National Healthcare Group
National Healthcare Group Employee Review

Workplace equity and stability

January 19, 2017
We cater to providing primary healthcare to approximately 2 million people in Singapore. In diagnostics, we provide patients and healthcare professionals with timely and accurate diagnostic results to patient. We interact with patient to acquire biological specimens before processing the samples in the laboratory and finally releasing the results to healthcare professional to aid them in accurately diagnosing the patient. I have learnt many technical and soft skills from venipuncture, operating a range of healthcare diagnostics machines, quality control, being detail-oriented to handling public relations toward patients and doctors. I work with a small team of medical technologist that aid each other hand in hand to complete the enormous amount of tasks required, with good team spirit. The hardest part would be the number of audits we have to conquer a year but the most enjoyable part would be knowing we had a part in helping someone get better or manage chronic illnesses.
Pros
Learnt many soft skills
Cons
Fussy patients, Demanding Drs.
May 20, 2020
Senior Executive Assistant (Former Employee) - one north
There is no proper IT support , only a stand alone computer to store data. There are this incident that the all outlook mail was down for three, we have to use internet to send email out, issue was not fix till we keep rebooting the stand alone computer in order to access internet as NHG doe not allow staff to have access to external internet. we have to rectify the problem on our own.
February 27, 2020
Same location
Internship Student (Former Employee) - Fusionopolis
Nice office and working environment, Boss was kind and understanding, my colleagues were alright. I learned a lot on site. If you like events management, this is one place you can start with. They are the main organiser for the Singapore Health Biomedical Conference. They plan everything from start to end.
December 28, 2019
Same location
Manager (Current Employee) - Various
You're lucky if you have good colleagues within your department because outside of your own department, departments usually work in silo so it can be challenging for collaborative work.