National Healthcare Group

National Healthcare Group Employee Reviews

Singapore26 reviews
There is no proper IT support , only a stand alone computer to store data. There are this incident that the all outlook mail was down for three, we have to use internet to send email out, issue was not fix till we keep rebooting the stand alone computer in order to access internet as NHG doe not allow staff to have access to external internet. we have to rectify the problem on our own.
Nice office and working environment, Boss was kind and understanding, my colleagues were alright. I learned a lot on site. If you like events management, this is one place you can start with. They are the main organiser for the Singapore Health Biomedical Conference. They plan everything from start to end.
You're lucky if you have good colleagues within your department because outside of your own department, departments usually work in silo so it can be challenging for collaborative work.
It was really a nice place to work with my relevant job experiences. They also offer competitive salary package with good benefits. It is a dynamic work environment with lots of activities in the company, eg exercise during lunch times, line dancing during office hour. I really enjoyed myself working here with no regrets.
Beside Salary too low, a lot of ecg have to do. Need to Cover ecg alot. You need to float to different polyclinic to cross cover. Other polyclinic will station u to do ecg and ecg non stop Which is very tiring
Pros
Working hours is good
Cons
Too many ecg to do
Work was never the same as i was part of their event planning and execution team in which we collect a bunch of huge data to manage who should we attend to and who should we contact. I was given an opportunity to learn more about logistics management as well as sponsorship and publicity during my stay with National Healthcare Group as i was in charge of sponsorship during the Annual Singapore Health & Biomedical Congress. The management are helpful and attend to your enquiries when you have one and are willing to help resolve the issues as a team.
this was a new career that made me realize thatI can do more..
this company molded me to be at my best, they gave me traings on proper handling of patient and procedures. they had encourageto be confident through thorough practice .

they exposed me to international rules and regulations with regards to proper practice of dental procedures in assisting the dentist .

not to forget the very impressive practice of infection control in carrying out all the procedures.

i am confident to apply the things learnt from this company to other companies who will give me the chance to be working with
Pros
medical, dental, sick leave and insurance
Cons
none that i can consider
Nice environment, colleague ok. Fun place. Alot of event for each culture celebration. Charity event, affordable exercise for the staff and good bonus.
There are projects that can expose you to different experiences, and colleagues are friendly. Even after leaving the clinic, i still hang out with my ex-colleagues :) It can be challenging at times when meeting patient's expectations/requirements, thus there are customer service talks to ensure staffs to be able to handle difficult patients. There are also a list of training list for new staffs to go through which is good as you will get to know everything instead of just some parts of the jobs before you officially start working.
Pros
Bonus, increments every year
Cons
5.5 work days
Dispensing, packing and keying of medicines. Working with patients and Doctors on duty to ensure accurate dispensing of medicine with proper indications according to SOP.
Pros
nil
Cons
nil
I was in a shared service environment. The management tend to lean towards the old methods, and there is favoritism amongst the managers. Daily work is overwhelming, with only a short turnover time given.
Cons
Group Think, More Yes men than people who think out of the box
It is 5 1/2 day work but the experience I have gained is so much. As a normal staff in NUH before has taken me into extra mile to cater to our patients and next of kin. However my experience in National Health Care group under Lab & Xray has taught me the understanding of various scans and the needs for it. It given me the exposure.Was really willing to learn even more far but unfortunately the colleagues around me was not a good buddy to me.I came to learn and not to argue.When I realize that I cant go far to meet more understanding I left the organisation.
Pros
I was able to expose to patients
Cons
Runner
We have to go to the different location after we finish our work in each areas. Interacted with different kind of people. Fun and helpful people regardless of age.
You can never speak up question to management. The lowest level are held to the highest standards, management are not, they can be terrible its never a problem.
No blame culture
We help to develop others as well as help the patients in need. I personally fond of working there as we respect other's diversity and culture. We are patient centered care and also fine tune our system thinking so that we can serve the patients better
Jobs scope was basically interesting and working colleagues were kind and willing to share their knowledge for the benefit of the unit and company. Day to day operations and targets were easily achieved.
Pros
Subsidised health screenings and hospitalisation benefits
Cons
Nil
Supervision of existing and new recruitment nurses
Conduct workshops and Curriculum planning for trainee nurses, new graduates and existing nurses;

Preceptor for new recruitment nurses

Administer vaccinations and infant immunization

Infant developmental assessment

Children visual acuity, height and weight and auditory screening

Women’s health screening &family planning and healthy life style counseling

Screening of scoliosis for adolescents
Good opportunity to work. Career advancement. A proper guide will enhance a good worker and reliable staff. An efficient staff will increase productivity in an organisation.
We cater to providing primary healthcare to approximately 2 million people in Singapore. In diagnostics, we provide patients and healthcare professionals with timely and accurate diagnostic results to patient. We interact with patient to acquire biological specimens before processing the samples in the laboratory and finally releasing the results to healthcare professional to aid them in accurately diagnosing the patient. I have learnt many technical and soft skills from venipuncture, operating a range of healthcare diagnostics machines, quality control, being detail-oriented to handling public relations toward patients and doctors. I work with a small team of medical technologist that aid each other hand in hand to complete the enormous amount of tasks required, with good team spirit. The hardest part would be the number of audits we have to conquer a year but the most enjoyable part would be knowing we had a part in helping someone get better or manage chronic illnesses.
Pros
Learnt many soft skills
Cons
Fussy patients, Demanding Drs.
Managed the day to day operations of a large pharmacy which catered to outpatients and retail pharmacy customers.
This organization recognizes diligent officers and offers a rewarding career.
Pros
Very hardworking, diligent and task-oriented team
Cons
High workload
No comments as the workplace environment and cultures differs from dept to dept and even institutions. Therefore while it may be true for my currently dept may not be so for other dept. There is a lack of synergy among the various depts and institution as well as duplication of work and resources.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Healthcare Group. Our community is ready to answer.
National Healthcare Group Reviews by Location