Ministry of Education

Ministry of Education Employee Reviews for Administrative Assistant

My time at this job location was very educational and I learned many new skills. My boss was very helpful in training me to be a good employee and I had many opportunities to advance.
awesome teamwork and really nice workplace culture. The hourly pay is cool and also pay overtime. Get to meet different people and learn difference culture.
The work place is very environmental friendly. this job is located in Jamaica. i have been working with this company for quite some times know. and the overall environment is very casual.
Pros
lunches on time
Cons
I enjoy working with doing administrative job on different level; we work together as team, to meet weekly and monthly deadline, I called school to check the literacy level for students, I mark exam for Gsat and inputed data.
Pros
An hour break, you can order lunch.
Cons
Overtime sometime
A typical day at work included: management of employees clerical duties prioritize issues from the school to deliver to the departments update databases
A typical day involved checking Director's calendar, preparing for meetings, making travel and/or meeting arrangements, handling correspondence, processing Ministerial correspondence, checking and ordering supplies, answering telephone enquiries and directing to correct individual, opening/closing files and maintaining file system. I learned a lot about the BC K-12 educational system and the distance/on-line learning programs. The workplace culture was very good with an emphasis on work/home balance. The most enjoyable parts of the job were the people I worked with and assisting clients by answering their questions or directing them to appropriate person or department.
Pros
Good working environment with ability to advance
Cons
Tight deadlines at times
Fun workplace! Some days would be extremely busy and other days less busy but good workplace culture. I felt appreciated. Would recommend anyone to work here!
Ministry of Education is generally a great place to work at the entry level. There a numerous resources which help mold a young individual to be prepared for the world of work.
I like working in this company but still looking for advance working with good qualities of infrastructure which will equip me in working knowledge and IT.
Pros
little knowledge and work
Cons
no training and workshops
It's a great achievement to be the part of the educational system of a nation. It helped me to improve the level of integrity since always had thoughts of new generation integration.
Pros
Free food, accommodation and transport
Cons
moderate working hrs.
Very dynamic organization, offering a spectrum of opportunities to learn and advance.
Pros
friendly work environment and family oriented
Cons
too bureaucratic at times.