Ministry of Education

Ministry of Education Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,098 reviews
My work place is educative because lot of workshop by training and equipped me on my weak areas. The team is a very instrumental and effective in their work
Pros
Reasonable food affordability
Cons
Expecting good health care
Planning engaging and stimulating lessons for Italian students with a range of abilities. Giving written and verbal feedback to allow students to progress and develop their literacy skills. I have learnt that in any role, communication is a vital element to enable positive working relationships to be formed. The hardest aspect of the job is ensuring you spend equal amounts of time engaging with students of all abilities as often, quieter students tend to want to engage with the whole class. Encouraging more self conscious students to believe in their abilities can be a challenge. The most enjoyable aspect is watching students develop their skills and confidence and be part of their learning journey.
Motivating, learning and rewarding experience. Exciting, team player yet competitive working environment fostering learning and development of the well rounded child.
Opportunity to work with different populations, functional autonomy, clinical supervision and paid vacation and sick leave are all great benefits. There is a poor relationship with HR so there is little job security and untimely payment of benefits
being in ministry of education made me trust the government and proudly say that the next generations are about to have a plethora opportunities to be productive elements in their community.
Pros
happy environment .
Cons
nothing
A normal working day always begin with our morning devotion by elected pupil as allocated in the weekly & daily roster. The management are very supportive in supplying our stationery needs in time. The culture is unique compared to other learning providers, their is always a get together to celebrate staff birthdays, church function and school achievements in extra-curricula and academic. The hardest and very challenging is the disciplining of students, this makes me employ all my sensitivity to be vigilant and visible whenever possible to avoid disruptions and unnecessary misconduct. Yes, when about fifty percent of my customers are from broken families and majority are raised by their grandparents. The most enjoyable and rewarding to me when they appreciate my time and advice of encouragement that leads me to tears and the loveliest of all when seeing them graduated at Uni and leads successful lives that brings about a whole person - and make them the reliable and responsible member of our society.
Long term job with great vacations. Once you are finished training you are placed near where you live and work there towards advancement of your career.
Meetings, reporting, customer service, training staff, mentoring and analyzing data daily. I learned a lot about communication skills. Budgeting was almost impossible. workplace culture was almost in control. Managing people was really the hardest part. Getting proof of my leaders on proposals was the most enjoyable part of the job.
An intersting place to work only that career progression and professional development are hard to come by. Long channel of command and duplication of duties.
Pros
Free lunch on daily basis
Cons
Medical cover
The JET program with the MoE in Japan is a great way to gain teaching experience, gain confidence in teaching, immerse in a new culture and experience and new country.
Pros
Safety
Cons
Long hours at times
Teaching was and still is a passion of mine. I believe that teachers assist parents to shape young minds of their little ones. Teaching also helps us as adults to understand the young people and guide them on a positive path based on our own personal experiences.
I learned to combine science with art and I need a spectrum of different skills, teaching requires a combination of passion, motivation, pedagogy, and patience. I have always loved working with children of all ages. to teach is to touch a life forever.
Pros
happy atmospher
Cons
low salary
During my duties as a teacher of an educational center, I was able to expand my knowledge intellectually, socially and culturally through various experiences with my work colleagues. although we had an administration that only veiled its inner circle, leaving us on occasion without any support
Every day there is a task that must be completed before the day ends the workers and I would have finish the tasks but never stress even in pressured situation . The hardest part would have been the gossip towards co-workers.
Pros
Refreshments offered during deadline
Cons
Unnecessary Gossip
good working environment with supportive staff and interesting students whom are willing and excited to learn and gain more knowledge. excellent learning materials to aid learning and teaching
A typical day at work includes meeting with stakeholders of the education systems. This group may include parents, board members, school principals, assistant principals, political directorate, community members etc. Once employed with the MoEY&I you will learn time management and develop strategies as to how to deal with difficult staff members. Management skill are sharpened since you must take responsibility for your performance. Workplace culture is important in that it can either break you or make you as an employee. A positive workplace culture will enhance performance, improve creativity and improve working relationships. The most difficult part of the job is treating with the challenges that are presented based on the nature and available resources to do so. Being a support officer my most enjoyable aspect of the job is practicing altruism at all times. Lending a hand and holding a hand giving hope to someone.
There are some advantages related to schooling senior managers job.It s an application area for what we research and studied .A lot of theories and orientations may be less worth without the criteria of reality .It s a subordinated in hierarchical positions as it orients all meaningful operations which are related to administrative and planned work .The main obstacle is the last development and enhancement of.structure and function of leadership and models of evaluation .Such evaluation is often a dynamic and a conclusion of deepened and methodological analysis .Educational administration should be independent and radically autonomous to be close to the nature of ed institutions .
Pros
Weak responsiveness of highly positioned managers
Cons
Available aids and incentives
Great opportunity for financial gain. The cultural differences can be challenging. The country views on religion, education gender roles, etc are an adjustment for a western professional. The position does provide an opportunity to live abroad and travel on your off time. A memorable experience that improved my pedagogy, knowledge and interpersonal communication skills.
Pros
travel, good pay
Cons
infrastructual complications, antiquated vision for societal gender roles
a day of work involved receiving, storing and issuing of materials as requested by the internal users ( user departments). It was all a learning process at the ministry as each day came with its own work challenge. Here I mainly dealt with suppliers and internal customers and you realise that each client is different thus calling for an all round character to handle each one as they come. it was a very interesting carrier as I met many people and made new friends from time to time. the hardest part was when suppliers would deliver goods that do not meet specifications.
Pros
Pensionable job, maternity and annual leave provisions
Cons
little salary increament at the end of year
The Ministry of Education does not do its job as there should be no development programs for teachers or the development of schools nor health insurance for employees. Salaries are also very low
> Working days were from Monday to Friday from 0800 hrs to 1700 hrs and had a 1 hour lunch break. > The government financial working system called Integrated Financial Management Information System (I.F.M.I.S). > Management was very supportive. > People were very friendly and helped one another in any area that one was stuck. > During closing of the financial year people had to work for extended hours. > There were tea and even lunches on some occasions.
Pros
Some of the time
Cons
System failures