Ministry of Education

Ministry of Education Salary & Benefits reviews

My work place is educative because lot of workshop by training and equipped me on my weak areas. The team is a very instrumental and effective in their work
Pros
Reasonable food affordability
Cons
Expecting good health care
good benefits and pay. But demands are increasing and unreasonable. During the pandemic you are required to risk your life or lose your job. You are also expected to use approx 10% of your salary on resources.
Pros
paid sick leave and health insurance
Cons
Unreasonable demands
I have been permanently employed by the Ministry of Education. This Ministry is operated by the Government of Jamaica. As an employee of the Ministry of Education in Jamaica, my job has no expiry date until I become 65 years old. I am entitled to paid holidays, paid vacation leaves and paid study leaves.The management is good.
loved it, people extra friendly, direction given, salary paid on time, approachable, they enjoy new ideas, expressing new methodologies always welcomed.
Pros
great package
Cons
contract cut short and changed
Opportunity to work with different populations, functional autonomy, clinical supervision and paid vacation and sick leave are all great benefits. There is a poor relationship with HR so there is little job security and untimely payment of benefits
A normal working day always begin with our morning devotion by elected pupil as allocated in the weekly & daily roster. The management are very supportive in supplying our stationery needs in time. The culture is unique compared to other learning providers, their is always a get together to celebrate staff birthdays, church function and school achievements in extra-curricula and academic. The hardest and very challenging is the disciplining of students, this makes me employ all my sensitivity to be vigilant and visible whenever possible to avoid disruptions and unnecessary misconduct. Yes, when about fifty percent of my customers are from broken families and majority are raised by their grandparents. The most enjoyable and rewarding to me when they appreciate my time and advice of encouragement that leads me to tears and the loveliest of all when seeing them graduated at Uni and leads successful lives that brings about a whole person - and make them the reliable and responsible member of our society.
Long term job with great vacations. Once you are finished training you are placed near where you live and work there towards advancement of your career.
An intersting place to work only that career progression and professional development are hard to come by. Long channel of command and duplication of duties.
Pros
Free lunch on daily basis
Cons
Medical cover
I learned to combine science with art and I need a spectrum of different skills, teaching requires a combination of passion, motivation, pedagogy, and patience. I have always loved working with children of all ages. to teach is to touch a life forever.
Pros
happy atmospher
Cons
low salary
a day of work involved receiving, storing and issuing of materials as requested by the internal users ( user departments). It was all a learning process at the ministry as each day came with its own work challenge. Here I mainly dealt with suppliers and internal customers and you realise that each client is different thus calling for an all round character to handle each one as they come. it was a very interesting carrier as I met many people and made new friends from time to time. the hardest part was when suppliers would deliver goods that do not meet specifications.
Pros
Pensionable job, maternity and annual leave provisions
Cons
little salary increament at the end of year
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Ministry of Education?
The Ministry of Education does not do its job as there should be no development programs for teachers or the development of schools nor health insurance for employees. Salaries are also very low
Managing schools is your personality. The end product is always valued and appreciated. Communication has been always the hardest part, but if you apply patience to you work and expectation you get rewarded eventually.
Pros
There's always someone to recognize you and appreciate the service you have rendered to this country
Cons
financial benefits not being monitored and taken care of to most of the meaningful work
Working is routine and lacks dynamic challenges. Career moves on a horizontal plane as the apex of one's ability and capability is not fully realised.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Dental care
Los salarios eran nefastos. Los salarios no compensaban el nivel de vida.
Pros
Los maestros bien preparados.
Cons
Salarios eran super ínfimo
It is a good place to work, can be stressful at times. The vacation does not compensate for the stressful nature of the environment. There is limited mobility for promotion, it is based on seniority.
Pros
vacation
Cons
indiscipline kids
have time for self training medium salary benefits strict management good team relationship wide range of experiences working in high pressure lack of training on new tools
The working day starts at 7 : 30 am up to 17:00 with a lunch break of of an hour from 12:30 to 13:30. I have learnt harding working and spirit sacrifice because ministry do not pay overtime but students need extra time for them to do well. good management skills because no performers are easily seen by the results at the end of academic year. Team work is always needed to accomplish set goals. Good however is remote area housing is a challenge making causing you to reach home tired due long distance handling large classes and teaching 42 periods a week instead of maximum 18 per week due to shortage of staff. when you are meeting graduates that you taught them.
Pros
no salary deduction when sick. study leave for upgrading
Cons
over working, lack of instructional materials
Few working hours / social atmosphere/ friendly place/can study master and phd degrees/can do many workshops/ can travel abroad........................
Pros
Free tea
Cons
Short breaks
Working through the Ministry of Education is the ultimate customer service one could venture into. Your students become apart of your world. Growth and Development is always catered and welcomed. It is always a wonderful place to increase and be among the best. Purpose, Objective, Aim, Procedure, A high level of self worth and being is felt working through this mean.
Pros
Best work environment
Cons
Salary could be better
The most satisfying thing about my work was getting pupils to pass and having smiles on their faces as they held their results. Its unfortunate as an employer, the government of zimbabwe has been facing many economic and financial challenges which in the end resulted in my resigning and opting to better my life by looking for a job here in the uae. The hardest part of my job in zimbabwe were the large classes with an average of 60 students in a class. Textbooks were not enough and the classrooms were not large enough .
Pros
Free break and lunch meals, Accomodation, Medical aid facility, Birthday treats
Cons
Large classes, Little resources, Poor salary
Communication with children. Communication with other educated people. Having aims with my students. Meeting new people and towns. Good salary. Advancement
Pros
Good salary meeting new people
Cons
Nothing bad to tell about the organisation.