Nanyang Polytechnic

Nanyang Polytechnic Employee Reviews

Singapore21 reviews
Great environment to work in, good benefits, students are really nice and willing to work hard. Nice food at the foodcourt. Fellow colleagues are always ready to lend a listening ear or a helping hand.
Pros
lots of events, benefits
Cons
heavy workload
I was interning in Customer Experience and Analytics Centre in Nanyang Polytechnic for approximately 2 months during my final year. The experience has shaped me into knowing what it is like in the business industry as I get to meet the client and helped them in improving their business such as e-commerce. This has provided me a better insight of my capabilities and how to improve myself overall in terms of hard and soft skills such as learning new applications to improve the e-commerce and communication skills in the team and to the client.
As an intern in Nanyang Polytechnic, I was attached to the e-commerce team where we deal with clients for their social media pages and website design.
Great environment for students with no background in the industry. Provide best learning exposure and opportunities to gain knowledge and experience that cannot be obtained elsewhere.
Can plan own module
Flexible working hours

Good pay

Open colleagues

Helpful colleagues

Have good equipment for teaching

Cheap food in schools

Near MRT
This job was quite hard but I can hold it, I have a lot of local friends and they taught me about culture and many things include English Singaporean style.
Pros
new friends, adaptation, independence
Cons
short time
SIDM has poor management but the other diplomas and the Polytechnic as a corporation are much better. Loads of paperwork and busywork. School invests well in infrastructure and technology. Every school functions as a separate unit so some are great and others are a disaster.
Pros
Vacation days, salary
Cons
Management is poor
New initiatives almost every week to boost our learning. Great learning opportunities as we dealt with projects from corporates such as working with a IT company for telemarketing and working on clients' projects for their E-Commerce platforms. The workplace culture is enjoyable. The hardest part of the job is being able to react to unexpected situations like shut down of computers. The most enjoyable part of the job is the friendly workers and supervisors.
Pros
air-con environment
Cons
the program was too short
Basically data entry and events assistance. Learned how to sort students into their courses. Workplace culture is amiable. Hardest part is having to sort thousands of applicants. Enjoyable part: none.
Pros
Good working environment. Management is good
Cons
low pay. so low.
Good working relationship with colleagues. It is a good working environment if teaching is the passion.
However, career advancement needs to be improved.
Pros
Fixed working time
Cons
Too many CCAs
Wonderful director of school and superiors. The working culture and colleagues are amazing in overall. Hardest part of Job is to work and be mindful about the governmental red tapes and most enjoyable part of the job is the job satisfaction being in educational institute with superiors recognition.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Workload at times can be high
Being a project engineer for four years in Nanyang polytechnic, i really enjoy the working environment. My work is mainly involved in the research and development project related to big data storage, data security and data analytics. besides the R&D project, i also participate in the industry project and students' supervision.
Good place to work. Friendly colleagues and the new Principal is very pro staff, which is a nice gesture. Very good work life balance whilst working in School of Health Sciences, Nanyang Polytechnic.
I was given the role of an editorial intern in Contineo Media, I contributed for a couple of magazines, namely Television Asia Plus and Asia Image. I was also active in the process of Apollo Awards which gave me ample of experiences in the media industry.
Maintaining Training and technical support for educational workshops for student
Basic Technical Skills

Management were supportive

Balanced work

Supportive team
Benefits
Cons
Career Path
Enjoyable only if teaching is a passion.
Given there is still administrative work, but that should be expected in any organisation.

View the job holistic, then enjoyment and satisfaction will follow.
Central location. However work culture and system may not be easy for someone from corporate to adapt. Benefits are also not attractive particularly on medical.
I learnt how to maintain and manage the daily operations of a laboratory and operating various sophisticated equipment.I have great colleagues and I enjoy working with them as we will come together and help each other whenever needed.
举办讲座。
强化发言能力,对教育界有更强的领悟。

管理层对员工仁慈,做工环境佳。

同事合作。

工作较难处在于工作重复性高,挑战水平较低。

工作好处是准时上下班。
Pros
福利佳
Cons
缺乏挑战和提升空间
Very enjoyable working experience that i gained from this traineeship at the Nanyang Dragon Boat Team, as i also learnt how to effectively coach youth athletes utilizing a good blend of both sports science knowledge, and practical coaching experience and cues.

I helped analyze the paddling techniques of the team's paddlers, as well as their lifting and movement technique during their physical training at the gym. My role also allowed me to provide some input and advice petaining to strength and conditioning training methods.
Pros
Enjoyment of watching the paddlers improve
Doing training and development is an exciting & challenging work scope.
Fellow colleagues are supportive and friendly to work with, never fail to render any support when needed.
Pros
good staff benefits
Cons
on contract basis -lack of job security