Ministry of Education logo

Ministry of Education Employee Reviews in Jamaica, IA

Jamaica, IA8 reviews

Found 8 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,101 reviews

This ministry oversees education

The Ministry of education is responsible for the development of policies relating to the different levels on education in the country .It is headed by politically person

Its a good company to work with

The Ministry of Education is a good company to work with. The welfare of teacher is fairly take into consideration, the security is poor, literally anyone can walk in and hurt teachers and students.

Pros

Time alloted for vacation eg.

Cons

Poor healtcare benefits for workers

Productive and Informative

Quiet environment lots of information to be gained, learn things about the education ministry i never knew, the job was easy, even though the information was a lot. overall it is a wonderful place to work.

Productive Work environment

Supportive Staff and conducive work environment, which teaches you great work ethics which can be employed in my everyday life and within any work environment.

Dynamic and challenging to the goal oriented.

Required exceptional communication skills,tact and professionalism. learnt the art of diplomacy at its highest level. Keep it professional at all times Grief counselling with children with a dead parent. Making clients laugh/feeling hopeful.

Pros

in-service training, health care, overtime, coffee / lunch breaks.

Cons

limited equipment, poor communication

average workplace

The days were always full of uncertainties. There were usually unrealistic demands. Coworkers were usually too busy to share best practices. it was always hard to meet targets without adequate resources

Great and exciting place to work

Working with kids has been my dream, and with the staff members at this institution it was a real journey. We laughed, we cry but we all got along. It was so much fun and our Supervisor (Head of the board) was so supportive in all we did. The hardest part of the job for me was the beginning of each school year when we have the first time students, mostly 3 yrs old (some screaming at the top of their lungs) for their mom and dad, but we always get them smiling with our many toys an kids programs. The most enjoyable part of the job is the sense of accomplishment I got when students grasp what is being taught.They get a look on their face that shows they are amazed at what they're learning, that made my day. I have learnt so much from those kids it was amazing. Kids are so innocent and when you are having one on one time they really open up to you and you realize how uniquely different each child is.

Pros

pay was good, amazing staff, spacious classroom

Cons

unco-operative parents, little resources to work with

Productive and challenge environment.

Hard working , team player and easy to get along with. I work from 1996 to 2008 with Ministry of Education in various postion, accounting, personnel, record, and management. It a Government office the relationship was super with staff and visitors. 2008 to 2012 I work as Human Resource Manager, ensure the worker were appointed, paid the correct salary, pension document submitted to the relevant authorities, recruitment , promotion of staff. I enjoy looking after the benefits for my staff and keep a breast of the incremental dates, retirement,birthdays and retirement dates.

Pros

Free lunch

• Ministry of Education