Ministry of Education

Ministry of Education Employee Reviews for English Teacher

Working for the MOE has many pros and cons. It ultimately depends on which school you work in (of which you have no choice). Whilst some schools follow a laid back routine, others are very tough on their teachers and drown them in work. For me, the hardest part of the job is the students' behaviour, especially being a young woman working in a boys' high school (I am hoping to transfer schools after summer). However, luckily my school is very laid back and I have never had tremendous pressure from above. The most enjoyable part of the job is the rewarding aspect of helping students progress and make great achievements, also building relationships with other staff. Management has its faults. I find that students often find out important information before the teachers. The MOE are hard to contact, and their head office is open for limited hours. A fellow teacher described the job as 'glorified babysitting with printer access', and I could not have worded it better myself.
Pros
School timings, holidays, rewarding aspects
Cons
Students behaviour, lack of communication, short notice, heavy workload
Overall, there are both pros and cons to working at the Ministry of Education in my country as a teacher. One needs to decide which one weighs out which. Hard filters, examinations and interviews, stress interviews on which one has to answer the very questions about his/her private life and explain his/her political and religious beliefs to SHOW AND PROVE they are in keeping with the ones they consider as criteria are the most obnoxious part of being a teacher at the Ministry of Education. After recruitment, however, you are somehow being constantly monitored for the same things, which is objectionable.On the other hand, long summer vacations and job security, despite the overall low payments teachers receive can be considerer positive. In fact, many people who study majors like mine, English language and literature and general linguistics, do not have many options but to work as language teachers. I hope I have said enough. All the best.
Pros
long summer vacations, job security after crossing through the hard filters
Cons
stress interviews, being monitored for political and religious beliefs, low payments
-Develop and issue educational content including notes, tests, and assignments. -Supervise classes to ensure all students are learning in a safe and productive environment. -Organize supplies and resources for lectures and presentations. -Deliver personalized instruction to each student by encouraging interactive learning. -Plan and implement educational activities and events. -Ensure your classroom is clean and orderly. -Prepare and distribute periodic progress reports and semester report cards. -Attend parent-teacher meetings. -Evaluate and document students’ progress. -Allocate and grade homework, assignments, and tests.
i've learned alot from working as an english teacher, and the most enjoyable thing about being a teacher, is the fact that i have the opportunity to change in my students' life, to inspire them so that they ll be better people in the future.
My work as a teacher under the Ministry of Education was really wonderful. My typical day included attending school meetings with the headmaster, teach classes, mark exercises and record marks for my students.
Pros
Three months holiday
Cons
too remote
When I first arrived to Foussana Kasserine, and after a memorable experience in THE SULTANATE OF OMAN I was shocked due to the cold weather first. Then the working conditions: as no teaching materials were available... The sts' level also was so poor and down. In fact everything was topsy turvy or UPSIDE DOWN....
Pros
disciplined and respectful pupils and parents.
Cons
Unorganised administration. No teaching materials available ...
Enjoyable situation which I have to leave because of my daughter presence in China..collezgues are sosociable and competent that I didn't feel any thing weird. The principal understood every teacher'situation as well as the commitments to seriousness in implementing rules and regulations.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
Lack of teaching hours for every class
The most important thing I have learned through out my career is that a teacher should be a good learner. Any successful educational process should be mutual and interactive.
Pros
relief when you get children involved into a good learning experience
Cons
heavy burden to be responsible for other's future
While K-12 teachers may get paid more in UAE than any other country, it's at a serious price. I came into the country completely unaware of how poorly the MoE communicated. It was evident from my first day in the school. I was assigned to teach English (mainstream) in Al Dhara Secondary School for Girls in Hatta, but upon arrival, the principal and vice principal of the high school had no idea who I was or why I was there. Their English department was fully staffed. I sat in the staff room for 3-4 weeks, waiting in limbo for admin to decide where to shuffle me. As a Graduate English Teacher, I was shoved into the Advanced Science Program to teach English. For the first couple months, my ASP Coordinator didn't know how to help me find the materials for lesson plans, 16 week outlines, textbooks, and even didn't know how to help me find a printer in my school. Every day I walked into Al Dhara School, I didn't know what to expect. We were all given a "schedule" but on days that I was supposed to teach 4 classes, I would sometimes be given 6 classes without warning. Many times, my 5 classes would get reduced to 2. No one seemed to plan ahead--principals, other admin, teachers, trainers, etc. Everything was last minute. For me, that's fine; I was trying to adapt, as many cultures are more relaxed with time, but at the same time, they should be tolerant of when these schedule changes happen, particularly when teachers don't come prepared with four extra lessons because it wasn't communicated in advance. In another example, my ASP Coordinator told our department we had a - more...
Pros
opportunity to experience Emirati culture, healthcare, salary
Cons
communication, organization, efficiency, effectiveness, timeliness, management
I have worked for the Ministry of Education for 9 years as an English Teacher . I have taught secondary School Students ( Grade 10-11) from the United Arab Emirates and some other different nationalities.
Pros
accommodation
Cons
no cons
Most teachers are friendly and cooperative as well as the school Administration but the students are very lazy and unmotivated and this is the hardest part of my job is to motivate the unmotivated.
Pros
cooperative and friendly educational atmosphere
Cons
lazy and unmotivated students
Basically have an eight hours working day and the teaching load is a minimum of twenty and a maximum of thirty for the languages department. The day starts with an assembly , followed by assembly attendance register and a mini staff briefing each morning, then for lessons. There should be team work for the school objectives to be successful as well as for good ethos to prevail in school. Firmness and decisiveness is required in a leader for subordinates might take advantage of that if not careful.
Pros
A free working environment
Cons
slack supervision which subordinates take advantage of.
A nice place to work Started working as an English language teacher ( before I used to teach English Literature) Fun working with Omani students and training them for their exam (MOE)
Pros
Good place to start a career
Cons
Na
Education in Turkey is centralized so it is governed by the Ministry of Education, and I liked working under the ministry a lot. They have a hard job and they are doing it quite well.
Learning in our country is not effective. We need labs for learning .We need travel to the world to learn the language from native speakers.we need support for students.
Teaching at high schools is one of the greatest careers that I have ever experienced in my life. And I always call it a precious gift from God, since it always makes me feel happy.
It is a good environment for heaping community in learning possess. You feel great when your students is success that is a good motivation for us as teachers
Scheduled to work no more than 13 hours a week including an hour for coordination with an advisor. Had the opportunity to work alongside many other teacher with relevant experience within their field. This job challenged me to daily to create and implement individualized learning plans that would motivate student participation.
Pros
Short work week, collaborative work environment
Cons
Long travel time
The general atmosphere of teaching in the MOE schools was good because the students used to have a strong will to learn. Their parents urged them all the time to get the highest ranks in the class.
Pros
more stability
Cons
changing curricula.
Any day when the kids are active and willing to learn more. I have teach and to create motives to encourage the kids to educate themselves and to be aware of the benefits for the future. According to teaching the management does not matter what matters is the conscious of the teacher himself. Respect and Responsibility. Whenever the parents are not interested with educating the girls. When time passes and all the students find their way forward towards success.
Pros
It might be one single student who want to learn, and you are there for him.
Cons
Have to travel to remote area.
Excellent and beautiful atmosphere to work ...with IGCSE syllabus people are loving and with lot of helping tendancy good pay for the work learning teaching process were the plus poiunt
Pros
less work load
Cons
lonely