Ministry of Education

Ministry of Education Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,098 reviews
My work place is educative because lot of workshop by training and equipped me on my weak areas. The team is a very instrumental and effective in their work
Pros
Reasonable food affordability
Cons
Expecting good health care
Working for the MOE has many pros and cons. It ultimately depends on which school you work in (of which you have no choice). Whilst some schools follow a laid back routine, others are very tough on their teachers and drown them in work. For me, the hardest part of the job is the students' behaviour, especially being a young woman working in a boys' high school (I am hoping to transfer schools after summer). However, luckily my school is very laid back and I have never had tremendous pressure from above. The most enjoyable part of the job is the rewarding aspect of helping students progress and make great achievements, also building relationships with other staff. Management has its faults. I find that students often find out important information before the teachers. The MOE are hard to contact, and their head office is open for limited hours. A fellow teacher described the job as 'glorified babysitting with printer access', and I could not have worded it better myself.
Pros
School timings, holidays, rewarding aspects
Cons
Students behaviour, lack of communication, short notice, heavy workload
Managing schools is your personality. The end product is always valued and appreciated. Communication has been always the hardest part, but if you apply patience to you work and expectation you get rewarded eventually.
Pros
There's always someone to recognize you and appreciate the service you have rendered to this country
Cons
financial benefits not being monitored and taken care of to most of the meaningful work
I enjoy interacting with the students and spending as much time teaching and sharing stories with the students. The teachers all have a good relationship with me and I enjoy being there for the students. The hardest part of the job is meeting deadlines and getting students to pay attention. The most enjoyable part of the job is the students being happy and enjoying school.
Pros
Culture of school
Cons
Noise distractions
leadership management budgeting forecasting business analytics decision making project delivery meet target meet scope business analytics quality and governance
I taught all the subjects on the curriculum to the class that I was assigned to. The students ages' ranged from five to fifteen. The students were lovely to work with. They were motivated and well behaved. They enjoyed the schoolwork. Management varied from one school to another. Generally the management was very good, even under the most stressful conditions. Beside teaching class, I was also the Physical Education Teacher. This meant that in each school that I taught in, I had to teach Physical Education and carry out sports programs for Sports Day. I drew up all the events, and had to choose out all the finalists who would be participating on Sports Day. On Sports Day all the parents and teachers came out to participate in athletics. Beside all this I taught cricket and soccer to the students of each of the five schools that I taught in, and then we competed against other schools. In each school that I taught in the schools moved up in their grading in their districts. The most enjoyable part of the job was to teach the students their academics and sports, and to see the schools improve in their grading in the various districts.
Pros
I enjoyed a fine time with the students and their parents
A typical day at work consist on teaching lesson, takin attendance, design lesson plans, grading activities. I learn to work with peers designing lesson plans for teaching English and Spanish. The culture came out from the interaction with the students. The hardest part the lack of the technological supplies in the classroom.
Pros
Work hours
Cons
Short breaks
Working is routine and lacks dynamic challenges. Career moves on a horizontal plane as the apex of one's ability and capability is not fully realised.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Dental care
A very good experience to work for the education of my country, helping to ensure that public resources are destined for good practices. So also contribute to the Chilean children's access to a quality education
This job was an incredible experience and learning opportunity. To experience work in another country is something I recommend everyone to do. I learned many valuable skills from this job.
Los salarios eran nefastos. Los salarios no compensaban el nivel de vida.
Pros
Los maestros bien preparados.
Cons
Salarios eran super ínfimo
The workplace is currently boring.There is much to be proud of due to low salaries and high inflation.The current state of affairs is not encouraging to all professionals.
I work in the Ministry of Education in Kuwait. It is a nice place to work with a team and using different technology. I use PowerBuilder to build a desktop application
All days consist of a steady flow of work with many deadlines to meet. There are no slow periods there is always work to be done. From this job i have learnt how to properly manage my name in order to meet all deadlines. Management is efficient at times but there is room for improvement. The culture of the organization is one of productivity, not much friendly relationships among heads and lower level staff. The hardest part of the job is nothing. I t is manageable. Most enjoyable part is the few events where everyone(all sections) gets to come together and get to know each other.
I only had the chance to work in the ministry of education for one year because I was working with ADEK but according to my experience and my workplace the working hours were too much especially if we are 4 teachers working in the same place and different grade so students are not really focusing
Pros
Housing
Cons
Charged scheduling
Great place to work and learn new technology. the staff are nice and the overall its good place to get your skill done. i was working there for 5 years.
A typical day in school would be mostly spent with children with new things been taught and the exciting ways of having a conversation with them when they share stories from home with their friends and also to us teachers.It is also an exhausting day since we have to deal with 38 children inside the classroom and also conduct assembly for 300+ kids when its your turn for duties.The most enjoyable part is having to see those kids able to read or seeing that what you teach is effective.
Pros
seeing my slow readers able read
Cons
no free lunch
Workin a nice social and natural workplace. I developed teaching skills through experience, individual studies, and training. The hardest part of the job is the students' learning and discipline. The most enjoyable part of the job is the students' progress and satisfaction from my teaching.
Pros
good working enviroment
Cons
loimited career development
I learned and improved on Administration and office experience. I worked closely with the Principal in an elementary school. I was responsible for all incoming and outgoing school supplies, mail and other correspondence. I did all data entry for the school, ensured the proper running of the school administration office and did financial records of income and spending of school funds alongside the Principal.
Pros
I got off work at three because it was a school
Cons
There was no room for promotion
My work as a teacher under the Ministry of Education was really wonderful. My typical day included attending school meetings with the headmaster, teach classes, mark exercises and record marks for my students.
Pros
Three months holiday
Cons
too remote
I worked with great people but it was not safe to continue working there, it was day work Monday to Friday and it was great job and good money but I had to leave.