National Oilwell Varco

National Oilwell Varco Employee Reviews

Showing all 3,053 reviews
If looking for Job with work life balance NOV is the place to be. you can learn and grow in terms of knowledge. In terms of remuneration, it is not industry leading.
The work life balance is amazing. The management is cool and very friendly. You are independent to make decisions in your day to day work. Work culture is very good.
14/14 schedule, upper management would rather let experienced people quit for better opportunities and hire young kids w/ no experience, compared to the rest of the oilfield, the pay is mediocre. Small town atmosphere, most everyone is from the same small town.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Pay
el ambiente de trabajo es muy normal, se tienen unos beneficios basicos pero la preocupacion de la empresa por mejorar o adaptar las oficinas a tener un mejor ambiente de trabajo es minimio
Great place to work. Felt like a family and loved working with all of my colleagues. Research all jobs and find the position that works best for you. Thanks
Incestuous pit of vipers and completely incompetent management at the cedar park plant. By far the worst place I have ever worked. The pay is fair but this place is a waste of a person's time. I worked there two years and I bless the day i was laid off. My peace of mind and happiness have soared starting with that walkout not to mention my pay doubled at my new job. That place and everyone in it can kiss my
Pros
The pay is ok, and there are benefits.
Cons
Everything. Toxic management and work environment
The work experience at NOV depends on who you report to. I was lucky enough to have a boss that was there 30 plus years and appreciated the way I ran my department and took care of what needed to be done. After my bosses' retirement my department and what we did for the company was no longer important under the current leadership.. We were treated with disrespect except for one employee that was part of the Chinese clique. As we were all let go by Skype while working from home, one member of my team was given a job and saved. The person that was saved is now doing the job another much more qualified team member was doing, but not part of the clique. I was told my entire department was let go, but that was not true. When I was asked to give 3 more people access to our software with a shared password, I questioned the request per the training we received. The Controller treated me as hard to deal with and told me I will do as requested because he said so. So the training they provide that states to question the actions or requests of anyone in the company is viewed as a negative in the current environment.
Empresa com excelentes profissionais de RH, treinamentos excelentes.
Pros
Tudo
Cons
Nada
Extensive travel in what could be hazardous work environment. Equipment Training provided, good support structure for technians in the field. If you're young and able with no dependants and a technical trade or engineering background this could be the job for you
good company to work , people friendly, a lot overtime and you have tovwork overtime if not you are entitle to work next time, management knows how to treat us
Nothing to describe other that easy to get termination and too much politics play by Business Unit Management. Cronyism and Favoritism in this management.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Cronyism and Favoritism
I would recommend this company to work for, as a great place for everyone who wants to be appreciated as a professional. In other words it's kind of a family.
Too much to improve.... from management, work load, expectations, wages according the industry standards, ect. They offered good benefits but it will take way to much time away from your family do to long shifts and mandatory weekends.
Pros
Good place to learn
Cons
Over 10 hours shifts, mandatory weekends, most of supervisors didn't had a clue of what is needed to do most of jobs or tasks
The management of the company is very unstable and reactive. At the slightest fall of the oil price they sack staff. Staff is treated like a numbers game, no one really cares.
Cons
Lack of systematic approach and poor management
Perfect place to work along with a multi-cultural team. Great opportunities for growth. The team is always supportive and great perks. All employees are valued and respected
Excellent opportunities abound to work abroad and other divisions for cross-training and internal development. A large corporation with a family-oriented approach within divisions and segments.
Pros
Cutting-edge technology
Cons
Cyclical nature of oil & gas industry
Empresa que se preocupa por la capacitación constante de su personal
Gerência com boa liderança, segurança em primeiro lugar, benefícios ótimos, refeitório no local
Employee development is more said than done - encouranged yet left up to the employee with no real time allotted for it. Advancement is generally circumstantial and influenced by relationships, not by achievement and only marginally by skill evidence.

Lack of real leadership, especially at the mid-higher levels, coupled by the reality of the tough oilfield market conditions result in not a fun time in the last half decade, no raises, etc.

Divisional goals are expressed once, maybe twice a year, with no real effort to connect them with the work you really do.

There was a 'golden age' at the Cedar Park location many years ago, where there was a family-like environment, but leadership and morale has dwindled since. Good folks still work there, but staff has been decimated by layoffs recently.
Empresa constituida por pessoas amigáveis, por isso todos se sentem bem vindos e se adaptam rapidamente.
Com a crise do Coronavirus vários postos foram fechados, inclusive o meu.
This place is a dump. The management is clueless and the equipment is junk. If you take pride in your job do not work here. The foreman of the machine shop and service shops are uneducated, inexperienced newfies and have no idea how to repair the machines hence why they constantly fall apart. I have never seen such garbage in my 15 years of centrifuge experience.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Oilwell Varco. Our community is ready to answer.
1K