Nanyang Technological University

Nanyang Technological University Employee Reviews

Good to retire

Good work life balance, good benefits, learning stagnates after a while. Pay on the lower end but there is bonus and AWS. The merit increment is almost like nothing.

Pros

Good for retirement

Cons

Nothing to learn, too specialised roles

Focused on goals, supportive staff

NTU is a fun place to work. The salary is competitive. If I have a chance to go back, I would. My colleagues and my supervisor were always helpful in supporting me in and out of office. I am always thankful for that.

Pros

Green environment, many canteens

Cons

career advancement is not opaque enough.

Productive place

It’s great owner to me work with Ntu , nice place And productive prof and engineer ,,, really nice place and nice people , nice food and nice campus,,,,

Opportunities to show one capability. Management recognises contribution and reward accordingly. Materials Research Centre.

Prepare lectures and tutorials. Supervise laboratories. Ensure safety of personnel and workplace. Ensure funds requested are spent in financial year.

Pros

Opportunities to excel

Cons

Evaluation of teaching and research need to be more transparent and quantitative.

Research is fun

Poor management, lab environment good, budget poor, policies not well planned and favour management, incentives not always attractive, transport allowance not provided

Poor Experience with Direct Supervisor

Old timer are big time bully and they are worried that they might be replaced by newly joined staff. There was no on-boarding, no briefing, no introduction to the team. Work done can be over ride by immediate supervisor without informing you. Basically it is a waste of time working for an old timer as they will never accept any of your suggestions.

Pros

Nice Environment

Cons

Poor Management

Ambiente di lavoro molto interessante

Ho svolto presso questa università un tirocinio nel quale ho lavorato sul mio progetto di tesi di laurea magistrale. Effettuavo giornalmente analisi di Gas Cromatografia accoppiata a spettrometria di massa. Ho inviato dei campioni di DNA ad una azienda di Singapore ed ho interpretato le analisi di metagenomica.

bureaucratic working environment

Essentially, staff do not possess business centric mindset and have strong tendency to continual dependent upon Government working principles and framework.

Friendly environment

Lab work and research on project are the main content. I've learned that the crucial thing is to make enough preparation and investigation and risk assessment before starting experiment. The most enjoyable part of the job is good activity of the materials that I synthesized. The hardest is that my work can't get the recognition.

Productive and calm workplace

Working in NTU is amazing. The cross-culture work experience I've gained while working with different professionals of different backgrounds is definitely an eye-opening learning experience. As an independent researcher, I was given the trust and responsibility to perform my task and duties accordingly. I was trained to be an independent worker and was given ample opportunity to enhance my interpersonal and communication skills.

Bad Culture, No work life balance

It is a authoritarian culture, where old birds could find ways to let the new comers do a lot of things that they should handle. Bosses have not advocate work life balance, difficult to take leave, expect to reply to urgent email everyday even around midnight.

Productive and interactive workplace

Its a friendly and interactive workplace to learn more on the emerging technologies and improve our research and project management skills. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know and interact with many knowledgeable people everyday.

Productive and fun workplace

I had a very good experience working at National Technological University My bosses were good and understanding. Colleagues were collegial and helpful

Good university to study

Learnt a lot regarding mechanical engineering and had the opportunity to do research as a final year project.Able to learn soft skills by interacting with students of different cultures and background through numerous group projects and assignments

Productive and good team spirit

Handle and reply all customer email enquiries. Check through the day's (and following day's) guest arrivals, especially the charges to collect or whether any errors in billing.

Pros

Mostly able to request for the annual leave period wanted

Cons

Some peak periods can be quite stressful but still manageable

Not a fun place

Typical day- Slow paced and un-productive Learned nothing new Management is the worst, no respect for talent, no chance to grow and too much politics Culture is not nurturing and not enjoyable

Lots of politics

Lots of politics and nasty bosses. Bosses monitor work extremely closely making you uncomfortable. Steal your ideas without recognizing you nor appreciating your ef

Productive, joyful work experience.

It is been a very pleasant experience. The supervisor, managing team and colleagues are very supportive and friendly. Have a very good research facility and environment.

Long day of work

There is always multi-task for many jobs for one salary and you will feel the pressure not to solve issues but to relieve the pressure from top management.

Pros

Work Life Balance

Cons

Pressure

Very beautiful and green campus

Cosmopolitan environment to learn and grow from people of other cultures. Very safe campus. Very fast paced research. Work culture is fine. Food is good.

Good for retirement

If you are a fast-pace person, you will often feel frustrated in the slow-pace working environment. Managers will comment that you have nothing to do if you complete your task faster than others. Crazily strong politics within a small department. High turnover rate. But of course, it really depends on which department you go to. I have seen happy colleagues from other departments with great bosses though. So, good luck!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nanyang Technological University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Nanyang Technological University