Ministry of Social and Family Development
Ministry of Social and Family Development Employee Review

Fun and enriching internship experience

May 14, 2020
We got to interact with staff from different agencies and had opportunities to attend various meetings that our supervisor had to sit in, which gave us a broad overview of the different stakeholders and help needed to support out beneficiaries.
May 10, 2019
Same roleSame location
Intern (Former Employee) - Thomson
I found the work at the Ministry of Social and Family Development extremely meaningful and fulfilling, and was surrounded by many wonderful colleagues during my time there.
November 4, 2016
Same role
Intern (Former Employee) - Yishun
Interesting working experiences with different clients. Learnt about the needs and concerns of the public and was able to understand how to go about to help them receive financial and employment assistance. Management was absolutely encouraging and motivated me to be confident in my operations. They taught me a lot and also were very friendly and cohesive. Co-workers were very humble and educated me with the relevant information crucial for a social worker. The hardest part of the job was honestly leaving the organization. The whole experience and lessons were enjoyable.
Pros
Cohesive, Educative and Beneficial
Cons
March 7, 2020
Research Intern (Former Employee) - Singapore
The people in MSF are friendly and willing to help me familiarise with the job scope at the Ministry. My supervisor even gave me a personalised feedback on my work performance after my internship ends. This allows me to know which areas to improve on in my future career. I am thankful for the opportunity to put what I learnt in uni to good use. learnt in universi