National Oilwell Varco

National Oilwell Varco Employee Reviews

Singapore29 reviews
If looking for Job with work life balance NOV is the place to be. you can learn and grow in terms of knowledge. In terms of remuneration, it is not industry leading.
Always something new to learn, be ready to expect the unexpected, think of our the box, preserverance, plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. At times can be stressful especially the demand from customer and management.
Enjoy the people relationships within the organisation, travel and the challenges that comes
National Oilwell Varco provides a lot of learning and growth opportunities for any aspiring professionals. I had the privilege to undertake numerous training programs and complete my MBA sponsored by Company as part of its elite Leadership Program.
Good environment, lot of challenging jobs. requires a lot of travel , fun meeting new people and new challenging experiences. Good pay scale along with allowances and other bonuses.
being a MNC, benefits is aplenty. Company provides loads of self development courses and you be exposed to a wide range of team members from different countries.
Pros
people development
Cons
Market forces determine viability of facilities
I love and enjoy working at NOV. However, the culture here is that the structure of the management keep on changing and this includes on opportunity. There are many colleagues who is with very positive attitude and willing to assist you with your daily query and there is also who likes to keep everything to themselves. Due to the frequent changes of management, people are more reserved and do not prefer to share. Other than, work are good and if given the opportunity there is so much to learn from this company.
Pros
Free shuttle bus at certain location
Productive, good, fun, amazing, fantastic, excellent, cooperative, wonderful, comfortable, nice, cool, family-oriented, good leadership, supportive work place.
I used to operate the robotic stellite machine so it is not that difficult to do the job. Just make sure that the parameters are being followed so that the result will pass the maximum tolerance.
Pros
no pressure
Cons
I have been with NOV for 14 years and this has been my 1st career job ever since I left National service. NOV has develop my career steadily as a kid who just graduated and to a man who knows what he wants in life.

NOV has an excellent management system whereby I was lucky to have the opportunity to experience many different roles.

this was a career experience that I surely appreciate.
Pros
flexable management syetems
Cons
nil
Yearly Performance review that doesn't make sense.
Retrenchments done not based on performance,

I strongly believe that good and hard working employees should be kept.
Quite Good place to work. However the market is down and no body know when the market can be recovered. This is a big company and management is standard.
Pros
High pay
Cons
Bad Market
As am doing Sales, and technial support as main fucntions, repsonding and solving issues, quotations, and working on emails is a typical day at work.
Making Sales call to customers, and site issues review or visits are mostly the second part of my day.
Pros
Flexible work Timings
Cons
Work Load
National Oilwell Varco is the best learning to practice work ethics, a lot of challenges in my career while I was working in the field.
The management most likely able to gave me numerous chances to explore more being me as an asset and great contributor with the organizations.

I am so grateful until now that National Oilwell Varco included me before as one of their employee and frequently representing them during my deployment locally or oversea job assignments.

May God bless you all!
Pros
A lot of give away's and training's useful in my field.
Cons
Yeah there is a tendency that i need to work long hours, but all those efforts were compensated.
可以学习新的技能。同事也相处的很好。家里有事的话要拿假,经理和头手都会没问题。工作有时会很压力也很危险。
excellent company to start with in my career. Love to travel, meet all kinds of people and places. Learn all of skill and knowledge, love to go back to this company but only as a snr position or traininer
Pros
alot exposure
Cons
too much less time with family
National Oilwell Varco (Singapore)
- is a worldwide leader in the design, manufacturing and sales of equipment and components in the oil and gas drilling and production, the provision of oilfield inspection and other services, supply chain integration services to the upstream oil and gas industry.
My last assignment was in Batam, Indonesia - working with Indonesian workers. Leading quality team and added with production as well due to slim organization.
Learning the culture of Indonesian, delivering message from headquarter to site, monitoring the overall operation in night shift for both quality and production, enhance thge quality at all times, giving training to sub-ordinates, ensure QMS and SOP are in place at all times

My employment was under Singapore, and they are all supportive although I worked in Batam Plant.

Co-workers are cooperatiove, both Singaporean co-worker or Indonesian co-worker.

The hardest part was sudden change of plan - which need immediate action to react of changes

The most enjoyable part is team are friendly & cooperative and putting effort to complete the job
Pros
Medical benefits, housing allowance, tranport provided
Cons
Permanent Night Shift
I worked with my co-workers with passion. I enjoy doing the job even though there are difficult part of it but I can always find ways to do it. My boss has confident on me as a welder so there is no need for him to supervise me every now and then.
Pros
no pressure from management
Cons
Long hours of working
work as office hour.
Process Bom, routing, create drawing, Tool List and cost roll

Team work

My co-workers are friendly and helpful too
Pros
Na
Installation,commissioning and rectification of all mechanical equipment and with minor electrical troubleshoot. Minimal supervision and travelling to remote places onshore and offshore world wide.

Everday is a learning experience irregardless of whats the nature of the job might be.

Bosses are great as we are able to communicate openly and have only one thing in our mind and that is resolving the issues that we are facing.

The most enjoyable thing about my job is that get to meet all kind of peoples and solving issues onsite.
Pros
I love my job as it offers me places and solving problems onsite. dealing with OIM, Rig crew etc...
Cons
No cons
We work very Hard and Management people only take care of themselves only.
nothing to tell about due to suck my blood and retrange me
Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Oilwell Varco. Our community is ready to answer.
1K