National Cancer Centre Singapore

National Cancer Centre Singapore Employee Reviews

An conducive working environment with friendly colleagues who are around to assist always. Always seeking out best practices. Management present and accessible all the time.
My previous tenure company strive in providing excellent care, achieving excellent outcome and satisfaction for our patients. Goals and visions are well aligned with higher management adopting "open door" policy where all level of staff are able to provide feedback. The company adopted "Just Culture" and stress on looking at each incident in an objective and organizational way in a bide to improve person or system in which the incident occurred. Due to the nature of patients we are receiving, the day to day work is highly challenging as we dealt with high alert medications and the vulnerable group of patients. Despite the challenge, we are able to overcome the daily work effectively through cohesiveness and well bond among the colleagues.
Offers good benefits but a low wage. Lack of opportunities and slow career progression. It has the typical bureaucratic working/leadership style where direct reporting officers have limited decision-making power or no upper-hand at all because they are too dependent on their higher management or the Human Resource.
I enjoy working at NCC Helpful staffs , I was a locum nurse at NCC... i was very happy to work over at NCC, best team.Good team of Doctors too.Nice team of staffs, helping hand in hand. But the patient load was high, but manageable with the team.
Good working environment equipped with many advance equipments. Friendly colleagues with good working culture enabled me to learn and experienced a lot of good things.
minimum 8.5 hour per day No overtime fee but sometimes has to stay very late there is an allowance like housing and phone bill but no bonus and AWS like other institutes you can learn a new things if you are new to research field but promotion may seem impossible
NCCS gave me the chance to show my abilities. Throughout my journey in NCCS, I was thought many things. Example like handling difficult patients. The most enjoyable part about the job is, teamwork.
Pros
Great collegues
if this is your first job, you definitely learn alot! Its definitely a great place to start your career with. for people going in with experience, its better you have that relevant experience and very very strong technical and research skills. the work is demanding and stressful. All of us work very long hours and at least one of the weekends too. but the workplace culture is great. people are great. All equally motivated to work together. one of the best lab i have been!
Pros
great people, great boss
Cons
long hours, not work life balance
Good place to work Learnt all the transfection technique Learnt all the animal handling fun place to work good colleagues nice supervisors However, need to deal with clinician
Great management team, with great focus on patient-centred care and clinical research to improve existing cancer treatment methods. Staff receives ample opportunities to undergo further training to upgrade one's self.
Pros
Great culture, fulfilling roles
Cons
Long hours, many responsibilities
So far so good,not too bad,stagnant after awhile,benefits are reasonably alright,little and slow progression,sometimes turnover can be very high at times
Mostly i do breast imaging i learned mammography screening and diagnostics breast biopsy i earned a bunch of good colleagues a lot of paper manual work, not computerized work so human error is expected. Good working hours. 8am to 5pm
Pros
specialized work
Cons
limited scope to breast
-A typical day at work: meeting patients doing admin work, facilitates collection, processing and delivery of samples -Things I have learned: to handle patients information at its strictest confidence and adhere accordingly to specific procedures -It is a good training ground for conducting clinical trials in terms of facilities both pharmaceutical and in house trials. -co-workers are friendly, accommodating, approachable and you can see the passion and dedication in them as they deal with the everyday work -Hardest part is when you are so committed on a certain task and you cannot leave it until its done, then you'd probably want to stay back a little more time just to finish off for the day. -Most enjoyable part is when you're coming to work and you feel the sense of belongingness, it is a great impact when you are in a new environment and the people around you makes you feel comfortable and gives you importance then everything else comes so handy, convenient and easy.
I have been working here for 3 years. Overal, I like my work, my boss and my coworker,
Pros
great coworker, good corporate training
Cons
low medical benefits