Ministry of Education logo

Ministry of Education Employee Reviews for Executive Assistant

Executive Assistant4 reviews

Found 4 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,101 reviews

Good environment

A day in the office is quite hectic as one has to deal with all kinds of clients, it is a public office.I have learnt to be patient and tolerant, not all people are the same and that what I may find easy to understand; the next person may be totally confused!My co-workers are very supportive and we work as a team. We are a District Office comprising 18 staff members. we are like family.What makes the job difficult is the protocol and lines of communication which make decisions quite slow. I am very innovative and I enjoy coming up with new ideas. They are not easy to implement, nomatter how good because Ministry regulations are not easily changed.The best part of my job is socialising and working with people. I work in a public office which allows me to interact with different people.

Pros

good working hours

Cons

low remuneration

I’m positive

I hope the job to give me a good professional and personal life, improve my communication skill & demonstrate a high level of motivation to succeed in my career life.

Great Place to Work

Great place to work while raising a family. great place for upward mobility . Managers are helpful working environment great . employees are recognized and rewarded for there work

Pros

good healtcare package

Cons

can inprove on salary

Multifaceted/Dynamic Organization

A typical day at work involves, orgnaizing the work area and organizing my work schedule by prioritizing my most important tasks first. I am required to handle telephone calls, attend to internal and external customers. Handle queries directed to my desk and assist in the overall efficiency of the office. I prepare various business documents, organize and maintain an efficient filing sytem. I also organize meeting room and take notes at meetings and prepare minutes for circulation. I am a detail-oriented people person and work well with all peers. I am involved in monthly staff socials which is the most enjoyable aspect of the job. Here, one can pause for a moment, interact with other staff members and get to understand another part of their personality. I find no part of my job hard, as I enjoy every aspect of administration.

Pros

Healthcare, staff socials, Lunch allowance

Cons

Travel allowance