Ministry of Education

Ministry of Education Employee Reviews for Department Head

I enjoyed working at MOE. I was given ample opportunties to shine and rise through the various portfolios and ranks. I was also groomed as a leader to oversee numerous projects and manage staff.
a conducive work environment with good working hours, equitable pay, professional management. Fair performance appraisal and employee recognition. Chances for promotion and long holidays to recharge energies.
Pros
Professional environment
Cons
Low salaries
Good company with a conducive working environment. The management is good though need to improve on footwear at the palace of work as many workers are subjected to illnesses.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Hard work with minimum or low quality work wear
A day at work is characterised by a hive of events ranging from planning,lesson attendance, marking books , recording and supervising teachers. Over the years I have learnt to be on point with my work. Knowing my Job description and requirements have helped me to strive to being on point. The management is not liberal they basically get policies, handing orders and making sure policies are followed religiously. Lack of consultations have however created a culture of passive resistance as well as de motivation amongst workers . The hardest part of the job is being given ultimatums on new events which no one is consulted on. Not that change is unnecessary but just that it has to be done in consultations with the stakeholders . The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing learners pass . It is the ultimate goal so if it is achieved it gives a sense of accomplishment
Pros
holidays
Cons
handling changes with little or no resorces.
Typically, it's all about doing the same things day in and day out. No new things are learnt The management top team lucks good experience. The working culture is very bad. The hardest time is when my subordinate turned down my instructions and opted to start reporting to my superior and my supervisor saw nothing wrong in it. This was so because my superior has been accused of having intimate friendship with my subordinate. The most exciting moment was when I was recognized as the most experienced.
Pros
Lunch is not provided
Cons
There is always a short break of 15 minutes
The day's work is always fun as we tend to meet with different challenges and diversity amongst the students.I learnt to socialise and to be involved in team work .The management is quite effective .
Pros
Sometimes we get free lunches
Cons
Hot seating
Productive workplace 8-10 hours work daily I learned every thing about curriculum designing , education management , supervising , implementing ,evaluating all educational process ,making bank test for baccalaureate certifications.authoring school books.....etc.... My co workers :all engineers and co.engineers from all schools and institutes . The hardest part of the job is: office work /mental work . The most enjoyable part of the job is :producing lessons plan . producing schools books.making test bank ,training courses , teaching new curriculum , developing occupations as labor market needs.
Pros
transportation
Cons
Pleasant work environment. It s a rewarding experience to see the students mature into young men and women.
Supervising teching staff, planning and teaching geography lessons; Have learnt to work as a team; manages a number of teaching staff in my department of social sciences; I do know most of my co-workers' individual strengths and weakness - and so do use this knowledge to get the best out of each member; challenging dealing with colleaguesof similar intellectual abilities; and at the same time do enjoy utmostly, when my subordinates comply and enjoy their work.
A typical working day, starts with the collection of keys from the safe location, unsecure the computer labs, supervise teaching staff and also conduct lessons done in a state of the art laboratory. The co-workers are so cooperative and have team spirit Hardest part of the job, is having to improvise and working with limited resources. most enjoyable part is interacting with technology, including the Internet on a daily basis
Pros
Good experience, prospects of career development are high
Cons
Low salary levels
We are presently challenged with discipline in high schools numbering 800 to 1000 students. This frequently interferes with instructional time. Unfortunately, a few bad apples tend to distract from the needs of the majority who are really good kids. These students come from middle income to lower socioeconomic backgrounds and the lack of support and proper modeling of correct behavior from parents severely impacts their desire to succeed. However, many do achieve success in spite of the odds. The co-workers are hard working and friendly. We basically get along well and do our job. The hardest part is seeking to implement change, especially with regards reading instruction for failing students. My most enjoyable time is the time I spend in the classroom with my students, who for the most part, are keenly interested and motivated to learn Spanish.
Pros
availability of technology in the classroom to enhance learning.
Cons
having to produce records and documents twice: manually and on-line., it is necessary but time-consuming since our system is not fully automated.