Ministry of Education

Ministry of Education Management reviews

good benefits and pay. But demands are increasing and unreasonable. During the pandemic you are required to risk your life or lose your job. You are also expected to use approx 10% of your salary on resources.
Pros
paid sick leave and health insurance
Cons
Unreasonable demands
A day a work is an enjoyable time for me where I get to know all about the business, what I learn about is how they stack all different types of text books and how they enter it in the system for records. Management was ok and fairly to each one of us, and how our workplace culture continues to respect each other makes our job easier and faster in completing our task, the hardest part of our job is doing everything on your own and no one to help. And the most enjoyable part of the job is when everybody hands in to complete a task.
Pros
Free transport only
Cons
Short breaks was given
It was a very educative process for me because I had the chance to learn a lot of things and help a lot of individuals learn as well. Also, learnt a few things on project management and entrepreneurship.
There are number of memorable days in my career in Maldives as a Secondary teacher. The first aid training programme organised by the school management was really amazing and it a great opportunity to learn and practice how to provide first . Management is cooperative. Teachers are respected by the students and parents. The co-curricular activities are the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Free breakfast, Parents organizing pick-nicks
Cons
Heavy raining, and less availability of vegetables.
The management was more autocratic even though ,there was an element of democracy.However being around this management has helped me a lot int erms of development as a person.
I have been permanently employed by the Ministry of Education. This Ministry is operated by the Government of Jamaica. As an employee of the Ministry of Education in Jamaica, my job has no expiry date until I become 65 years old. I am entitled to paid holidays, paid vacation leaves and paid study leaves.The management is good.
Tiresome Coping with different issues everyday Inflexible management Collaborative staff members High teacher-student ratio Practicing sports with students
These are all contract positions that management and staff would only communicate and assist if need be. A very fast paced environment. Not too much room for typos and errors..
Busy workplace. Great opportunity to make friends. Quite a divided workplace. Management was a bit diabolical. Not a massive social scene but small pockets of staff would take part in events.
Pros
Made great friends
Cons
Low pay in some roles
A normal working day always begin with our morning devotion by elected pupil as allocated in the weekly & daily roster. The management are very supportive in supplying our stationery needs in time. The culture is unique compared to other learning providers, their is always a get together to celebrate staff birthdays, church function and school achievements in extra-curricula and academic. The hardest and very challenging is the disciplining of students, this makes me employ all my sensitivity to be vigilant and visible whenever possible to avoid disruptions and unnecessary misconduct. Yes, when about fifty percent of my customers are from broken families and majority are raised by their grandparents. The most enjoyable and rewarding to me when they appreciate my time and advice of encouragement that leads me to tears and the loveliest of all when seeing them graduated at Uni and leads successful lives that brings about a whole person - and make them the reliable and responsible member of our society.
A typical day at work includes meeting with stakeholders of the education systems. This group may include parents, board members, school principals, assistant principals, political directorate, community members etc. Once employed with the MoEY&I you will learn time management and develop strategies as to how to deal with difficult staff members. Management skill are sharpened since you must take responsibility for your performance. Workplace culture is important in that it can either break you or make you as an employee. A positive workplace culture will enhance performance, improve creativity and improve working relationships. The most difficult part of the job is treating with the challenges that are presented based on the nature and available resources to do so. Being a support officer my most enjoyable aspect of the job is practicing altruism at all times. Lending a hand and holding a hand giving hope to someone.
> Working days were from Monday to Friday from 0800 hrs to 1700 hrs and had a 1 hour lunch break. > The government financial working system called Integrated Financial Management Information System (I.F.M.I.S). > Management was very supportive. > People were very friendly and helped one another in any area that one was stuck. > During closing of the financial year people had to work for extended hours. > There were tea and even lunches on some occasions.
Pros
Some of the time
Cons
System failures
Working for the MOE has many pros and cons. It ultimately depends on which school you work in (of which you have no choice). Whilst some schools follow a laid back routine, others are very tough on their teachers and drown them in work. For me, the hardest part of the job is the students' behaviour, especially being a young woman working in a boys' high school (I am hoping to transfer schools after summer). However, luckily my school is very laid back and I have never had tremendous pressure from above. The most enjoyable part of the job is the rewarding aspect of helping students progress and make great achievements, also building relationships with other staff. Management has its faults. I find that students often find out important information before the teachers. The MOE are hard to contact, and their head office is open for limited hours. A fellow teacher described the job as 'glorified babysitting with printer access', and I could not have worded it better myself.
Pros
School timings, holidays, rewarding aspects
Cons
Students behaviour, lack of communication, short notice, heavy workload
leadership management budgeting forecasting business analytics decision making project delivery meet target meet scope business analytics quality and governance
I taught all the subjects on the curriculum to the class that I was assigned to. The students ages' ranged from five to fifteen. The students were lovely to work with. They were motivated and well behaved. They enjoyed the schoolwork. Management varied from one school to another. Generally the management was very good, even under the most stressful conditions. Beside teaching class, I was also the Physical Education Teacher. This meant that in each school that I taught in, I had to teach Physical Education and carry out sports programs for Sports Day. I drew up all the events, and had to choose out all the finalists who would be participating on Sports Day. On Sports Day all the parents and teachers came out to participate in athletics. Beside all this I taught cricket and soccer to the students of each of the five schools that I taught in, and then we competed against other schools. In each school that I taught in the schools moved up in their grading in their districts. The most enjoyable part of the job was to teach the students their academics and sports, and to see the schools improve in their grading in the various districts.
Pros
I enjoyed a fine time with the students and their parents
The workplace is currently boring.There is much to be proud of due to low salaries and high inflation.The current state of affairs is not encouraging to all professionals.
All days consist of a steady flow of work with many deadlines to meet. There are no slow periods there is always work to be done. From this job i have learnt how to properly manage my name in order to meet all deadlines. Management is efficient at times but there is room for improvement. The culture of the organization is one of productivity, not much friendly relationships among heads and lower level staff. The hardest part of the job is nothing. I t is manageable. Most enjoyable part is the few events where everyone(all sections) gets to come together and get to know each other.
School teacher for 19 years,good experience in public working, good experience in deal with children,many skills like management, speaking, organizations and teaching
Pros
Long yearly vocation, health insurance
Cons
Routine, interested in documents more than reality Education
have time for self training medium salary benefits strict management good team relationship wide range of experiences working in high pressure lack of training on new tools
Organización de grna tamaño, hay mucha gente que sabe trabajar y no tiene lo necesario. También hay mucha gente que no sabe trabajar
The working day starts at 7 : 30 am up to 17:00 with a lunch break of of an hour from 12:30 to 13:30. I have learnt harding working and spirit sacrifice because ministry do not pay overtime but students need extra time for them to do well. good management skills because no performers are easily seen by the results at the end of academic year. Team work is always needed to accomplish set goals. Good however is remote area housing is a challenge making causing you to reach home tired due long distance handling large classes and teaching 42 periods a week instead of maximum 18 per week due to shortage of staff. when you are meeting graduates that you taught them.
Pros
no salary deduction when sick. study leave for upgrading
Cons
over working, lack of instructional materials