MSD Employee Reviews

A nice place to work in, good exposure to a dynamic aspect of HR! Within the HRBP team, we work efficiently with different Client groups and division of the Company which gives me the opportunity to learn and experience HR in a different level.
Well established company to work in,happy culture,balance work life. Very understanding management to work with. But no career prospect as too many foreign talent
I started my work at here through internship and then contract-based. The management itself overall is alright. The workplace culture can be toxic especially with a boss that has a stuck-up mindset with poor flexibility. The hardest part was to understand a boss that tries to beat around the bushes till sun rises.
Pros
free drinks; good work-life balance; great colleagues not boss
Cons
bad location; no lunch provided have to drive out; boss that cannot understand its workers
Good workplace with amble opportunities for self improvement through training, promotion in position both laterally and vertically. Employee fringe benefits on par with market practice.
A good company to work for as it was fun to work there. The management and the work place culture was good. The hardest part was that to ensure the payment was approved on time so that the payment could go out smoothly. The most enjoyable part was that we had a good team work as a team.
Attented tier meeting everyday.planing day to day activity.performed preventive maintenance and corrective maintenance.closed all ppm into maximo.maintain amd monitoring warehouse temperature and humitidy system.
Food waste recycling plant.Do many R & D projects learned lot of new things foe enviroment and waste water management. Alos good experience in scrubber and water treatment
As a chemist in MSD, work is very fast paced and results has to be released accurately and timely in the expected number of hours. Learnt to manage the stress to handle a team of 5 that supports the analysis of samples for the whole shift, to be able to solve problems encountered by team-mates/ provide right advice so to not cause any delay in the release of results. To be able to plan ahead of schedule to be prepared for any emergencies that could cause any potential delays. To be able to manage enquires for the Management and colleagues from various departments. Management has high expectation with respect to the quality of work in the expected time, right first time for all the analysis, safety and good GMP / GDP. Hardest part of the job would be to time management. To delegate the work load fairly to their capabilities/ capacity, to plan and oversee the whole team and process from production. To be able to complete analysis on hand, adhoc matters and also review results timely and accurately. To attend to enquiries by various colleagues and the Management Team. The most enjoyable part of the job is to be able to meet all expectations within the deadline with no mistakes and to be able to work with a great team of capable / efficient personnel. To be able to a great work/family/friends balance.
Pros
Great work/family/friends balance, to be able to learn to work under a stress environment
Cons
shift lab mainly handles in-process testing to support production and batch completion schedule. the working environment is good, all teammates are well bonded and helping each other
What You Do : Expect to be an expert in everything (MS Office, IT, Presentations, Training) but no training provided. Expect to advance your career at your own time & cost. Expect to ask questions to your Manager at your own peril. Expect to put in additional hours without recognition. What You can Expect : Good salary & bonus. Long hours (no recognition or reward). No training (except with your own time-off and cost). Lack of internal advancement. Lack of communication from top management (ask questions and expect generic response).
Pros
Canteen quality food, Free transport (limited availability).
Cons
Refer to my reviews.
It is basically a good company to work with. They have good staff welfare as well as nice colleagues who will help you when you need help. they have good work-life balance.
MSD is a company that believe in advancing supply chain, with their adoption in system capability and constantly find tuning the processes across the Global and region.
Pros
Good system adoption
Cons
always hire contracts staff
Team work and good communication is maintained in this company. Good documentation and manufacturing practice are always priority. Workplace culture is friendly and always willing to help one another. Management ensures that everyone is comfortable and able to work well.
Pros
work and life balance is important in the company
Cons
difficult to get to if not taking the shuttle bus
awesome environment. good benefit friendly management staff perfect shift pattern. great management system and management leaders. priority safety first and quality always.
What I like most about working with MSD Tuas South plant was its flexible working hour. The bosses were very cooperative and helpful. I felt like a family with all the team members. We get along very well and always helping each other to get things done. I really enjoyed my job and it was the best company I ever worked for. It was a productive and fun workplace.
Pros
Lunch subsidised
Cons
A great place to work. Good environment. Friendly colleagues. Good medical benefits. Flexible working hours. Lunch subsidised. Transport provided including transport allowance.
Pros
Lunch subsidised and cooked daily in the halal canteen at the plant.
Cons
Long hours sometimes.
capex management,opex management,vendor management, cost control, time scheduling and safety management . overall incharge of project design/project charter/cost control/sourcing/installation/commissioning/validation and qualification protocol.
Pros
frre lunches
Cons
Lots to learn and given opportunities. Enjoyed team work with colleagues and bosses form various divisions. At times work can be challenging but getting lots of support from bosses.
Pros
colleagues
Cons
lots of changes and too fast.
a typical day at work always starts with getting things done ASAP once I reach the company, once I've done my routine work I would help other people by assisting them (what they need e.g documents) and sometimes would help for projects that need to be done in an instant. I have learned how to work in a fast-paced environment, to be cautious at all times! Everyone's SAFETY is their number 1 priority. The workplace culture is nice, everyone has different backgrounds, came from different places, are of different colours, different languages but has the same respect for each other which made me comfortable working there. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I'm given tasks to do, it keeps me busy paranoid stressed but at the same time I'm learning about myself (my strengths and weaknesses).
Not too much for an intern to talk about as it was quite some years back. overall good impression, nice colleagues. pharmaceutical industry market is always in good shape.
Has a good process of guidance to set people up for success in the tasks allocated to them. Every day is interesting with new challenges and investigations and there is always avenues to feedback to ensure that you get the support you need to complete your work.