Nanyang Technological University

Nanyang Technological University Employee Reviews for Research Assistant

Research Assistant14 reviews
Singapore14 reviews

Productive and calm workplace

Working in NTU is amazing. The cross-culture work experience I've gained while working with different professionals of different backgrounds is definitely an eye-opening learning experience. As an independent researcher, I was given the trust and responsibility to perform my task and duties accordingly. I was trained to be an independent worker and was given ample opportunity to enhance my interpersonal and communication skills.

Research work are sometimes stressful but interesting

Working as a RA there. The school got the support you need (e.g equipment, collaboration opportunities). Culture depends on the group and PI. Generally, a good place to work at.

Pros

Flexible work time

Cons

sometimes stressful

Friendly environment

Lab work and research on project are the main content. I've learned that the crucial thing is to make enough preparation and investigation and risk assessment before starting experiment. The most enjoyable part of the job is good activity of the materials that I synthesized. The hardest is that my work can't get the recognition.

Productive with a lot of facilities like gym, swimming pools, play grounds freely available. The research facilities are also easily available and accessible. A lot of good canteens. a bit far from the central Singapore area but they have free shuttle bus up to pioneer mrt station.

Supportive work environment but limited exposure for students

- Good relationship between co-workers and supervisors - Limited opportunities for progression or pathway for more permanent employment - Limited exposure for student assistants

Pro Work-Life Balance!

An employer who believes in work-life balance - work hard, play hard! Also believes in the health of employees with time-off once a week for workouts!

Pros

Training & benefits

Cons

Distance/ location

Research Exposure

Great opportunity. Very flexible, encourage you to learn and explore as much as possible. Not many PH.D. students, thus guidance is very less in some departments.

good

The management is very strict and very particular if you are able to carry out your task well. always require to stay back but no OT. They want to know if you are keen by making you stay back

Good University

I worked at the CIL lab as research assistant, very good environment.

Flexibility and friendly

It is great working in NTU as a Research Assistant. The office culture is relax and colleagues are friendly and easy to get along with. This is my first full-time job, colleagues are patient in helping me with my tasks in the first few months of my job. Overall, working here has been good and I am enjoying my time here.

Pros

Friendly colleagues

Cons

Contract

Proud of graduating from NTU

Assign to a supervisor that does not takes research work seriously but rather than getting me to work on other not related work. Colleagues are nice and helpful.

Pros

Great Univeristy

Cons

NTU is too large and many work in Silo

Okay for a temporary job

The job really depends on the principal investigator and the project. Some projects are interesting, some are less. It is not easy to get a publication very quickly.

Productive work place with good research funding

Good work life balance, employees are well taken care of by the management. Project resources and funds are available and easy to use. Good expenditure on R&D

fun workplace

I have much freedom in this work and can learn quite a lot knowledges in machine learning and deep learning methods. The professors are quite nice.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nanyang Technological University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Nanyang Technological University Reviews by Location