Ministry of Education

Ministry of Education Employee Reviews for Education Officer

The days are always packed with activities! Time seems to zip by when there because you are so busy.
A typical day at work includes meeting with stakeholders of the education systems. This group may include parents, board members, school principals, assistant principals, political directorate, community members etc. Once employed with the MoEY&I you will learn time management and develop strategies as to how to deal with difficult staff members. Management skill are sharpened since you must take responsibility for your performance. Workplace culture is important in that it can either break you or make you as an employee. A positive workplace culture will enhance performance, improve creativity and improve working relationships. The most difficult part of the job is treating with the challenges that are presented based on the nature and available resources to do so. Being a support officer my most enjoyable aspect of the job is practicing altruism at all times. Lending a hand and holding a hand giving hope to someone.
It's very comfortable and inspiring. It gives me the opportunity to practicallize what I studied in the university and also widen my knowledge on students and teachers managements in various educational levels.
Pros
Cons
Average
It is a government office. I often met higher officers during meetings and conferences. I was able to communicate in an official manner. It gave me an outstanding experience.
Pros
Free lunches, incentives, free stationaries
Cons
Hard to take leave
Excellent working hours. Great team. Needs to have more laws regarding students discipline and behaviour at school. Need to encourage parent -teacher interaction.
I enjoyed the many challenges and opportunities for managing and mentoring staff. As well liaising with the MO and school boards was interesting and rewarding.
Pros
Exciting and interesting challenges.
Cons
As a ministry of education/teacher, I used to teach 11th and 12th grade in High School. My day consisted of teaching major subjects to students and was quite enjoyable. There was probably nothing hard about this job. The most enjoyable was helping students learn.
It is a place where you get to meet people from diverse bacground; some willing to work, while others are not. It is a place where there is always some form of workshop that is gear towards improving the system. But the most challenging part is when it comes to the process of recruiting qualify staff and ensuring that they are place on the payroll after the probational period. At the Ministry, some of the co-workers are supportive and effective in performing their assigned roles, while others are reluctant because of the low compensation received. But in the midst of it all, I have learned that challenges are meant to make me sstrong and to push me forward.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Ministry of Education?