National Healthcare Group

National Healthcare Group Employee Reviews

Singapore28 reviews

Fun workplace

It is a nice place to enjoy your work. I really enjoy during woking. One of the thing is I am able to provide the basic care and need for all my patients.It is ready a good workplace with good teamwork to work together.

balance work place and cuture

The regular work day may vary depends on the project you are attached to. Well the culture is very much consultative with some free flowing of help with the seniors within our team that were encouraging to support and help. Lunches and mealtimes are precious, cause we mingle with work and fun discussions besides work.Overall, enjoyed the time together with the team.

Pros

Pro family events monthly to understand each staff families members with good food and drinks.

Cons

Yes working hours may be long due to integration work.

Political and stressful

There is no proper IT support , only a stand alone computer to store data. There are this incident that the all outlook mail was down for three, we have to use internet to send email out, issue was not fix till we keep rebooting the stand alone computer in order to access internet as NHG doe not allow staff to have access to external internet. we have to rectify the problem on our own.

Nice working environment

Nice office and working environment, Boss was kind and understanding, my colleagues were alright. I learned a lot on site. If you like events management, this is one place you can start with. They are the main organiser for the Singapore Health Biomedical Conference. They plan everything from start to end.

Good work life balance

You're lucky if you have good colleagues within your department because outside of your own department, departments usually work in silo so it can be challenging for collaborative work.

Nice place to work

It was really a nice place to work with my relevant job experiences. They also offer competitive salary package with good benefits. It is a dynamic work environment with lots of activities in the company, eg exercise during lunch times, line dancing during office hour. I really enjoyed myself working here with no regrets.

Management is good.. Compromising

Beside Salary too low, a lot of ecg have to do. Need to Cover ecg alot. You need to float to different polyclinic to cross cover. Other polyclinic will station u to do ecg and ecg non stop Which is very tiring

Pros

Working hours is good

Cons

Too many ecg to do

My Experience

Work was never the same as i was part of their event planning and execution team in which we collect a bunch of huge data to manage who should we attend to and who should we contact. I was given an opportunity to learn more about logistics management as well as sponsorship and publicity during my stay with National Healthcare Group as i was in charge of sponsorship during the Annual Singapore Health & Biomedical Congress. The management are helpful and attend to your enquiries when you have one and are willing to help resolve the issues as a team.

a new me

this was a new career that made me realize thatI can do more.. this company molded me to be at my best, they gave me traings on proper handling of patient and procedures. they had encourageto be confident through thorough practice . they exposed me to international rules and regulations with regards to proper practice of dental procedures in assisting the dentist . not to forget the very impressive practice of infection control in carrying out all the procedures. i am confident to apply the things learnt from this company to other companies who will give me the chance to be working with

Pros

medical, dental, sick leave and insurance

Cons

none that i can consider

Nice environment, colleague ok. Fun place. Alot of event for each culture celebration. Charity event, affordable exercise for the staff and good bonus.

Exposure to many experiences

There are projects that can expose you to different experiences, and colleagues are friendly. Even after leaving the clinic, i still hang out with my ex-colleagues :) It can be challenging at times when meeting patient's expectations/requirements, thus there are customer service talks to ensure staffs to be able to handle difficult patients. There are also a list of training list for new staffs to go through which is good as you will get to know everything instead of just some parts of the jobs before you officially start working.

Pros

Bonus, increments every year

Cons

5.5 work days

Organised work

Dispensing, packing and keying of medicines. Working with patients and Doctors on duty to ensure accurate dispensing of medicine with proper indications according to SOP.

Pros

nil

Cons

nil

Not the worst, but not the best

I was in a shared service environment. The management tend to lean towards the old methods, and there is favoritism amongst the managers. Daily work is overwhelming, with only a short turnover time given.

Cons

Group Think, More Yes men than people who think out of the box

Satification on job scope

It is 5 1/2 day work but the experience I have gained is so much. As a normal staff in NUH before has taken me into extra mile to cater to our patients and next of kin. However my experience in National Health Care group under Lab & Xray has taught me the understanding of various scans and the needs for it. It given me the exposure.Was really willing to learn even more far but unfortunately the colleagues around me was not a good buddy to me.I came to learn and not to argue.When I realize that I cant go far to meet more understanding I left the organisation.

Pros

I was able to expose to patients

Cons

Runner

Different work location

We have to go to the different location after we finish our work in each areas. Interacted with different kind of people. Fun and helpful people regardless of age.

Good Company but fails its employees

You can never speak up question to management. The lowest level are held to the highest standards, management are not, they can be terrible its never a problem.

Understanding and family environment

No blame culture We help to develop others as well as help the patients in need. I personally fond of working there as we respect other's diversity and culture. We are patient centered care and also fine tune our system thinking so that we can serve the patients better

Productive and matured colleagues

Jobs scope was basically interesting and working colleagues were kind and willing to share their knowledge for the benefit of the unit and company. Day to day operations and targets were easily achieved.

Pros

Subsidised health screenings and hospitalisation benefits

Cons

Nil

Fun place to work

Supervision of existing and new recruitment nurses Conduct workshops and Curriculum planning for trainee nurses, new graduates and existing nurses; Preceptor for new recruitment nurses Administer vaccinations and infant immunization Infant developmental assessment Children visual acuity, height and weight and auditory screening Women’s health screening &family planning and healthy life style counseling Screening of scoliosis for adolescents

To upgrade and learning path

Good opportunity to work. Career advancement. A proper guide will enhance a good worker and reliable staff. An efficient staff will increase productivity in an organisation.

Workplace equity and stability

We cater to providing primary healthcare to approximately 2 million people in Singapore. In diagnostics, we provide patients and healthcare professionals with timely and accurate diagnostic results to patient. We interact with patient to acquire biological specimens before processing the samples in the laboratory and finally releasing the results to healthcare professional to aid them in accurately diagnosing the patient. I have learnt many technical and soft skills from venipuncture, operating a range of healthcare diagnostics machines, quality control, being detail-oriented to handling public relations toward patients and doctors. I work with a small team of medical technologist that aid each other hand in hand to complete the enormous amount of tasks required, with good team spirit. The hardest part would be the number of audits we have to conquer a year but the most enjoyable part would be knowing we had a part in helping someone get better or manage chronic illnesses.

Pros

Learnt many soft skills

Cons

Fussy patients, Demanding Drs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Healthcare Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• National Healthcare Group