Ministry of Education logo

Work-Life Balance
Salary & Benefits

Found 256 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,099 reviews

good work experience

no matter how good you are at something, just know there is someone who can do it better than you. always be kin to learn more and accept challenges. also learned to apply my peace leadership and conflict transformation

competitive

my job at the Ministry of Education was very fast paced and competitive. It provided an avenue for career advancement however, and helped me to focus.

Fue buena al comienzo del.empleo

Fue bueno, mas sin embargo debido a situaciones personales no pude continuar por mi seguridad personal

an organisation which is prosperous lovely culture which is dynamic

I worked at the mine for two years . I had a very profound relationship with my colleagues and management. There was a retrenchment in which most of us were left jobless due to economic hardships and politics.

Pros

free accomodation, lunches

Cons

long hours, strict safety standards to be adhered to

Productive Environment

The work days varied because you go to several schools within a week. Depending on your personality it can become lonely as you work by yourself at various schools and only visit the office once per month for meetings.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

No teacher holiday

A typical day at work

My work week /day began on a monday morning at 8 am and ended at 5 pm ,Ideally i began teaching at 8:30,mathematics ,first session ,45 minutes then social studies for another 45 minutes.Language Usage would be next ,inclusive of spelling and vocabulary drills,for another 45 minutes.Breaktime is at 10:15 to 10:45.

Pros

free lunches for needy students

Cons

specials classes for students improvement

Carrier change

I do not mind working long hours, I am attentive to details and I can stay focused. I just want a career change because proofreading and translation is what I am really good at.

Pros

interesting

No fun

working with Ministry of education was my first job and i learned a lot from my supervisor, miss management and miss communication were made me to leave the job

Pros

No free lunch

Cons

no healthcare

A typical day at work

Reaching to work an hour ahead of time to finish off work left from the day before. The telephone rings, no one knows am here already. Answered and there is a parent asking me if school is today. Yes sir i said did you hear something different. My child say the teacher say no school today. Sir no news letter was send home to that fact. You sure miss? Yes sir am sure. Ten minutes later, phones rings. Could you tell the principal that am not coming in today not feeling well, my head hurts, my throat aches. i didn't sleep good last night. If I don't feel better today. I will go to the doctor tomorrow. Okay, why don't you go today instead. i replied. No, i will try some home remedies first. Ok then. By now the Support Staffs reaches. How you doing? Why you here so early? You watch the news? You saw that man who kill his wife? How the boys? They okay? After dealing with all the interruption its 8am and the children have come in to purchase pencils. There's a reason you suppose to reach work an half an hour before your time but sometimes, well.

Pros

Half days during the Christmas and summer breaks

Cons

promotions takes long to occur.

Balanced workplace

A balanced workplace where a typical working day is funny. The working atmosphere is at times exciting and hilarious. However the majority of days are marked with boredom as there are no prospects for career advancement.

Very productive fun place to work at.

A typical day at work - very busy environment, work very interesting, never a dull moment. What I learned at the Ministry of Education - besides my role and responsibilities with the children of New Zealand, Everybody, regardless of what level you were/are in, matters. Workplace culture - very diverse organization. The hardest part of my job - was learning my job in the beginning. The most enjoyable part of the job - Every part was enjoyable, especially working with an amazing team.

Teaching

You teach 4 hours a day for 4 days a week. The local's were all very nice and accommodating. You get long vacations in addition to being able to ask off more time if you so choose.

Pros

Short work days

love my job

i believe if any one love what he doing for leaving he will do the best all the time me i love computer and our career will need from us keep looking for the best and easy futsher for every one all over the world

review

teaching is a noble act of a person, which gathers between desk job and dealing with people ( teenagers ), nothing is difficult as long as you like your job and the most fun part is you will learn life so quickly in school

Moderate working condition

Good working environment, but it needs person with big heart because there is no motivation for workers With little remuneration. I didn't enjoy my working at the ministry of education although I really appreciate the little I got because its better than nothing.

The working culture in the ministry of Education in Zambia

Typically, it's all about doing the same things day in and day out. No new things are learnt The management top team lucks good experience. The working culture is very bad. The hardest time is when my subordinate turned down my instructions and opted to start reporting to my superior and my supervisor saw nothing wrong in it. This was so because my superior has been accused of having intimate friendship with my subordinate. The most exciting moment was when I was recognized as the most experienced.

Pros

Lunch is not provided

Cons

There is always a short break of 15 minutes

productive and fun work place

I had been working in a productive work place created through socialising with my jobmates, respecting and collaborating with my leaders at work thus making working environment conducuve toward the required productivity.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

very good workplace it has so many kinds of fun like football,baskitball,tvs.

I spent more than 30 year in an excellent education environment and a very good and flexible system .Everyone knows what to do. The students are from different cultures but there is no problems.

Pros

no free lunch

Cons

reasonable time

work environment is very quite

It's very ethic and you have to be moving fast to process the information. The hardest part is making sure no mistakes were made with the result of the student grades.

Pros

salary benefits

productive

A marvellous work environment ... An excellent place for developing your career ........ A good Salary...... You feel yourself at home........

Pros

team work

Good place for whom used to work in government job

I didn't learn too much as I'm not specialized in education field But it is nice place to work to have Work Life Balance as the working hours less than the private sector.
  • Ministry of Education