Ministry of Education logo

Ministry of Education Employee Reviews for Assistant

Work-Life Balance

Found 17 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,099 reviews

Experienced field of work

I have worked with the Ministry of Education in Guyana for 6 years and not in Canada. I am currently attending Humber College pursuing my career in Law Clerk.

Dealing with kids in preschool

Dealing with kids in preschool and do the paperwork. Deal with parents and kids. Teaching the kids. Preparing the lesson plan. Help the preschool teacher in daily basis.

Productive in education advancement

Working is routine and lacks dynamic challenges. Career moves on a horizontal plane as the apex of one's ability and capability is not fully realised.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Dental care

Auxiliar Program

The Auxiliar prgoram for the community of Madrid was a waste of public resources. Our presence in the classrooms did little to improve our students English.

Productive work place with friendly staff

I am a teacher for 12 years , and has found the love imparting knowledge.i have learnt to work with children of varied ability which is indeed a great experience

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

educative and value addition to learners

flexible working hours with a lot of supervision. The school is multi-racial thereby bringing challenges of integration. Working with Children is the most enjoyable part although the remuneration is not commensurate with the workload. However there are opportunities for further training through workshops.

Pros

free lunch and fuel

Cons

non monetary incentives.

Unorganized

Working as an auxiliar is extremely unorganized, and the program is not well laid out. Pay is high for hours worked. Students are usually engaged. No job growth.

Educational and active

It would be impossible to define a typical day at work because every day we had to face new challenges. That's why I had the chance to learn a lot. Working for the Ministry of Education made me feel so bounded to my job and I always had to give 100% of myself. I learnt to react correctly to new events every day, I prepared speeches for the Minister sometimes in a really short period of time. I really enjoy working so I had a great time at this office.

Pros

Learnt a lot, got to meet important politicians

Cons

Tiring, stressing

Filling. Creation of Policy files Creation of new files. Classification of policy files Training new staff Education Based sector Govt department

Pros

Free Lunch

Ministry of Education, Spain

Great organization to work. Good program for recent graduates looking to live and teach abroad. Poorly managed throughout individual school around Madrid.

increadible

a typical day at work was really fun, working and hanging out with friends at lunch time, i've learned a lot of things like making new friends and more.

Pros

a lot of jobs

Cons

nothing

Spanish department of education

Good position if you want to spend time in Spain experiencing the culture. Experience may depend on where you are placed.

Overall for those finishing university

Working at the Spanish Ministry of Education as an "Auxiliar" was a great experience. In Madrid, you work about 16hrs per week and start to make a good connection with other co-workers and other auxiliares. Unfortunately there isn't much challenge once you get used to your routine and some teachers do not know how to use auxiliares in their classrooms.

Pros

Fun Job, kids are usually great, learn another language

Cons

Too easy, no performance reviews, difficulties communicating with head office

productive

i was on attachment when i was working there i managed to gain a lot of experience while i was working there. especially because it was the field i had trained for. i was working without an allowance or wage

Pros

free lunches

same as above

same as the previous review of the Ministry of Education (Spain).

Engaging Work Environment

A typical day included about 4 to 7 hours of class including prep time. I arrived at my high school ready to give lessons to students goes 12 to 17, and ages 4 to 9 for private lessons outside of school. I leaned how to manage a classroom with students who were eager to learn and some who had no desire to learn anything which proved to be difficult at times, but with time, it became more manageable. I reported to my bilingual coordinator and the teachers of the various subjects in the bilingual program. We coordinated individual class as well as lessons that overlapped multiple subjects. My coworkers consisted of biology, history, English, physical education, and music teachers. I worked with them to create activities and also help to improve their understanding of English. The most difficult part of my job as an Auxiliary was having to motivate students every day; while most activities targeted oral communication, not all of there were "fun", which would not motivate students to participate. The most enjoyable part of being Auxiliary is the opportunity to experience life, its intricacies, while in another country. I have the invaluable knowledge of how education works, both as a former student in the USA and as an educator in Spain. Everyday is a mini adventure. Everyday is another lesson.

Pros

Full immersion in a foreign language

Cons

minimal hours

La Junta de Castilla y Leon

I have enjoyed my time working here. I got a chance to do something I have always wanted. I wanted to be a teacher assistant in Spain. I enjoy working with kids daily.I have learned many things about myself and what it's like to live in a foreign country.