Ministry of Education

Ministry of Education Culture reviews

Working at the Ministry has taught me leadership skills as well as the ability to balance in a fast-paced environment. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the results and smiling faces of my students at the end of the day!
A day a work is an enjoyable time for me where I get to know all about the business, what I learn about is how they stack all different types of text books and how they enter it in the system for records. Management was ok and fairly to each one of us, and how our workplace culture continues to respect each other makes our job easier and faster in completing our task, the hardest part of our job is doing everything on your own and no one to help. And the most enjoyable part of the job is when everybody hands in to complete a task.
Pros
Free transport only
Cons
Short breaks was given
This place was great to work at and it was rewarding. It was a good place to work and I had learned a lot from it. I was dealing with students, parents, other staff members, and clients - which was very good experience for me. The most enjoyable part of the job was the impact you could have on the people you were helping
1. relaxed environment 2. good pay scale 3. Arabic culture emphasis 4. good cpd opportunities 5. opportunities for career growth and progression 6. no unnecessary clerical work
I have learnt a lot during the many experiences i have got. I always put my best foot forward and give of my best even on my bad days. I really enjoy communicating and working with others, whether different country, culture, language etc. I always try to manage myself and work duties in a professional manner at all times and I believe with my skills and determination I will endeavor.
I enjoyed working at MOE. I was given ample opportunties to shine and rise through the various portfolios and ranks. I was also groomed as a leader to oversee numerous projects and manage staff.
Motivating, learning and rewarding experience. Exciting, team player yet competitive working environment fostering learning and development of the well rounded child.
A normal working day always begin with our morning devotion by elected pupil as allocated in the weekly & daily roster. The management are very supportive in supplying our stationery needs in time. The culture is unique compared to other learning providers, their is always a get together to celebrate staff birthdays, church function and school achievements in extra-curricula and academic. The hardest and very challenging is the disciplining of students, this makes me employ all my sensitivity to be vigilant and visible whenever possible to avoid disruptions and unnecessary misconduct. Yes, when about fifty percent of my customers are from broken families and majority are raised by their grandparents. The most enjoyable and rewarding to me when they appreciate my time and advice of encouragement that leads me to tears and the loveliest of all when seeing them graduated at Uni and leads successful lives that brings about a whole person - and make them the reliable and responsible member of our society.
Meetings, reporting, customer service, training staff, mentoring and analyzing data daily. I learned a lot about communication skills. Budgeting was almost impossible. workplace culture was almost in control. Managing people was really the hardest part. Getting proof of my leaders on proposals was the most enjoyable part of the job.
The JET program with the MoE in Japan is a great way to gain teaching experience, gain confidence in teaching, immerse in a new culture and experience and new country.
Pros
Safety
Cons
Long hours at times
A typical day at work includes meeting with stakeholders of the education systems. This group may include parents, board members, school principals, assistant principals, political directorate, community members etc. Once employed with the MoEY&I you will learn time management and develop strategies as to how to deal with difficult staff members. Management skill are sharpened since you must take responsibility for your performance. Workplace culture is important in that it can either break you or make you as an employee. A positive workplace culture will enhance performance, improve creativity and improve working relationships. The most difficult part of the job is treating with the challenges that are presented based on the nature and available resources to do so. Being a support officer my most enjoyable aspect of the job is practicing altruism at all times. Lending a hand and holding a hand giving hope to someone.
I enjoy interacting with the students and spending as much time teaching and sharing stories with the students. The teachers all have a good relationship with me and I enjoy being there for the students. The hardest part of the job is meeting deadlines and getting students to pay attention. The most enjoyable part of the job is the students being happy and enjoying school.
Pros
Culture of school
Cons
Noise distractions
A typical day at work consist on teaching lesson, takin attendance, design lesson plans, grading activities. I learn to work with peers designing lesson plans for teaching English and Spanish. The culture came out from the interaction with the students. The hardest part the lack of the technological supplies in the classroom.
Pros
Work hours
Cons
Short breaks
I work in the Ministry of Education in Kuwait. It is a nice place to work with a team and using different technology. I use PowerBuilder to build a desktop application
All days consist of a steady flow of work with many deadlines to meet. There are no slow periods there is always work to be done. From this job i have learnt how to properly manage my name in order to meet all deadlines. Management is efficient at times but there is room for improvement. The culture of the organization is one of productivity, not much friendly relationships among heads and lower level staff. The hardest part of the job is nothing. I t is manageable. Most enjoyable part is the few events where everyone(all sections) gets to come together and get to know each other.
Great place to work and learn new technology. the staff are nice and the overall its good place to get your skill done. i was working there for 5 years.
This job involves working with learners of different cultures and backgrounds.lt is the duty of an individual to guide these learners through their primary education.
Pros
Flexible holidays
Cons
Incentives
A typical day involves devotion with students . There is then class sessions depending on the timetable, then lunch /break .Then it is time to with meet the students again for another class. I have learnt over the years that students will take an interest in learning once the teacher makes it interesting. Our workplace culture promotes respect for both staff and students. For me, the hardest part of the job is to teach the lessons and also do administrative duties. The most enjoyable part of the job is see the growth of the students as they progress in their studies/subjects.
Cons
Sometimes meetings
Slow work pace Work not well planned. Not much focus on analysis. Work as comes need to be deliovered Managers are good Work culture is not so flexible
While K-12 teachers may get paid more in UAE than any other country, it's at a serious price. I came into the country completely unaware of how poorly the MoE communicated. It was evident from my first day in the school. I was assigned to teach English (mainstream) in Al Dhara Secondary School for Girls in Hatta, but upon arrival, the principal and vice principal of the high school had no idea who I was or why I was there. Their English department was fully staffed. I sat in the staff room for 3-4 weeks, waiting in limbo for admin to decide where to shuffle me. As a Graduate English Teacher, I was shoved into the Advanced Science Program to teach English. For the first couple months, my ASP Coordinator didn't know how to help me find the materials for lesson plans, 16 week outlines, textbooks, and even didn't know how to help me find a printer in my school. Every day I walked into Al Dhara School, I didn't know what to expect. We were all given a "schedule" but on days that I was supposed to teach 4 classes, I would sometimes be given 6 classes without warning. Many times, my 5 classes would get reduced to 2. No one seemed to plan ahead--principals, other admin, teachers, trainers, etc. Everything was last minute. For me, that's fine; I was trying to adapt, as many cultures are more relaxed with time, but at the same time, they should be tolerant of when these schedule changes happen, particularly when teachers don't come prepared with four extra lessons because it wasn't communicated in advance. In another example, my ASP Coordinator told our department we had a - more...
Pros
opportunity to experience Emirati culture, healthcare, salary
Cons
communication, organization, efficiency, effectiveness, timeliness, management
awesome teamwork and really nice workplace culture. The hourly pay is cool and also pay overtime. Get to meet different people and learn difference culture.