Nanyang Technological University

Nanyang Technological University Employee Reviews for Executive

Executive8 reviews
Singapore8 reviews

Workplace culture

I have a reporting officer who is very nice to be with all the times. She taught me how to be a fast learner while working as I am still a fresh graduate. I learn many things in this position too.

Pros

Flexible Lunch

Cons

Siting arrangement

Research is fun

Poor management, lab environment good, budget poor, policies not well planned and favour management, incentives not always attractive, transport allowance not provided

Bad Culture, No work life balance

It is a authoritarian culture, where old birds could find ways to let the new comers do a lot of things that they should handle. Bosses have not advocate work life balance, difficult to take leave, expect to reply to urgent email everyday even around midnight.

Routine and secure jobs

Jobs were great and routine. Basically it all technically and computerised. Working with university students and research staff in the engineering environment. Maintaining all the hardware and softwares of the computers and equipments. Repairing and troubleshooting of all equipments and computers related problems.

Pros

Lots of free conferences and training to attain

Cons

very routine

Closely Knitted Workplace

I got along very well with my colleagues, who taught me a lot on the job. We cooperated with one another, and frequently went out for dinners. It was a cohesive work environment.

Executive

Great colleagues and environment. Need to improve on the new systems. Good work life balance though more can be done such as work from home scheme.

Quite &peaceful working environment

Everyday is different without any routine duties. Fieldwork is challenging as it needs initiative & attend to problems on site that cannot be anticipated. Must be creative in setting up of field stations as sites are not always typical. A lot of hands on

Pros

Flexible time to suit the nature of work

Cons

Transportation issues due to remote locations

A good learning platform.

A good environment to learn, work as a team and finishing work within deadlines. Co-workers were friendly and helpful. Toughest part of job was handling difficult students especially foreign students.

Pros

Good benefits for permanent staff

Cons

Limited scope for job enhancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nanyang Technological University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Nanyang Technological University Reviews by Location

Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?