Ministry of Education

Ministry of Education Job Security & Advancement reviews

no matter how good you are at something, just know there is someone who can do it better than you. always be kin to learn more and accept challenges. also learned to apply my peace leadership and conflict transformation
Overall, there are both pros and cons to working at the Ministry of Education in my country as a teacher. One needs to decide which one weighs out which. Hard filters, examinations and interviews, stress interviews on which one has to answer the very questions about his/her private life and explain his/her political and religious beliefs to SHOW AND PROVE they are in keeping with the ones they consider as criteria are the most obnoxious part of being a teacher at the Ministry of Education. After recruitment, however, you are somehow being constantly monitored for the same things, which is objectionable.On the other hand, long summer vacations and job security, despite the overall low payments teachers receive can be considerer positive. In fact, many people who study majors like mine, English language and literature and general linguistics, do not have many options but to work as language teachers. I hope I have said enough. All the best.
Pros
long summer vacations, job security after crossing through the hard filters
Cons
stress interviews, being monitored for political and religious beliefs, low payments
They made me hard to work there, too many interviews, tests and so on. But when they didn't need me, just a piece of paper they sent to me. No judiciary, no interview, they just sacked me out. The principals and headmasters were too powerful, always right and trustable all the time. Whatever they reported, the upper officers would just accept. The chief of SPP just did the endorsements, no questions, nothing. Even, terminating workers is more crucial compared to hiring.
1. relaxed environment 2. good pay scale 3. Arabic culture emphasis 4. good cpd opportunities 5. opportunities for career growth and progression 6. no unnecessary clerical work
I really recommend people to the ministry of education. I learned a lot about screening, data entry, customer service..I really enjoyed filing system and shredding. I loved that place to work. If I got the chance, I prefer to go back.
The Ministry of Education is an awesome place to work. This institution helps one to develop the skills necessary to achieve excellence in their career life as well as their personal life.
A committed and motivated teacher with 10 years of experience in governmental and private institutes which its 5 years is in English and 5 years in Persian, due to severe need of Ministry of Education. I have won 9 prizes in teaching festivals, 3 prizes in action research reports, various certificates of appreciation from head and deputy Minister of Education and several accepted proposals. So interested in contributing my knowledge and skills, I would like to work in an institute that offers a genuine opportunity for career progression.
Working at the Ministry has taught me leadership skills as well as the ability to balance in a fast-paced environment. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the results and smiling faces of my students at the end of the day!
My journey at the ministry of education has started since 2012, I have been promoted since that time to HR Specialist. All I can be thankful for is the job security and working hours, yet I seek for other opportunities and dream of getting the job that suits my qualifications and skills one day.
I hope the job to give me a good professional and personal life, improve my communication skill & demonstrate a high level of motivation to succeed in my career life.
There are number of memorable days in my career in Maldives as a Secondary teacher. The first aid training programme organised by the school management was really amazing and it a great opportunity to learn and practice how to provide first . Management is cooperative. Teachers are respected by the students and parents. The co-curricular activities are the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Free breakfast, Parents organizing pick-nicks
Cons
Heavy raining, and less availability of vegetables.
The management was more autocratic even though ,there was an element of democracy.However being around this management has helped me a lot int erms of development as a person.
highly productive environment with the opportunity of career advancement. team spirit and hard work is encouraged is fostered. a definite drive for educational upliftment is advised.
Cons
little or no required teaching aid materials
I have learnt a lot during the many experiences i have got. I always put my best foot forward and give of my best even on my bad days. I really enjoy communicating and working with others, whether different country, culture, language etc. I always try to manage myself and work duties in a professional manner at all times and I believe with my skills and determination I will endeavor.
I have worked with the Ministry of Education in Guyana for 6 years and not in Canada. I am currently attending Humber College pursuing my career in Law Clerk.
These are all contract positions that management and staff would only communicate and assist if need be. A very fast paced environment. Not too much room for typos and errors..
I enjoyed working at MOE. I was given ample opportunties to shine and rise through the various portfolios and ranks. I was also groomed as a leader to oversee numerous projects and manage staff.
Motivating, learning and rewarding experience. Exciting, team player yet competitive working environment fostering learning and development of the well rounded child.
Opportunity to work with different populations, functional autonomy, clinical supervision and paid vacation and sick leave are all great benefits. There is a poor relationship with HR so there is little job security and untimely payment of benefits
A normal working day always begin with our morning devotion by elected pupil as allocated in the weekly & daily roster. The management are very supportive in supplying our stationery needs in time. The culture is unique compared to other learning providers, their is always a get together to celebrate staff birthdays, church function and school achievements in extra-curricula and academic. The hardest and very challenging is the disciplining of students, this makes me employ all my sensitivity to be vigilant and visible whenever possible to avoid disruptions and unnecessary misconduct. Yes, when about fifty percent of my customers are from broken families and majority are raised by their grandparents. The most enjoyable and rewarding to me when they appreciate my time and advice of encouragement that leads me to tears and the loveliest of all when seeing them graduated at Uni and leads successful lives that brings about a whole person - and make them the reliable and responsible member of our society.
Long term job with great vacations. Once you are finished training you are placed near where you live and work there towards advancement of your career.