Ministry of Education

Ministry of Education Employee Reviews for Elementary School Teacher

good benefits and pay. But demands are increasing and unreasonable. During the pandemic you are required to risk your life or lose your job. You are also expected to use approx 10% of your salary on resources.
Pros
paid sick leave and health insurance
Cons
Unreasonable demands
It was good to work in that ministry since they tried very hard to make sure we had all the resources to produce good results. It was a good experience working in the ministry because they put the child first.
Currently working in Zimbabwe. I do not have any information with regards to the Ministry of Education in the United States of America. Therefore I currently hold have no review.
During my duties as a teacher of an educational center, I was able to expand my knowledge intellectually, socially and culturally through various experiences with my work colleagues. although we had an administration that only veiled its inner circle, leaving us on occasion without any support
I enjoy interacting with the students and spending as much time teaching and sharing stories with the students. The teachers all have a good relationship with me and I enjoy being there for the students. The hardest part of the job is meeting deadlines and getting students to pay attention. The most enjoyable part of the job is the students being happy and enjoying school.
Pros
Culture of school
Cons
Noise distractions
School teacher for 19 years,good experience in public working, good experience in deal with children,many skills like management, speaking, organizations and teaching
Pros
Long yearly vocation, health insurance
Cons
Routine, interested in documents more than reality Education
teaching is a passion for kids, if we provide best materials and best resources children will be abke to strive for exellence and most all they will be the future of our countries leaders.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
overtime of work
Working at the Ministry of Education was very interesting especially when we deal with the young minds.. I love being involved and mould these innocent lives to whom they are now. At the same time however, no one recognise my efforts simply because of my qualifications.
Pros
Evaluation and planning with all stakeholders
Cons
Low qualification
For those with a love of children and teaching this is the right environment for you. Utmost patience is needed to qpro with students to ensure they reach their educational goals.
A typical day of work as a Head of an institution is usually upon arrival signing in checking on the early arrivals into school,taking rounds around the classrooms checking on the early arrivals working on the morning work prepared by all staff. Making sure that all rooms are opened, neat and tidy for the day and making sure that the time is used wisely once these small Infants arrive in school. After that I usually wait at the front gate to greet Teachers, students and Parents. Also monitor the arrival of transport school bus, taxis or private vehicles dropping off students, 9.00 am sharp lesson begins at 10.30 am recess time , 12.00 pm lunch time and at 2.30pm end of a school day. As a Christian school it is a school norm, on the first day of the week and last day of the week school assembly is conducted in the mornings by the school Deaconess. The school caters for 933 children with only 23 Teachers, 3 teacher aides and 5 ancillary staff, This is the Biggest Infant school in the nation catering for only years 1 to year 3. Year i has 7 streams, year 2 8 streams and year 3 - 7 streams. The class ratio was 40:1 which is very high. The most hardest part of the work in this teaching context is student dismissal everyday whereby at times we the staff usually wait for parents till late in the afternoons. The most enjoyable part is the extra curricular activities like swimming and excursions. The beauty of this type of this institution is the fact that they are so full of innocence at this stage 6 year old to 8 year old. They do not pose any behavioral problems thriving - more...
Pros
Yes school provides not only lunches but breakfast too. to students who need it.
Cons
As already mentioned above:- waiting long hours, communication break down, attitude problem of parents, lack of teachers communication skills
teaching is a calling. most of the work requires dedication and comittment. being learner centred allows results to be attained. hard work gives results. nothing beats the honour to work with children particularly those with disabilities
Pros
sports seminars
Cons
stationary shortage
I'man ardent worker who has the passion to see students excel in all areas. During my tenner the working conditions were rough but i stuck it out since it was bringing good income and the students were learning. parents were also very appreciative.
Settle the class and go through the curriculum and activities that were scheduled for the day.Working with children from varying background and socialization taught me patience and tolerance.The School was governed by a Principal and Vice Principal along with a team of Senior Teachers however there were regular staff meetings which provided an opportunity for everyone to contribute.The culture was somewhat competitive but there was a level of collaboration and support.Limited resources to meet the need of large class sizes comprised of children who were performing at various academic level.Seeing children who had fallen behind in their performance improving. Enjoying great relationship with the students.
iam very much interested to work with children getting to know them and the different background they come from, to help them to know the real meanings of life by reading and writing
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Worked in several schools. Mainly people are nice and understanding. This is who places teacher's in school's all around the country. Primary contact is always made thro the school.
I worked with various children with disabilities preparing their learning materials and teaching them. I could link them with other organizations while also working with their parents
I only worked for a very short time (two months) because I was then selected for the university. I loved working their as I was working in my home district and being young it was easier to operate from home
Pros
operating from home
Cons
little pay
government launched too much of new strategies and policies to enhance teachers and students,however, they never put efforts on it that causes the plans failed.and , teachers suffers the ''pain''.
On a typical day at work my priority is to ensure that all my students participate in various class activities. Being aware that my students learn at different pace I create equal opportunities for all. At the end of the day everyone learns something new and can talk about it. I have learnt that teaching is not about me or what I know but undoubtedly about the students. Its about what they know, want to know and what they learn. It doesn't matter how much I know, if the students are not interested its a difficult and uphill task. Therefore I have to find creative ways to impart knowledge and skills to gain their interest. Its a two way street where my students and interact, I get to know them and they get to know me so teaching and learning is become easier and more fun In terms of management as it relates to my class, I would say there are times when students are very disruptive, lackadaisical and of course disobedient. We have systems in place where they are disciplined and parents are called in. They generally give their support to teachers knowing children tend to want to have their own way. My co workers and I have great relationship. We all know that teaching is not an easy task therefore we support each other even when we do not agree on certain issues. Sometimes at the end of the day we praise ourselves about how great our profession is or how great we are as teachers having to deal with an average of thirty five (35) unique beings everyday. The hardest part of teaching is not having the resources at hand when really need them. Thus I have to improvise - more...
Teach a 3rd grade class of deaf/ hearing impaired students follow grade 3 curriculum mark papers teach and assess their progress
very interesting face with many challenges in a day work as a team with team spirit management is supportive learned a lot of things