Ministry of Manpower

Ministry of Manpower Employee Reviews

Collated and verified data through liaising with companies in Singapore so it was productive and fun..................................................
Temp staff for 1 year. Enjoyed my working life at MOM, HQ. Lucky to be in group of staff who is willing to teach, show and guide thru my learning journey.
I learnt more about data entry and the environment was pretty fast-paced. However, the workplace culture was good and my colleagues aided me in this period.
The location is very centralized. the office is surrounded with amenities example MRT Stations, bus stops, shopping centres, eateries. Very convenient and lots of good food.
Culture is toxic as there is a lot of wayang and roti prata, meaning that as a contract staff, you're the first to bear the brunt should anything happen. Would only recommend as a permanent staff and not as a contracted staff unless you enjoy being treated as a second class citizen
Fast Paced environment, increased your ability to multi task due to the workload and deadlines. Workplace culture was fair ( depends ). Hardest part of the job is to juggle your personal time with work and to ensure that you do not have to bring back you work back home as you are not paid Over time or more than the average, won't be able to determine your progression in your work path career.
Good place as a stepping stone to kick-start your career. Flexible work arrangements and decent welfare on an organisation level. A place for consideration for good job security.
good company, stable job, good training, fixed hours, don't need to work overtime, good team mates, good location, steady income, can go home on time,
All contract staff can only work for 1 year without further extension even all your colleagues and bosses are very happy with your prompt and efficient job. All appeals for my renewal & extension from our colleagues and bosses to MOM HR are rejected.
Pros
Enjoy free lunches & snacks
Cons
Not happy with MOM new system- 1 year policy for contract staff only
I had a blast working at the Ministry of Manpower for a good 6 to 7 years and was really blessed to be in such a flexible work environment with a lot of good friends and caring superiors.
Pros
Very Good Salary
Cons
Government Firms can't repeatedly renew contract over and over again.
There is an environment for growth and allows one to learn many skills such as customer service, data entry, interpersonal skills and more. Definitely a good place to acquire skills especially for young people
Office Interviewer has to handle call in from the public. Nothing much to learn. Workplace culture is different from where I came from. Most enjoyable part is we have very good team work but the management had to break up the team.
Fun and enjoyable. Supportive team to work with. Helpful colleagues to work with. Hardest part of the job when i first started was to remember each cases and the respective officers in charge that handles each case. However after about a month or so, i started to get the hang of it with the help of colleagues.
Pros
staff lunch
Cons
challenging
I completed a 2-year contract as an Insolvency Executive. I enjoyed good salary remuneration and good staff benefits. Supervisors were very approachable.
Pros
Regular staff gatherings and outings.
Cons
Heavy work load
This was my very first part-time job after my high school graduation. It was a good platform for me to learn about the "office culture" and how to converse with people from the industry. I learned many organizational skills which I still utilize such as keeping my documents in proper folders as well as ensuring I pen down my nearing deadlines. This keeps me up to date to complete my respective tasks.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
I was very happy and enjoyed my almost 4 years working at customer responsiveness depart of MOM. Not only my my reporting Officer and all other officers, but all the colleagues I worked with at the MOM Service Centre were very supportive and caring. They encouraged me all the time, especially whenever I faced any difficult time during my work period.
Pros
Comfortable working hours, working place and environment
Cons
Difficult to stand and walking from one corner to another corner was painful.
Call centre handle difficult customers and colleagues hardest - convincing employers of nt revealing personal data enjoying - colleagues and trainers
My jobscope is to interview the new foreign domestic worker that have come to Singapore to work for the very first time. Besides interviewing those FDWs, I am also task to create letters that to send to the employers regarding the interview of their FDWs. Handles of enquiries from the employers and rescheduling of appointment. Everyday, we meet different kind people and we learned how hard for them to adjust themselves in a foreign country just to support their family in terms of financial and also for the future of their young ones.
Pros
Independent work space
Cons
Contract basis. No benefits.
Fun workplace with lots of hands on experience. I was able to conduct surveys face to face as well as via calls to the selected panels which allowed me to hone my communication skills.
Verified Data Data entry Call respondents to Validate Data Ad hoc duties Boring office job. Colleagues do not interact.
most enjoyable part of my job, is went out to shipyard even thought it is hot weather .
Pros
free lunch