Ministry of Social and Family Development

Ministry of Social and Family Development Culture reviews

I learned how to conduct literature review for various questionnaire, creating survey questionnaires using different platforms and the workplace culture there is really fun and overall it was an enjoyable experience for me.
On a daily basis people work in clearing their cases for approval on top of meeting clients. The department I was in particularly work "behind the scenes", meeting community partners, having meetings and networking sessions to discuss/brain storm on how they can work together to help the community.
I have work there for 1 year. Is a awesome place to work. I have learn about of things and different types of work there. People there are so helpful and friendly. I'm so happy to get an opportunity to work there.
A fun place to work in with friendly peers,colleagues and supervisors who also provide proper guidance and support. I look forward towards working every day starting from 0830 to 1800 hours.
Pros
Flexible time in and out of work
Cons
For me, the location is a bit far for me as I live in the East side.
The staff work stagger hours. Everybody do their work quietly as there are a lot to be done. Occasionally, the staff discussed among themselves for work to be improved and brought them up to the managers. The management is good and everybody works as a team.
Interesting working experiences with different clients. Learnt about the needs and concerns of the public and was able to understand how to go about to help them receive financial and employment assistance. Management was absolutely encouraging and motivated me to be confident in my operations. They taught me a lot and also were very friendly and cohesive. Co-workers were very humble and educated me with the relevant information crucial for a social worker. The hardest part of the job was honestly leaving the organization. The whole experience and lessons were enjoyable.
Pros
Cohesive, Educative and Beneficial
Cons
The culture of working here had been an educational experience. I have learn to be organized and efficient when handled closed archiving files. The people that I have worked with have been welcoming.
Pros
Flexible lunch breaks
Cons
Working alone
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Ministry of Social and Family Development?