National Oilwell Varco
National Oilwell Varco Employee Review

Working in NOV

May 9, 2016
Installation,commissioning and rectification of all mechanical equipment and with minor electrical troubleshoot. Minimal supervision and travelling to remote places onshore and offshore world wide.

Everday is a learning experience irregardless of whats the nature of the job might be.

Bosses are great as we are able to communicate openly and have only one thing in our mind and that is resolving the issues that we are facing.

The most enjoyable thing about my job is that get to meet all kind of peoples and solving issues onsite.
Pros
I love my job as it offers me places and solving problems onsite. dealing with OIM, Rig crew etc...
Cons
No cons
March 14, 2017
Same role
Installation and Commissioning Engineer (Former Employee) - Tuas Bay
Yearly Performance review that doesn't make sense.
Retrenchments done not based on performance,

I strongly believe that good and hard working employees should be kept.
December 22, 2019
Same location
Engineer (Current Employee) - Singapore
If looking for Job with work life balance NOV is the place to be. you can learn and grow in terms of knowledge. In terms of remuneration, it is not industry leading.
December 2, 2019
Same location
Service Manager (Current Employee) - Singapore
Always something new to learn, be ready to expect the unexpected, think of our the box, preserverance, plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. At times can be stressful especially the demand from customer and management.
Enjoy the people relationships within the organisation, travel and the challenges that comes