Ministry of Law

Ministry of Law Employee Reviews

Singapore6 reviews
The most happiest place ive ever worked at so many fun and jovial people and workers.literly met all the law firm ministers anf lawyers..learned alot of good values and morals.
Cons
Would sometimes require working beyond working hours. Nonetheless, fun working colleagues. Organisation is a good learning platform but will take time for progression.
My typical day at Ministry of Law is as follows:
1) Analysed payment invoices obtained from CPF board & the Central Depository Board to create payment bills for payment purposes.

2) Also helped manager and other senior employees with work that is outside my field such as making payment tickets for CPF imbursements and crediting to minors which have attained age.

3) Took the initiative to perform urgent tasks and tasks outside of job scope to facilitate work efficiency in department.

What i love about this company is that it is a whole rounded company. Also, i was privileged to be working under my supervisor because she is a very understanding and capable boss.

The hardest part of the job comes in when i am tasked to look for relatives of the deceased but was unable to get any solid information either because they have no relatives or they have moved house and did not notify the Public Trustee's Office.

I enjoy working alongside my supervisor and learning a lot from her through my stint.
Pros
Company parties
Cons
Does not provide welfare for temporary staff.
- Doing review cases
-Learnt time management

-Learnt further on administration such as filing, maintaining records

-A lot of work and this job requires prioritizing duties given
Pros
Own time Own target. Just get the job done for the day.
Cons
Dealing with dusty files which leads to ezcema
Our Overall jobscope is to Liase with Higher officers to assist Member of Publics on their queries.

I am in the email division and therefore will hit atleast 1800 emails per month. This required me to be very fast in reading and understanding the queries and replying back to the MOP.

Our team is very friendly and co-operative. We work hand in hand keeping the MOP our 1st priority.

The hardest part of the job is when you have a difficult MOP who keeps insisting on their needs despite explaining to them the rules and regulations. This is when we try our level best to escalate the issues and resolve it for them.

The most enjoyable part of my job is, no matter how stressful our job is, my team members are like a family. we joke about and keep each other motivated to perform.

Basically, i have learnt alot about the bankruptcy rulesand regulations and how the ministry Of law works to help the citizens.
Pros
timing
Cons
high volume
Work is exciting, new challanges in every case, working with many different legal officers.