Ministry of Education

Ministry of Education Employee Reviews for High School Teacher

Planning engaging and stimulating lessons for Italian students with a range of abilities. Giving written and verbal feedback to allow students to progress and develop their literacy skills. I have learnt that in any role, communication is a vital element to enable positive working relationships to be formed. The hardest aspect of the job is ensuring you spend equal amounts of time engaging with students of all abilities as often, quieter students tend to want to engage with the whole class. Encouraging more self conscious students to believe in their abilities can be a challenge. The most enjoyable aspect is watching students develop their skills and confidence and be part of their learning journey.
A normal working day always begin with our morning devotion by elected pupil as allocated in the weekly & daily roster. The management are very supportive in supplying our stationery needs in time. The culture is unique compared to other learning providers, their is always a get together to celebrate staff birthdays, church function and school achievements in extra-curricula and academic. The hardest and very challenging is the disciplining of students, this makes me employ all my sensitivity to be vigilant and visible whenever possible to avoid disruptions and unnecessary misconduct. Yes, when about fifty percent of my customers are from broken families and majority are raised by their grandparents. The most enjoyable and rewarding to me when they appreciate my time and advice of encouragement that leads me to tears and the loveliest of all when seeing them graduated at Uni and leads successful lives that brings about a whole person - and make them the reliable and responsible member of our society.
Workin a nice social and natural workplace. I developed teaching skills through experience, individual studies, and training. The hardest part of the job is the students' learning and discipline. The most enjoyable part of the job is the students' progress and satisfaction from my teaching.
Pros
good working enviroment
Cons
loimited career development
It is a good place to work, can be stressful at times. The vacation does not compensate for the stressful nature of the environment. There is limited mobility for promotion, it is based on seniority.
Pros
vacation
Cons
indiscipline kids
In order to be successful in this job, organization skills are needed to be efficient. One has to ensure that they are able to keep up with the daily activities.
Cons
Work hours can be very long.
Enjoyed teaching the students and interacting with the staff. It was a very stressful environment to manage huge classes but it was doable. I enjoyed planning activities for students and supervising extra curricular activities.
A worthy journey with lots of learning i enjoyed being in class, interacting with students, seeing them learn and grow with knowledge. the hardest part of the job has been time management with loads of classes.
Shortage of personnel makes work in the Ministry and schools rather tedious for hard workers. Remuneration equally requires more scientific approaches. Physical structures require maintenance and should be understood as such
Pros
Friendly environnent
Cons
Nepotic
I enjoyed the joining of new groups, orienting them and nurturing the talents in them. The hardest task was examination preparation. The work culture was enjoyable and productive.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Involvement in discplinary issues
Prepared teaching materials, taught and assessed pupils at the end of the lesson. Other responsibilities included preparing science teaching materials for the whole science department as well as currying out routine checks to ensure that the learning, feeding and sleeping environments for the children were healthy and safe. Working in a rural area the challenge I faced was finding appropriate instructional materials for the children. The most enjoyable part was the cultural experience I had during my tenure in that environment. It was a remote part of the country and i got to learn a lot about other cultures as well as getting to see the beauty of the rural part of my country.
Pros
Beautiful environment in a natural setting
Cons
Limited room for professional development
a typical day can be stressful, there are limited resources, the best part of the day is the morning period, it is a time that a lot can be accomplished.
Great staff support and conditions Stepping Out program was helpful professional development opportunity Excellent and professional educators. Flexible training delivery Very support workplace placement Motivation through Edith Cowan award for best graduate Easy to get to, close to public transport Provides good feedback and tracks student porgress
Pros
Recongnised qualification
Cons
mostly younger learners
I would recommend anyone who get the chance of getting an offer in the Ministry of education to grab it. It's a rewarding job since you can see your students getting better and better every single day.
Take over two classes - One Teacher AbsentReading Comprehension Exercise, divide in groups and end in group presentations. I learned to switch to doing other alternative options to cover up with situations occurring at short notice. The hardest part of the job is teaching at different levels but then what I enjoyed the most is seeing improvements from students in their group works, homework and exam results.
Pros
Cross Country seminars/meetings
Cons
Only school breaks
working with students is quite good. It is better to teach them English as a foreign language just to help them communicate easily and understand it. Working starts at 7:30 AM till 1:30 PM.
Pros
enough salary
Cons
stressful, noisy
Teaching in general is a low paying job. Teaching is also stressful jobs because you end up doing extra assignments such preparing for classes, grading and counseling.
Pros
long paid vacation
Cons
no chances for advancement
There was poor management in such a way that very few teachers were appreciated for their hard work. This led to the poor performance of the learners.
I do not mind working long hours, I am attentive to details and I can stay focused. I just want a career change because proofreading and translation is what I am really good at.
Pros
interesting
I loved working for ministry of education. The pay was good for fiji standard but due to my migration I had resign. As a teacher I taught student from year 9 to year 13. Th hardest part of my job was teaching students of other races due to language barrier.
Pros
Free lunch and tea paid on holiday
Cons
Work pressure
Disorganized, a lot of corruption. I learnt living at staff line which is a difficult thing. Poor management. when it comes to marking after students have wrote their end of term exams it is the hardest part of teaching. You have a lot of time to waste
Pros
A lot of time to waste
Cons
too much work load
I really enjoyed working as a math teacher. I was able to improve my communications skills while teaching math. While it was a little bit challenging, being able to help students excel in math was something i enjoyed a lot.