Ministry of Education

Ministry of Education Employee Reviews for Teacher

My work place is educative because lot of workshop by training and equipped me on my weak areas. The team is a very instrumental and effective in their work
Pros
Reasonable food affordability
Cons
Expecting good health care
It is the best moment when you see your production (feed back) from kids you teach. That’s the pleasure of teaching. The new input you do and the out put you get.
They made me hard to work there, too many interviews, tests and so on. But when they didn't need me, just a piece of paper they sent to me. No judiciary, no interview, they just sacked me out. The principals and headmasters were too powerful, always right and trustable all the time. Whatever they reported, the upper officers would just accept. The chief of SPP just did the endorsements, no questions, nothing. Even, terminating workers is more crucial compared to hiring.
A committed and motivated teacher with 10 years of experience in governmental and private institutes which its 5 years is in English and 5 years in Persian, due to severe need of Ministry of Education. I have won 9 prizes in teaching festivals, 3 prizes in action research reports, various certificates of appreciation from head and deputy Minister of Education and several accepted proposals. So interested in contributing my knowledge and skills, I would like to work in an institute that offers a genuine opportunity for career progression.
There are number of memorable days in my career in Maldives as a Secondary teacher. The first aid training programme organised by the school management was really amazing and it a great opportunity to learn and practice how to provide first . Management is cooperative. Teachers are respected by the students and parents. The co-curricular activities are the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Free breakfast, Parents organizing pick-nicks
Cons
Heavy raining, and less availability of vegetables.
The management was more autocratic even though ,there was an element of democracy.However being around this management has helped me a lot int erms of development as a person.
I have been permanently employed by the Ministry of Education. This Ministry is operated by the Government of Jamaica. As an employee of the Ministry of Education in Jamaica, my job has no expiry date until I become 65 years old. I am entitled to paid holidays, paid vacation leaves and paid study leaves.The management is good.
The Ministry of Education is striving to provide quality education to every single student in Burkina Faso. Authorities, teachers, and students are doing their best to develop the country.
I learned to combine science with art and I need a spectrum of different skills, teaching requires a combination of passion, motivation, pedagogy, and patience. I have always loved working with children of all ages. to teach is to touch a life forever.
Pros
happy atmospher
Cons
low salary
I taught all the subjects on the curriculum to the class that I was assigned to. The students ages' ranged from five to fifteen. The students were lovely to work with. They were motivated and well behaved. They enjoyed the schoolwork. Management varied from one school to another. Generally the management was very good, even under the most stressful conditions. Beside teaching class, I was also the Physical Education Teacher. This meant that in each school that I taught in, I had to teach Physical Education and carry out sports programs for Sports Day. I drew up all the events, and had to choose out all the finalists who would be participating on Sports Day. On Sports Day all the parents and teachers came out to participate in athletics. Beside all this I taught cricket and soccer to the students of each of the five schools that I taught in, and then we competed against other schools. In each school that I taught in the schools moved up in their grading in their districts. The most enjoyable part of the job was to teach the students their academics and sports, and to see the schools improve in their grading in the various districts.
Pros
I enjoyed a fine time with the students and their parents
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Ministry of Education?
Lessons including general cleaning supervision, and sports.l gained experience and motivation at work, the work needs team work, scheming hard,sports
My job includes preparing lesson plans according to the level of students and presentation using written materials. I always enjoy teaching and share my knowledge with my students. As the languages I teach are less known languages, the hardest parts are finding enough language based materials suitable for different levels of language I used teach.
A typical day involves devotion with students . There is then class sessions depending on the timetable, then lunch /break .Then it is time to with meet the students again for another class. I have learnt over the years that students will take an interest in learning once the teacher makes it interesting. Our workplace culture promotes respect for both staff and students. For me, the hardest part of the job is to teach the lessons and also do administrative duties. The most enjoyable part of the job is see the growth of the students as they progress in their studies/subjects.
Cons
Sometimes meetings
The working day starts at 7 : 30 am up to 17:00 with a lunch break of of an hour from 12:30 to 13:30. I have learnt harding working and spirit sacrifice because ministry do not pay overtime but students need extra time for them to do well. good management skills because no performers are easily seen by the results at the end of academic year. Team work is always needed to accomplish set goals. Good however is remote area housing is a challenge making causing you to reach home tired due long distance handling large classes and teaching 42 periods a week instead of maximum 18 per week due to shortage of staff. when you are meeting graduates that you taught them.
Pros
no salary deduction when sick. study leave for upgrading
Cons
over working, lack of instructional materials
Few working hours / social atmosphere/ friendly place/can study master and phd degrees/can do many workshops/ can travel abroad........................
Pros
Free tea
Cons
Short breaks
my typical day start at 7:45 in the morning. I get to work early while i wait on the students to arrive. i love being around children. they make s me laugh. i enjoy being there for them all day. i enjoy teaching subjects such as Mathematics and science despite we do have a pack curriculum. we have fun days and other days when we work in groups. i love teaching. it makes me who i am
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
short breaks, lunch breaks
The most satisfying thing about my work was getting pupils to pass and having smiles on their faces as they held their results. Its unfortunate as an employer, the government of zimbabwe has been facing many economic and financial challenges which in the end resulted in my resigning and opting to better my life by looking for a job here in the uae. The hardest part of my job in zimbabwe were the large classes with an average of 60 students in a class. Textbooks were not enough and the classrooms were not large enough .
Pros
Free break and lunch meals, Accomodation, Medical aid facility, Birthday treats
Cons
Large classes, Little resources, Poor salary
Communication with children. Communication with other educated people. Having aims with my students. Meeting new people and towns. Good salary. Advancement
Pros
Good salary meeting new people
Cons
Nothing bad to tell about the organisation.
This course was fantastic than others. In the world, teaching is the best job I have ever seen. corroborating with children, knowledge sharing were the most thing that made me happy.
all places of work were a good learning experience. we learnt a lot and shared information for the advancement of others. everywhere we had a teaching/learning environment
Pros
learn a lot
Cons
nothing
The Ministry of Education gave me my first job as a relief(temporary) teacher. The time I spent I got to interact with many academics and intellectual. Above all it gave me the platform to give back and contribute to my community by educatively empowering people in the community that I grew up in.
Pros
Free weekends