Ministry of Education

Ministry of Education Employee Reviews in Westmoreland, TN

highly productive environment with the opportunity of career advancement. team spirit and hard work is encouraged is fostered. a definite drive for educational upliftment is advised.
Cons
little or no required teaching aid materials
Motivating, learning and rewarding experience. Exciting, team player yet competitive working environment fostering learning and development of the well rounded child.
Teaching is for those who have a love and passion for the advancement of their students and by larger extent the wider society. There are teachers who go beyond the call of duty for their students.
Pros
Free lunches and trips
Cons
lack of access to certain types of equipment
On a typical day at work my priority is to ensure that all my students participate in various class activities. Being aware that my students learn at different pace I create equal opportunities for all. At the end of the day everyone learns something new and can talk about it. I have learnt that teaching is not about me or what I know but undoubtedly about the students. Its about what they know, want to know and what they learn. It doesn't matter how much I know, if the students are not interested its a difficult and uphill task. Therefore I have to find creative ways to impart knowledge and skills to gain their interest. Its a two way street where my students and interact, I get to know them and they get to know me so teaching and learning is become easier and more fun In terms of management as it relates to my class, I would say there are times when students are very disruptive, lackadaisical and of course disobedient. We have systems in place where they are disciplined and parents are called in. They generally give their support to teachers knowing children tend to want to have their own way. My co workers and I have great relationship. We all know that teaching is not an easy task therefore we support each other even when we do not agree on certain issues. Sometimes at the end of the day we praise ourselves about how great our profession is or how great we are as teachers having to deal with an average of thirty five (35) unique beings everyday. The hardest part of teaching is not having the resources at hand when really need them. Thus I have to improvise - more...