Murata Electronics Singapore Pte Ltd

Murata Electronics Singapore Pte Ltd Employee Reviews

Singapore11 reviews
a typical day at work
Just routine work pretty much every day. Depends up on the reporting manager
Production and safety
Very good company as I working until now. working environmental, safe work place, team work, highly skilled , more trained people. excellent management.
Bad
Management was bad; due to the fact that they are old timers and still carry on the old ways of management. It is too result base culture and not a people base culture. Most managers there only want to stay till retirement. As a result; they mainly concern about protecting themselves and actually not doing their job as a manager. My job is to make my immediate boss successful but they don't welcome the idea and they are not interested in groom talents internally. They seems to be too comfortable in their own world. They do not bring the best out of everyone and they are the main resistance to changes.

However, there are still a small numbers of able people in the organization and i believe if given opportunities; they are able to contribute more and a much more value asset.

Overall, its a good place to work if you want to slack.
最难的事情
现在知道是有一点规模的电子厂都有不少人,现在很多学习不怎么好的年轻人,毕业后可能直接就进厂上班, 每天上班很累,工作也比较枯燥无味,每天的生活感觉都差不多 ..
Very good work environment
Nice to work in this company & lot things I learn from this company .very energetic employees
Lot of challenging project I handled

High productivity lines.with very good quality
production
good enviroment working place, very friendly workers food subsidies by management, good company bonus, working places very safety place, company provides transport
Pros
food sudsidies
Cons
12 hours
Work is ok but sometimes become not ok.it happen when the machine problem n nobody take care..just ask why not achieve output..already know the machine problem..
Pros
Subsidy meal
Cons
Long hour
Productive and Fun workplace
Interesting workplace, Better Atmosphere, equal opportunity for all talents, fun filled co workers, enjoying workplace, Easy to implement new ideas and concepts
Pros
Free Drink for hot area technicians
Cons
12 hours work
Good
For working and timing is good .,currently I am working in12 hours shift and rotating .,also 4-2 working pattern it's mean 4 day work and 2 days off.can analyse data and leanings when you face some difficulties at work.
Pros
Have a canteen ., have to pay
Cons
12 hours
This is place of being together and achieve together
The work is more interlinked with other dept and even countries. The compnay provides a better worklife balance. While management style is very much Japanese and individuals have less recognition and more focus on group value, communications, trust building. Therefore buiding a team is very important to support your goals. Be it to achieve your individual goals or company goal. Winning the trust of Japanese bosses is extremely important if you don't you are no one. The growth will not happen if there is no trust amongst Japanese management. Therefore having a good relation with co-worker and higher management is very important. Performance is key for success as everywhere else.
Being came from very strong western type of culture I am still not adapted to Japanese culture that well but somehow I manage with the help of my senior local management.

I love the the closeness between various level staff. The challenges thrown by the job can be tackle easily if you have support of others as we don't work alone in big organization. The good relation and positive attitute is key for success. .
Pros
Job scope changes every 3-4 years, Learning new skills, opportunity to travel
Cons
Limited vertical growth, Japanese only policy for some positions, Poor profitability
High demand for work and a Fast phase working environment
A typical day at work is an everyday struggle to find new things to develop new process and to come up with the best solution to improve the company product and processes.

I've learned on how to deal with different kinds of people with different types of working style and working attitude. And to top on that, working in a Japanese company is big challenge on how you cope with its fast approach on all things.

The most enjoyable part of working in Murata is that you learn not just about the process, not just the product and also how to survive in everyday life.