support by providing the materials and tools that are needed for learning. Sometimes the challenges lies with the ministry itself where space, the building and furniture is limited. But at the end of each day seeing the students learning and excelling is the most joyous thing ever.

The atmosphere at my workplace was a peaceful one with persons working tirelessly to try to get students to learn.

I was entrusted with the task of trying to teach students topics from the curriculum and trying to teach them to be fair to each other on a daily basis. I learned to be patient because not every child learns the same way and not everyone comes with the proper foundations to build on. One of the hardest part of the job is having a plethora of topics that MUST be taught by a certain deadline because the students MUST sit national standardized tests. It is always a pleasure when students start to understand or gain full understanding of topics that I taught to them.

Pros

Having the opportunity to help shape a youngster's life.

Cons

Overcrowded classrooms and heavy curriculum.

Productive working environment

A sociable environment which focuses on students learning, and cooperation among all level of workers. The greatest challenge is not being able to address some social issues facing the pupils under my charge. My moment of triumph is being able to connect with a student showing weakness in any content area but is willing to rise above those weaknesses

Pros

Reliable management

Cons

Short breaks

noble institution with high academic expectation

Environment clean with friendly co-workers, so we would share experiences with each other. Too many children in one area so they get restless at times, the hardest part. I enjoy children in action concerts showcasing their talents. Principal a democratic leader.

Pros

certain stationerys

Hard work and team player

I take whatsoever job I am doing seriously. Each day at work I know I will expect something new because I am working with children. My typical day begins with devotion then the contact hours begins (teaching and leaning). One thing I have learnt when dealing with children is that you must be patient,lenient and at the same time be firm which sometimes is difficult to do but as a teacher you have master such ability. My co-workers are the best people in the entire world. They can identify when something is wrong and are able to provide strong support. They are easy to get along with, kind, humorous but hard working. I think the most difficult part of the job is to get the children ready for learning and for them to work with each other. Yes, I know they are from different background and cultured differently so I have to be able to find strategies to improve cooperation. The best part of the job is when the students are learning what you are teaching and to see them transfer what they have learnt in one subject area to another.

Fun and productive

The day can be very tiring but when you enjoy what ever you are doing you do not feel tired. I have learned to manage my time, I have learn to deal with conflict among the children and I also learn how to get along with my coworkers.My co worker are very helpful and motivating. the hardest part of my job is to tidy up the classroom in the evening such as sweeping and fixing the desk and chairs. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I teach a lesson and all my students are in to it or when I give a test and the results are very good, especially for a child that is working below his/her level... wow its a great pleasure when I see that child get a B.

Great working experience

same as Harrington Sound Pr. School. learned new skills and fun loving environment.

Educate Students

Classroom teacher, facilitating learning, writing lesson plan. Creating an environment conducive to learning.