MSD Salary & Benefits reviews

Singapore36 reviews
What I like most about working with MSD Tuas South plant was its flexible working hour. The bosses were very cooperative and helpful. I felt like a family with all the team members. We get along very well and always helping each other to get things done. I really enjoyed my job and it was the best company I ever worked for. It was a productive and fun workplace.
Pros
Lunch subsidised
Cons
Good workplace with amble opportunities for self improvement through training, promotion in position both laterally and vertically. Employee fringe benefits on par with market practice.
What You Do : Expect to be an expert in everything (MS Office, IT, Presentations, Training) but no training provided. Expect to advance your career at your own time & cost. Expect to ask questions to your Manager at your own peril. Expect to put in additional hours without recognition.

What You can Expect : Good salary & bonus. Long hours (no recognition or reward). No training (except with your own time-off and cost). Lack of internal advancement. Lack of communication from top management (ask questions and expect generic response).
Pros
Canteen quality food, Free transport (limited availability).
Cons
Refer to my reviews.
A great place to work. Good environment. Friendly colleagues.
Good medical benefits. Flexible working hours. Lunch subsidised. Transport provided including transport allowance.
Pros
Lunch subsidised and cooked daily in the halal canteen at the plant.
Cons
Long hours sometimes.
Great chance to exercise sales skills and build up professional repo with Doctors and Nurse in hospitals. Always on the move, Good time to travel.
Pros
Lots of Freeies, Lunches, Flex work hours
Cons
This job is Not suitable for interoverted person
During my 6 year working in MSD, I have gained intensive training on laboratory and documentation skills.

My trainers were very patient and always provide guidance to make sure that I was competent to perform certain task. I have learnt to be a good planner to meet the tight timeline and a good team player.

The hardest part of this job was dealing with conflict among different teams.There were always unforeseen problems raised during own shift and if other team was not considerate enough, this might create misunderstanding and strained the relationship between different teams.

The fun part working here was when working in the in-process control laboratory where there were only 3-4 people in a team. Team mates worked hand-in-hand and helped one another to get the job done to provide support to the production. We got motivated from each other to get the job done.
Pros
Transport Allowance, early dismiss on Friday
Cons
Far working location